Payet? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Re-sign Payet?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:21 pm

Yes
53%
No
42%
Unsure
5%

Total votes: 445

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Re: Payet? [POLL]

Post by S-H »

Hayden would be a lovely signing.

Can we have poll?
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

S-H wrote:Hayden would be a lovely signing.

Can we have poll?
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 205 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Georgee Paris wrote:
Started off quite good

Beiges
Cages
Gauges
Pages
Rages
Sages

ENGAGES
RAMPAGES
Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Ironically, if the dildo brothers had spent the ~£100m while he was here, he probably would have stayed.

Clearly they didn’t trust Bilic enough to give it to him, which ultimately turned out to be the correct decision.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Mega Ron wrote:
Knob.
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Well this ones just dividing opinions baby!
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

There are a number of Payet references and goal videos on the WH insta page recently
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Certainly getting people talking today. Payet is now trending on Twitter.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1994 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

are the same people campaigning for Payet, the same (or similar) ones who begged for Nasri to come here ?

that worked out so well didn't it ?
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Did anyone, anywhere, beg Nasri to come here?
bigcarpchaser
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by bigcarpchaser »

It would be a bit like shagging an ex girlfriend, sounds like a good idea but ultimately it’s not quite bad exciting second time round. Especially when she’s older, fatter and saggier. She’d probably say the same.
It’s a heart says yes, head says no.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

HammerAl wrote:Christ he only wanted to leave our football club at one point. He hasn’t killed anyone, stolen a load of money from a children’s charity or stamped on a cat!

For the right price, on the right terms, under the right circumstances, it’s a no brainer. Let’s just have a bit of fun and enjoy a bit of romance ey!?

Also, people are advocating signing Isaac Hayden (that’s right, Isaac. C*nting. Hayden.) as a squad player for £15m, but are turning their noses up at Payet. Weird.
Completely agree.

I think Hayden is a big, clumsy footballer with the turning circle of an articulated lorry. No idea what so many see in him.

Payet at 32 would walk into our team.
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 982 likes

Post by e17 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:are the same people campaigning for Payet, the same (or similar) ones who begged for Nasri to come here ?

I just want him back because he made me treasure my season ticket when he was here :wink:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:are the same people campaigning for Payet, the same (or similar) ones who begged for Nasri to come here ?

Not a fair comparison... Nasri had spent a year out of the game and could barely last more than a game without getting injured again. Payet has spent the last year making 31 appearances and statistically Marseilles best chance creator.

If Nasri wasn't injured, I'm certain he would have still had enough quality to do a very good job for us.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Aztec Hammer wrote:
No it doesn’t. Our team is night and day from that shitheap he left behind.
If you really think Payet forced a move because he was unhappy with our squad then fair enough. It isn't true though. He probably wasn't delighted with the signings, but it asnt the reason he wanted to leave.
If he wanted to play with the best players he could, he wouldn't have insisted on joining a club half way down the French league and would have gone to one of the big European giants who were all interested

He wanted [needed] to go to Marseille then and there for reasons outside of football. It seems those reasons are no longer as valid now so maybe he will come back. He certainly doesn't have an axe to grind with the owners as far as I know

I
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

wasn't the deal with Nasri "he's only....had a year out of the game which means less wear and tear...I'm good with him even at 60K per.........good player......"

sorry hammermann figure of speech.......

no one's "begging" for Payet but it sure as shyte sounds like it.........

like I say, if they owe us money still that they can't pay, Sansom or Kamara

26M and 17M respectively...

(approximately)

if it's 10M owed then Sansom (24) is 16M (I have to bow to anyone else who knows more about him than me) and about 7M for Kamara (19) who I think would be WELL worth that.........

or give up 10M for someone who is 33 next birthday..

no brainer...

imvho
kentishiron
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by kentishiron »

Payet is levels above Nasri, especially a Nasri who is constantly injured and hasn't played regular football in however many years.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I wasn't for signing him in the first place and I feel the same now about Payet.

he'd want a 2 year deal is my guess.

he's 33 next birthday.
kentishiron
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by kentishiron »

He can have a 2 year deal, his game has never been around his pace, look at David Silva who turns 34 in January and is still imo the best in his position in the league.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:]

If you really think Payet forced a move because he was unhappy with our squad then fair enough. It isn't true though. He probably wasn't delighted with the signings, but it asnt the reason he wanted to leave.
If he wanted to play with the best players he could, he wouldn't have insisted on joining a club half way down the French league and would have gone to one of the big European giants who were all interested

He wanted [needed] to go to Marseille then and there for reasons outside of football. It seems those reasons are no longer as valid now so maybe he will come back. He certainly doesn't have an axe to grind with the owners as far as I know

I
I’ve heard all the different rumours of why... cheated on his partner, knocked up a random woman etc etc.

The way I see it, the more personal the reason and the less ‘West Ham’ it was just makes me even less insulted than I already am about him leaving us. It’s only football at the end of the day. If his life was a shambles and he needed out to Marseille, then it was what it was.

And if all that was false and he did leave because we were far below his expectations of how he wanted to spend the next couple of years (reaching a European final with that club halfway down the French league), that really doesn’t bother me either.

Basically, I’m not bothered why he left. All I know is that he is the best player I’ve seen personally for us and what most of our squad can do with a football, he can do with an orange.

We’d be silly not to have him for the next couple of seasons, if it’s a cutdown price.