Roberto Jimenez

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Doc H Ball

Re: Roberto Jimenez

Post by Doc H Ball » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:47 pm

Phil S wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:37 pm

The crowd singing you're ****ing **** at him I found very sad
It was sad mate. If they can't sing about who is really at fault then screw them.

Good to see you and your son earlier. I still enjoy meeting up and trying to have a giggle, so f*** the rest of it.

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:49 pm

I don't really feel sorry for him

I doubt he gives a f*** that I've just done a 540 mile round trip and spent f*** knows how much to watch that rabble

I just think the chanting about him was sad and uncalled for

We used to be better than that...

Chicken Run Supreme

Post by Chicken Run Supreme » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:50 pm

smuts wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:21 pm
.......................Either incompetence or ignorance.
Both. The logic of moving on Adrian is completely lost on me.

A keeper who has had his confidence drained will get you relegated. We need to press the eject button.

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:52 pm

Phil S wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:49 pm

I just think the chanting about him was sad and uncalled for

We used to be better than that...
:thup:

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:54 pm

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:50 pm
Both. The logic of moving on Adrian is completely lost on me.

A keeper who has had his confidence drained will get you relegated. We need to press the eject button.
Adrian was out of contract and didn't sign another one. What do you want the club to do. Kidnap him?

Adrian leaving was inevitable once he had sat on the bench all year. The problem was not replacing him properly

Unlucky Alf

Post by Unlucky Alf » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:05 pm

He may be the worst goalie I've ever seen but he does have fantastic tattoos

HammerAl

Post by HammerAl » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:08 pm

I might be the only one, but I feel a bit sorry for him. He’s clearly not up to PL standard anymore, but he’s been chucked in at the deep end during the team’s awful run of form, and I can only imagine that when he signed for us he knew he wouldn’t play at all apart from maybe the odd cup game. It feels a bit like when Evra signed for us - a good player back in the day but his body was completely done. However sh*t someone’s is, no one deserves to have that chanted at them. Bang out of order.
Last edited by HammerAl on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chicken Run Supreme

Post by Chicken Run Supreme » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:09 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:54 pm
Adrian leaving was inevitable once he had sat on the bench all year. The problem was not replacing him properly
That was what I meant rather than we shouldn't have let him leave. It was the fact that we replaced him with one unknown quantity and another already known to be iffy.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:12 pm

Anyone know if theRe any out of contract keepers available anywhere to tide us over till January?

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:44 am

What gets me is this chap is something like 6ft 4, yet often plays like a timid midget who's allergic to the ball and struggles to come off his line.

Husillos has proper dropped a bollock recruiting him, as he worked with him before.

bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:28 am

Colours never run wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:44 am
What gets me is this chap is something like 6ft 4, yet often plays like a timid midget who's allergic to the ball and struggles to come off his line.

Husillos has proper dropped a bollock recruiting him, as he worked with him before.
Questionable posture?

Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"

Post by Wilko1304 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 am

I don’t think he’s probably as bad as he has shown. I would guess we’re seeing his worst, not anywhere near his average. I would put it down to his weaknesses being even further highlighted by the mess in front of him. We have a goalkeeper weak on set pieces and a defence that isn’t good on them either.

With that said, I also don’t think he’s good enough.

Confidence is down for him anyway, the team is struggling too. They then don’t have the man behind them who gives them confidence.

I’d drop him. He’s being targeted by his own fans, the ironic cheers started before the third goal and were there last week too.

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:04 am

Wilko1304 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 am
I don’t think he’s probably as bad as he has shown.
100%. I reckon he could get a lot worse than he's already shown. I think he's that bad at this level. He struggled badly even at Oxfords level.

reo_coker20
One line wonder

Post by reo_coker20 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:01 am

HammerAl wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:08 pm
I might be the only one, but I feel a bit sorry for him. He’s clearly not up to PL standard anymore, but he’s been chucked in at the deep end during the team’s awful run of form, and I can only imagine that when he signed for us he knew he wouldn’t play at all apart from maybe the odd cup game. It feels a bit like when Evra signed for us - a good player back in the day but his body was completely done. However sh*t someone’s is, no one deserves to have that chanted at them. Bang out of order.
Wouldn’t say he was chucked in with a team in awful form we was playing half decent and was picking points up with a win against man u, he came in for cup game and was statue following game he came on when fab got injured since then we haven’t won a game, he’s part of the problem

e17

Post by e17 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:06 am

HammerAl wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:08 pm
Evra didn’t keep punching the ball in his own net or jumping at everything like a French mime artist though

waynepin

Post by waynepin » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:07 am

bit more money and I am sure Adrian would have stayed as back up, he went to Liverpool to be back up not to play he knew he was no 2 there. we gambled on fabs not getting injured because his injury record was good, poor planning and cheap options, the west ham way

reo_coker20
One line wonder

Post by reo_coker20 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:16 am

waynepin wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:07 am
bit more money and I am sure Adrian would have stayed as back up, he went to Liverpool to be back up not to play he knew he was no 2 there. we gambled on fabs not getting injured because his injury record was good, poor planning and cheap options, the west ham way
You only gotta think we bought 2 keepers in and still saved on wages last year we didn’t have a senior third keeper we had trott what was wrong with trott or anang as third choice this year and keeping Adrian or signing a better number 2

thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:24 am

reo_coker20 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:16 am
You only gotta think we bought 2 keepers in and still saved on wages last year we didn’t have a senior third keeper we had trott what was wrong with trott or anang as third choice this year and keeping Adrian or signing a better number 2
Adrian wanted to be a number 1 so he left.

We wanted Trott to get first team experience so we signed two goalkeepers, the third choice goalkeeper is a pointless position so we didnt break the bank on that one.

We replaced Adrian with an experienced goalkeeper who is a large step down from Fabianski, but so is Adrian.

Adrian spent the summer looking for a club and couldn't find one, Liverpool got desperate so signed him.

Adrian looks good behind Liverpool's defence, so would Roberto.

We can blame the goalkeeper all we want, but Fabianski made the most saves in the league last season, we had one of the highest expected goals conceded last season, put any less than world class goalkeeper behind that defence and they look awful.

Hence why Randolph, Hart, Adrian and Roberto have all looked awful.

e17

Post by e17 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 am

thejackhammer wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:24 am
Adrian wanted to be a number 1 so he left.

We wanted Trott to get first team experience so we signed two goalkeepers, the third choice goalkeeper is a pointless position so we didnt break the bank on that one.

We replaced Adrian with an experienced goalkeeper who is a large step down from Fabianski, but so is Adrian.

Adrian spent the summer looking for a club and couldn't find one, Liverpool got desperate so signed him.

Adrian looks good behind Liverpool's defence, so would Roberto.

We can blame the goalkeeper all we want, but Fabianski made the most saves in the league last season, we had one of the highest expected goals conceded last season, put any less than world class goalkeeper behind that defence and they look awful.

Hence why Randolph, Hart, Adrian and Roberto have all looked awful.
“The champions league winners got desperate so signed Adrian”

I think you’re working on the presumption of how our club does business being how everyone else does.

I keep seeing this ‘Roberto would be alright at Anfield’ stuff - it’s a weird logic - this fella has already had more truly terrible games for us than Adrian did in however many years

and I don’t even think he was that wonderful. But he’s proven he can play at premiership level

This new bloke blatantly can’t

thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:34 am

They signed Andy Lonergan on a monthly rolling contract to play in friendlies because they had no one else.

They were literally desperate for goalkeeping back up.