👋 Farewell, Pablo Fornals

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Re: Pablo Fornals

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Some of our players are probably as bad as they have shown, Fornals isn't. I really don't know whats happened so far, but he is so much better than that. A run of games, a win, a confidence boost...The last time Fornals had a really good game he was dropped for the one after.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:47 am Some of our players are probably as bad as they have shown, Fornals isn't. I really don't know whats happened so far, but he is so much better than that. A run of games, a win, a confidence boost...The last time Fornals had a really good game he was dropped for the one after.
That is spot on - and is almost certainly true of Haller as well.

Despite all his experience Pelle seems to have lost the ability to get the best out of some players.
As if to emphasize that, Lucas Perez, who was very poorly used under Pelle, is on fire in La Liga, playing for bang average Alaves,
with some statistics showing him as the best minutes per goals striker in Primera
daytimedave
Has liked: 270 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by daytimedave »

was standing by the tunnel entrance prior to kick off on saturday,fornals & ajeti walked out for a wonder,
on their return a few fans shouted at em for a wave/aknowledgment , but they just kept walking and ignored the fans,
total blank, one supporter shouted ' oi we are your fans'
both players looked so miserable and un interested , poor body language, surely just a wave or some indication to your fans that you appreciate thier support , kind of pissed me off in a way .
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 516 likes
Total likes: 1311 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

daytimedave wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:36 am was standing by the tunnel entrance prior to kick off on saturday,fornals & ajeti walked out for a wonder,
on their return a few fans shouted at em for a wave/aknowledgment , but they just kept walking and ignored the fans,
total blank, one supporter shouted ' oi we are your fans'
both players looked so miserable and un interested , poor body language, surely just a wave or some indication to your fans that you appreciate thier support , kind of pissed me off in a way .
Or they don't speak English yet.
daytimedave
Has liked: 270 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by daytimedave »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:38 am Or they don't speak English yet.

the fans were shouting his name . im sure they are aware of the response from fans as they enter exit the tunnel, just a friendly wave and smile wont hurt . as a supporter said , we are their fans !
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2399 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

daytimedave wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:47 am the fans were shouting his name . im sure they are aware of the response from fans as they enter exit the tunnel, just a friendly wave and smile wont hurt . as a supporter said , we are their fans !
I quite like the attitude i have seen from Fornals so far
Just the little things like when Antonio scored he celebrated quite a lot. I also noticed Anderson celebrating on the bench
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:20 pm also noticed Anderson celebrating on the bench
Did it look like he might be moving around a bit?
devonshirecream
Total likes: 1 like

Post by devonshirecream »

One of those players that need a season to adapt, I know we need him now but it ain't going to happen.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

devonshirecream wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:32 am One of those players that need a season to adapt, I know we need him now but it ain't going to happen.
And he's been put into a tough spot New country, new league, new teammates, and he's being asked to cover for a lot of different roles in midfield, while also having no consistent role and playing time. It's hard enough for a young player to make a move and hit the ground running, even harder when he doesn't have any consistency.

Looking at some of the underlying analysis, he was pretty good the 2 matches he started as a CM (2 starts, 161 minutes). His 3 other appearances in the starting lineup all came at different positions (AMC, ML, MR) and he has 7 sub appearances almost all short.

I get that we have injuries, but he needs to know what is expected of him in terms of his role, and concentrate on that. Pelle has put him in a tough spot by asking him to be a bit of everything
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

There may be mitigating circumstances with his poor form but again, was there any other foreign import of ours who has looked as out of their depth on joining, then come good?

I can’t think of one.

Buying the best from the Championship plus experienced Prem players as Palace have done in Cahill, Townsend, Kouyate and Tomkins would represent far less of a gamble imo.
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

First solid outing for us today. Some very very intelligent passes and movement

More please
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1149 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Worked his backside off tbf

Had a much better second half than first I thought.

Definitely better
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1976 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

would have rather seen him in CM and Anderson LM

not quite sure why Anderson was shaking his head when he came off - I like players who don't want to be subbed but to be honest he was peripheral most of the game.....
61dicksey
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

played him centrally , his natural position , not rocket science.
WCpete
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by WCpete »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:05 pm would have rather seen him in CM and Anderson LM

not quite sure why Anderson was shaking his head when he came off - I like players who don't want to be subbed but to be honest he was peripheral most of the game.....
Has he got it written in his contract that he has to come off in the 70th? Anderson, that is. I didn’t like bringing in Yarmolenko for Felipe to protect a lead. Yarmo can’t run. He just can’t. We were under pressure as soon as he came on.

Anyhow, I thought Fornals was useful today. Let’s have more of that.
Softhammer

Post by Softhammer »

At the end of the day I think he was good today. Pretty good with the ball, he's not the fastest player but he runs and doing his best.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 570 likes
Total likes: 294 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Getting there.

Today would have done him the world of good.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

WCpete wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:18 pm Has he got it written in his contract that he has to come off in the 70th? Anderson, that is. I didn’t like bringing in Yarmolenko for Felipe to protect a lead. Yarmo can’t run. He just can’t. We were under pressure as soon as he came on.

Anyhow, I thought Fornals was useful today. Let’s have more of that.
Think the idea was that we were likely to be pinned back more as the match came towards a close and have more balls played in the air. Yarmo is a more physical presence and better in a more defensive positioning than Felipe, while Felipe can run. Yarmo had a couple clearances late in the box that were key
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

He was playing with a smile on his face.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

Up until now he has not looked like Premier League standard.

Much better today. 👏