Payet? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Re-sign Payet?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:21 pm

Yes
53%
No
42%
Unsure
5%

Total votes: 445

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Re: Payet? [POLL]

Post by fjthegrey »

As previously stated, if Pellegrini wants a player, I don't care who they are, I'm on board.
bracknellhammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by bracknellhammer »

it'll be worth it just to see how the club spin this into a positive move after the public bashing that they gave him when he left.

That last season at The Boleyn, he was the best player I'd ever seen since for us since Brooking and Dev in their prime.

More gifted than Paolo for me, but miles behind him for passion for the club.

A yes from me if we can get him for next to nothing and we get the same player that we had in 2015/6. His goal against 'boro is probably the best goal that I've ever seen scored with my own eyes. Had it been Messi etc. it would still be shown on every football programme

:crest:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

fjthegrey wrote:As previously stated, if Pellegrini wants a player, I don't care who they are, I'm on board.
Is the right answer.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Though I'd love to see him back for a season - as a squad player, I honestly don't think it will happen at all (sorry S-H)
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Post by ironilunga »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Come home Dimitri.
I dont think it was ever home for Payet. More a place where he stayed for a couple of years and upon giving notice did a massive turd on the door step.

Staggered so many want him back? Had him at his peak for a few fantastic seasons when he was motivated (largely by the World Cup) and was a world beater. At 32 he is probably about to engage in the Benni Mccarthy diet plan (brassiere at the ready Dimitri) and is looking for a club with a big salary to see out the last few years of his career.

I think some fans are hardwired to engage in these sentimental 'come home' transfers. They personally frustrate me and along with buying washed up players from the likes of Man Utd are to be avoided. I think the mistake that is made with these transfers is that clubs think they are getting the player as they were in their heyday. What you end up getting is a slower, older shadow of that player who has questionable motivation in coming to us? Two recent examples are Joe Cole and Javier Hernandez. High wages and offering little on the field. For me the second stint of Cole slightly tarnished the memory of how good he actually was first time around. Hernandez will end up shuffling off later this summer rather like Cole did second time around. See also Rooney at Everton and many other examples.

We have to move on from these stupid transfers and be more professional.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Though I'd love to see him back for a season - as a squad player, I honestly don't think it will happen at all (sorry S-H)
It's ok..

If he is being touted around by his agent, I'd hate to see him lining up for another Premier League side..
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

this will just be like tevez, rumoured every window but never gonna happen.
I'd have him back though
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2572 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

S-H wrote: It's ok..

If he is being touted around by his agent, I'd hate to see him lining up for another Premier League side..
and scoring a free kick against us.
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

bigcarpchaser wrote:It would be a bit like shagging an ex girlfriend, sounds like a good idea but ultimately it’s not quite bad exciting second time round. Especially when she’s older, fatter and saggier. She’d probably say the same.
It’s a heart says yes, head says no.
My reasoning for voting no is exactly this. I have forgiven him his sins, but I just don't think we will see the same magic this time around.............

.........unless he has learnt a few new tricks since the last time. :wink:
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

The game for me is about entertainment, I go to football to watch players do stuff I can't do on a pitch.

Payet gives that in bucket loads.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Hamburger wrote:..
I get that he wanted to leave for personal reasons but you can't just pick & choose where you go. He was worth twice what Marseille could afford, THAT'S what pssed me off. As good as he might still be (big maybe), don't want the attitude back thanks.
this is pretty much it in a nut-shell
There is right way to go about things, and a wrong way

No player earning the cash they earn should refuse to play to get what they want, especially when what they want is so detrimental to the current club
Simple as that IMHO
S-H

Post by S-H »

There is only one way to settle this..
bracknellhammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by bracknellhammer »

S-H wrote:There is only one way to settle this..
Meet up at the Podium Bar to discuss it?
S-H

Post by S-H »

ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Is the dude in the cap actually Payet?
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

The figure I've seen quoted is £6m. And also that we have a 25% sell on clause with Marseille.
For that money, which is basically buttons in the current market, I'm moving to a Yes.
Geoff Peters-Moore
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Geoff Peters-Moore »

It's a massive no from me. Yes he was brilliant for us the first season but he is now 3 years older, less fit, more injury prone and still susceptible to the sulks. Given he would no longer be the star man that could quickly raise its head again. So I would be against on those grounds alone. But refusing to play and force through a move where we only got half his value is unforgivable.
DM
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by DM »

S-H wrote:There is only one way to settle this..
This is going to go the same way as Brexit isn't it?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

fjthegrey wrote:As previously stated, if Pellegrini wants a player, I don't care who they are, I'm on board.

That's a good way to look at it. Trust the Gaffer, whatever he does.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

a rumour that reeks of a club / agent trying to tout round a player to drum up some interest...