Roberto Jimenez

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

thejackhammer

Re: Roberto Jimenez

Post by thejackhammer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:53 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:29 pm
It really did look to me that he purposely punched that one into his own net
God there's some rubbish being posted here tonight.

Jabsco79

Post by Jabsco79 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:54 pm

Left with an alternative of Alvin’s lad, someone who couldn’t get in Wall’s team last year even when they were close to going down and then threw one in against Brighton in the cup.. jesus.. the clown in goal at the moment must be related to Fagin or have some dirt on him..should quit and become a tattooist..

simon1982

Post by simon1982 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:04 pm

Peaches wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:38 pm
Part of the problem we have is the players don’t believe they can win when he is in goal.
Then the manager has to play 3 at the back. If you know your keeper is crap then you do everything possible to try and protect him. It’s like open season for teams playing us.

Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:04 pm

aaronhammer wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 pm
I spent time watching how his teammates interacted with him. When he made what were some good saves at 3-0, not a single player congratulated him and that told me all I needed to know. They have no respect for him because he’s costing us games left right and centre.
Telling also was the failure by anyone to back him up over the Barnes "foul".

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:13 pm

aaronhammer wrote:
Mate I don’t know if you were one of us who trecked up to Burnley in the cold but I was and I couldn’t give a flying **** what fantasy football says.

Roberto was awful today and inspires zero confidence in the team. The punch which lead to the first goal was embarrassing and the 3rd was the worst West Ham goalkeeping mistake I think I remember.

I spent time watching how his teammates interacted with him. When he made what were some good saves at 3-0, not a single player congratulated him and that told me all I needed to know. They have no respect for him because he’s costing us games left right and centre. It’s all well and good making good saves but doing them at the right time is what matters, as is doing the basics right, which he doesn’t. There was another moment when Balbuena unchallenged put the ball out for a corner, all he needed was a call, and Rice was very clear to let Roberto know that.

If Martin is worse than him then he needs shifting out because he’s not worth having either.
Well said. Fantasy Football my effing arse. Try some real life football up at Turf Moor.

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 pm

The warning signs for me were ringing like f*** when he played for us in pre season. He looked pony back then and he's been consistently pony ever since. f*** him right off out the side and at least give Martin a go.

I also feared our season would quickly go to ratshit should Fabianski have any length of time out and lo and behold it happened. The only thing worth giving a f*** about now this season will be the FA Cup once Fabianskis back should Pellegrini finally take the Cup seriously but no one will be holding their breathe after his previous woeful efforts in the Cups.

What's frustrating is once we actually get close to our best team out (Fabianski being an absolute must!), we are actually a very decent team that's dangerous to tje opposition, rather than to ourselves at the minute. We won't go down, but we won't be pushing the top 7 teams the way we've had to endure having our first team Keeper out.

I've not been happy with Pellegrini of late either, but I do still have faith in him overall and wouldn't change him before the seasons out.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:20 pm

e17 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:38 pm
You mean a list of players who have at one stage or another been our standouts in the last 12 months?

Rice? Diop?

Anderson was the star of the show for a few on here only so far back as beating the Mancs etc.

Crouchy, come on - this poor gormless sod was directly responsible for 2 last weekend and at least 2 today.

Doesn’t defend others shortcomings to say he’s absolute toilet
He is rubbish no doubt. But I dont believe we get more than two or three extra points max if Fabianski is in goal over past two months

The keepers failings means other players get off Scot free. Every single one of our 'valuable' players are overrated beyond belief, and have been for ages

smuts

Post by smuts » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:21 pm

Pulled off some.decent saves....but the punch was pathetic which led to their first, Balbuena has been bloody awful so he throws it straight to him with a bloke haring up to him to give them the second and as for the third. Wow.

At least McKnight or Ilic no longer has the tag for the worst keeper ever seen in our colours. He's throwing at least one in every match.

What really pisses me off is that everyone could see how many times Fabianski saved our bacon last season, so we bring in 2 cheapo replacements for Adrian, don't look to address the defensive issues hoping that a 34 year old keeper will never get injured or drop his form slightly.

Either incompetence or ignorance.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:25 pm

Colours never run wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 pm

What's frustrating is once we actually get close to our best team out (Fabianski being an absolute must!), we are actually a very decent team that's dangerous to tje opposition, rather than to ourselves at the minute. We won't go down, but we won't be pushing the top 7 teams the way we've had to endure having our first team Keeper out.

We aren't a good team, with or without him. We are rubbish. Whig is why we probably have the least amount of shots in the whole division
We have a cap sub keeper. But we also have an abysmal midfield and toothless attack
In summary we are rubbish and have been all season

e17

Post by e17 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:28 pm

We’d lost once in six games before Fabianski got injured

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:25 pm
We aren't a good team, with or without him. We are rubbish. Whig is why we probably have the least amount of shots in the whole division
We have a cap sub keeper. But we also have an abysmal midfield and toothless attack
In summary we are rubbish and have been all season

Not even close to being an abysmal midfield and a toothless attack, it just hasn't gelled as well as we'd hope this season but it's nowhere near as bad as you make out. Our main troubles have always been in Defence/when Roberto plays.
Last edited by Colours never run on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:32 pm

e17 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:28 pm
I am not defending him. He is shocking.
But let's be honest so is everyone else. Players with far bigger reputations than him

We concede something like close to 15 shots a game and have about 6. That is not down to the keeper

Only two players have earnt their wages this seas on. Ogbonna and Snodgrass. And one got dropped

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:33 pm

aaronhammer wrote:

I spent time watching how his teammates interacted with him. When he made what were some good saves at 3-0, not a single player congratulated him and that told me all I needed to know. They have no respect for him because he’s costing us games left right and centre. It’s all well and good making good saves but doing them at the right time is what matters, as is doing the basics right, which he doesn’t. There was another moment when Balbuena unchallenged put the ball out for a corner, all he needed was a call, and Rice was very clear to let Roberto know that.
Their attitude stunk the place out today. I saw nearly every player throw their arms out complaining about somebody else and their body language after the goal spelt 'f*** it'.

Roberto is unbelievably bad. He makes some difficult saves, at least 3 today, but then does the simple things wrong. Regardless, it was unbelievable how he was hung out by the players. Not sure I've seen it before. That says a lot about them rather than him I think. Whoever was captain after Noble was injured didn't do their job.

And as for the fans jeering and mocking him and insulting Pelle, well their attitude stinks as well. We've been here before, this symbiotic **** fest. I admit to having had a good laugh a few times and holding my head in disbelief but I applauded his saves and didn't jeer him.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:33 pm

Colours never run wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 pm
Not even close to being an abysmal midfield and a toothless attack, it just hasn't gelled as well as we'd hope this season but it's nowhere near as bad as you make out. Our main troubles have always been in Defence/when Roberto plays.
Not even close to being an absymal midfield? It must be the worst in the division

e17

Post by e17 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:36 pm

On the plus side he’s only up against Son & Kane next time out

smuts

Post by smuts » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:36 pm

Colours never run wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 pm
The attack and midfield has been dire since Palace. Haller never gets a sniff and just strolls around a 10 yard circle, Anderson can't pass 5 yards or beat a man, Rice has been abysmal since his England debacle etc.

Defensively we've been poor (even worse since Oggy inexplicably got dropped) but up the pitch we've not been much better especially now Yarmalenko's little purple patch is over.

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:37 pm

He's awful...

The crowd singing you're ****ing **** at him I found very sad

this club eh

aaronhammer

Post by aaronhammer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:40 pm

e17 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:28 pm
Not just the results but if we take out the 2 big losses (Man City and Oxford) and the Bournemouth game when Fabianski got injured:
Fabianski - 5 games, 3 clean sheets (Norwich, Villa, Man Utd), 2 goals conceded (Brighton [1], Watford [1])
Roberto - 6 games, 1 clean sheet (Newport), 11 goals conceded (Palace [2], Everton [2], Sheff Utd [1], Newcastle [3], Burnley [3])

If people don’t see the negative impact he’s had on the defence then I think they’re watching a different goalkeeper to me.

e17

Post by e17 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 pm

I usually avoid the stats and just stick to what my old pork pies witness, but on this occasion it’s unanimous anyway

11 goals :phew: painful

smuts

Post by smuts » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:45 pm

Phil S wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:37 pm
He's awful...

The crowd singing you're ****ing **** at him I found very sad

this club eh
I feel sorry for the guy. He's not good enough and is a victim of our "f*** it, he's cheap, he'll do" attitude like Sanchez, etc. Cheap lazy signings rather than proper scouting to bring in decent prospects for key back up positions.