Hammers on Loan 2019/20

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

LeonRivers

Re: Hammers on Loan 2019/20

Post by LeonRivers » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:32 am

Latest Fixtures:

Nathan Trott

Nathan was beaten only by an injury time penalty as Wimbledon drew 1-1 with Southend.

MATCH REPORT:
"Nathan Trott was finally worked with 10 minutes remaining as he parried Stephen McLaughlin's free-kick."

LIVE TWEETS:

1 - Stephen Humphrys volleys at goal, but Nathan Trott saves.
57 - A nervy moment for Wimbledon as Thomas was unable to clear and the ball fell nicely for Southend sub Hutchinson, but he shot straight at Trott.
80 - Trott saves well to push out a well struck free-kick by Stephen McLaughlin. 1-0 to The Dons with 10 minutes to go.

Next Match: Sat 11th January vs Portsmouth (a)

Jordan Hugill

Jordan played 23 minutes as QPR crushed Cardiff 6-1. He was introduced at 6-0, though QPR did play with ten men for the final 10 minutes due to injury.

Next Match: Sun 5th January vs Swansea (h)

Grady Diangana

not in squad (injured)

Next Match: Sun 5th January vs Charlton (a)

Dapo Afolayan

not in squad

Next Match: Sat 4th January vs Grimsby (h)

Aji Alese

unused sub

Next Match: Tues 7th January vs Fleetwood (a) - EFL Trophy 3rd Round

OP UPDATED

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:14 pm

Latest Fixtures:

Jordan Hugill

Jordan scored two first-half goals - the first of which was high class - as QPR crushed Swansea 5-1 in the FA CUp 3rd Round. He set up the 4th goal with a header and now has ten goals this season.

The first goal, picked out as one of the best goals of the day:

MATCH REPORT:
"Against the run of play Hugill collected Todd Kane's pinpoint cross on his chest before volleying the ball into the top corner past Kristoffer Nordfeldt."
"On the stroke of half-time, Hugill bagged his second as he got on to the end of Chair's free-kick to divert to ball home to round off a dominant first half."

LIVE TWEETS:

21' RANGERS IN FRONT! Bright Osayi-Samuel and Todd Kane combine to find Jordan Hugill, who buries his volley past Nordfeldt. QPR take the lead!
45' HUGILL SLIDES IN ANOTHER! Jordan Hugill gets on the end of Chair's free-kick to make it 3!

Next Match: Sat 11th January vs Brentford (a)

Josh Cullen

not in squad (injured)

Next Match: Sat 11th January vs WBA (h)

Grady Diangana

not in squad (injured)

Next Match: Sat 11th January vs Charlton (a)

Dapo Afolayan

not in squad

Loan expired

OP UPDATED
Last edited by LeonRivers on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:26 am

West Brom set for Kieran Gibbs scan results with 'no rush' on Grady Diangana
Albion are waiting on scan results for full-back Kieran Gibbs while Grady Diangana is not ready to return for Sunday's FA Cup trip to Charlton.
Attacker Diangana has not yet been able to train due to the back problem that forced him off against Birmingham last month.

He will not be involved against fellow Championship outfit Charlton, but will be fit to return for the following game – also at the home of the Addicks, in the league six days later.

There has been no further movement on West Ham's decision to recall Diangana from his stint at The Hawthorns. The Premier League side have two weeks in the January window to trigger the recall.
On Diangana featuring, the boss added: "No, but definitely for the next game.

"His progress is going as expected. At the beginning you only know four weeks, and it's not a big injury, but it's not he's had a setback, it's all good, but you don't want to rush too much.

"He missed those couple of sessions, proper sessions, that we didn't have anyway in this period on the pitch all together, apart from days before game."
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -diangana/

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:29 am

QPR 5 Swansea 1 - R's sail into FA Cup fourth round with convincing win

Queens Park Rangers put on another impressive performance in front of their supporters as they thrashed Swansea 5-1 in the FA Cup third round.

Jordan Hugill struck either side of Bright Osayi-Samuel's goal in the first half to put Rangers 3-0 up at the break.

But the away side hit back through substitute George Byers before wonder goals from Lee Wallace and Josh Scowen made it five.
The Swans went close again on 18 minutes as Jay Fulton fired into the side-netting from a difficult angle.

But it was Rangers who had the lead four minutes later when Todd Kane picked out Hugill with a cross, allowing the striker to control the ball with his chest and volley into the bottom corner past Kristoffer Nordfeldt.
Four minutes before half-time, Chair struck a free-kick straight into the hands of Nordfeldt but another of his free-kicks on the brink of the break proved to be more damaging for the Swans as he crossed for Hugill to slide in at the back post and make it three.
QPR: Kelly, Kane, Cameron, Masterson, Wallace, Ball, Scowen, Pugh, Chair, Osayi-Samuel, Hugill
https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-6451546

QPR 5 Swansea 1: Player ratings
Jordan Hugill 9 - Fantastic finish for his first goal, chesting the ball down before volleying into the bottom corner, and showed great desire to score his second from Chair's free-kick.
https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-6451742

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:29 am

Bowyer gives Charlton injury update: Lyle, Cullen and Field near return
There was good news surrounding Josh Cullen and Sam Field too, as both are making progress as they look to return from ankle and knee injuries respectively.

“Josh Cullen will be back in and around training on Monday to do the last bits of rehab which is a big boost.
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/181 ... ar-return/

Lee Bowyer on Josh Cullen returning to train with Charlton and Lyle Taylor’s injury
West Ham loanee Josh Cullen is set to return to training with Charlton tomorrow.

The 23-year-old midfielder suffered a knee injury during the 2-2 draw with Cardiff back in mid-November and was sent back to the London Stadium for treatment.

But Addicks boss Lee Bowyer is set to be reunited with his loan signing at Sparrows Lane on Monday morning.

“Josh Cullen is coming back to us tomorrow at the training ground,” revealed Bowyer.

“He’ll probably still be ten days, two weeks [away from fitness]. But for me to be seeing Josh Cullen walking around our training ground again, it’s going to be a great sight for me.

“He’s been gone for so long. I had a chat with him in the dressing room before the game [in the FA Cup against West Brom]. Hopefully we can start getting these people coming back.”
https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee- ... rs-injury/

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Oxford United: Feyenoord's Liam Kelly and West Ham's Nathan Holland sign

Holland, 21, has made two substitute appearances in the Premier League for West Ham this season.

He also featured against the U's for his parent club when they were beaten 4-0 in the third round of the Carabao Cup in September.

"Oxford definitely have an attitude and style while the manager has also made a big impact on encouraging me to come here," Holland told BBC Radio Oxford.

U's boss Karl Robinson said of Kelly: "For someone like Jaap to take him to Feyenoord tells you plenty about him and when the opportunity came about to bring him here I confess I was shocked."

Oxford are currently fourth in League One, five points behind leaders Wycombe, with a game in hand.

Full Story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51034767

Swiss Pauli

Post by Swiss Pauli » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:35 am

Good to see Holland getting league experience.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:53 am

West Ham winger Nathan Holland joins Oxford United on loan

NATHAN Holland has become Oxford United's first signing of the January transfer window.

The rapid winger, who favours the left flank, joins from West Ham United on loan for the rest of the season.

Holland completed the formalities this morning, before training with his new teammates for the first time.

The 21-year-old has been firmly on United's radar since playing against them in the Carabao Cup in September - and the 4-0 upset made a big impression.

He said: "All the players who took part in that game were very impressed with the way Oxford played in that game and the confidence they showed to play out from the back.

"That had a brilliant effect on me and maybe that’s a big reason why I’m back.

"Not all League One teams have the best of styles and I had to choose one which suited me. Oxford definitely have that.

"The gaffer has been so positive and showed a lot of encouragement to bring me here.

"I know he likes young players and he’s given me a lot of confidence and praise.

"I have to repay that by putting in performances on the pitch."

Born in Manchester, Holland came through the youth set-up at Everton before moving to West Ham in 2017.

His senior debut followed that September against Bolton Wanderers in the Carabao Cup.

Having played for England at every age group between under 16 and under 19, his first two Premier League appearances came off the bench last month, against Wolves and Arsenal.

The rest of his experience has come for the Hammers' under 23 side, where he has scored 12 goals in 13 starts this season in Division 2 of Premier League 2.

Robinson has high hopes for the loan move, which gives United an extra dimension.

He said: "If I was moaning over something this season I’ve always said the team lacks pace.

"He certainly brings that.

"The competition to bring him here was very high – and not just in this league either.

"I think we all saw in the first half of the West Ham game he was excellent.

"When he was brought off we were relatively happy."
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1814 ... ited-loan/

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:54 am

Oxford United feared West Ham's change of manager would scupper Nathan Holland deal

OXFORD United boss Karl Robinson admitted he twice feared Nathan Holland’s loan move would fall through in the past ten days.

The 21-year-old has today completed a move from West Ham United until the end of the season.

United had done extensive work behind the scenes to set up the deal, which they hoped would be concluded as soon as the window opened last week.

That would have seen Holland join in time for the Emirates FA Cup tie against Hartlepool United, but the Hammers sacked Manuel Pellegrini on December 28.

It cast doubt over the move, but after taking over David Moyes agreed to the loan once he had taken a closer look at Holland – who he named on the bench against Gillingham on Sunday.

Robinson said: “It was always a worry and we were thinking ‘oh no, please don’t depart’.

“We were told it was done in relation to the old manager.

“Unfortunately it wasn’t to be, but we all worked hard and managed to get it over the line.”

He added: “As a club we have seen his last 12 games live.

“It’s one we’ve worked really hard on.

“I want to thank (academy staff) Paul Konchesky and Ricky Martin at West Ham.

“And (assistant manager) Alan Irvine and David Moyes for their continued support since they’ve been in the building. We’re really happy to have him.”

Holland added: “With the change of the gaffer it could have affected things, but I had a chat with him and he agreed it was a great opportunity.

“He was very impressed with the way Oxford played and we were able to get it over the line.”

After being an unused substitute at Priestfield – which means the 21-year-old is not cup-tied for the U's – Holland was kept on for Monday night’s Premier League 2 clash.

Robinson was in the stands to see his target set up one goal and score another in a 2-0 win over Manchester United.

But there was a panic late on, when Holland limped off.

The U’s boss said: “He was holding his hamstring.

“We were about to agree the papers after the game and I was thinking ‘oh please no’.”

Fortunately, it was not serious.

“It was just a bit of cramp,” Holland said.

“I hadn’t played a game for a bit because I’d been training with the first team.

“Maybe I could have carried on, but I just wanted to be safe rather than sorry.”
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1814 ... land-deal/

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:17 am

I've just seen that Oxford yesterday took ex-Hammer Marcus Browne on loan from Middlesbrough. Marcus played 44 games on loan for Oxford last season in Nathan Holland's position.

thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:00 pm

Had a quick gander on the Oxford and Lincoln forums,

Oxford fans very happy with Holland, they thought he should have started and expect him to next game. Though there were more excited about the goalscoring return of Marcus Browne.

Lincoln fans happy enough with Coventry, think he's a good partner for their midfield and expect him to get better, improved in the second half and didn't let giving away a penalty get him down.

A good start for them.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:58 am

Lincoln City unveil FOUR signings as Michael Appleton strengthens squad
Players have arrived from Arsenal, West Ham and Fulham
Lincoln City have completed FOUR signings as Michael Appleton reshapes his squad for the second half of the season.

The Imps have snared midfielder Tayo Edun on a permanent deal from Fulham while Max Melbourne’s loan from West Bromwich Albion has become a permanent deal.

Striker Tyreece John-Jules and midfielder Conor Coventry have arrived on loan from Arsenal and West Ham United respectively.
Conor Coventry

Position: Midfielder

Parent club: West Ham United

Contract length: On loan until the end of the season

Appleton’s verdict: “He’s got a fantastic range of passing and his energy is incredible. He doesn’t stop running and has got a bite in the tackle.

"He’s someone West Ham think very, very highly of and there were a lot of clubs chasing him.

"We’ve gone out of our way to bring the likes of Conor into the building. We’ve done everything we possibly can.

"I’m sure, once he settles down and gets to know the club and the players, he’ll excel. I’m expecting some big performances from him.”
https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... gs-3722234

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:02 am

Shrewsbury Town 1-1 Lincoln City match report - Imps secure deserved point thanks to Tyler Walker's penalty

The visitors had enough chances to win the game
Lincoln City couldn’t turn their second half dominance into three points as they were held to a 1-1 draw at Shrewsbury Town.
Two of City’s new signings went straight into the starting line-up.

Loan duo Conor Coventry and Tyreece John-Jules were handed immediate debuts while fellow new signing, Tayo Edun, was on the bench.
Michael Appleton deployed a 4-4-2 formation with Jake Hesketh on the right of midfield, Grant on the left and Coventry and Joe Morrell in the middle. John-Jules joined Walker up front.
Soon after the home side took the lead. After the Imps failed to clear amid a goal-mouth scramble, Ethan Ebanks-Landell was tripped in the box by Coventry and Norburn slammed home the penalty on 36 minutes.
Imps: Vickers; Eardley, Bolger, Shackell, Toffolo; Coventry, Morrell, Hesketh (Elbouzedi 44), Grant; Walker, John-Jules (Akinde 65).

Subs not used: Smith, Chapman, Lewis, Melbourne, Edun.

Goals: Walker 48 (pen).
https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... ln-3730179

Michael Appleton's verdict on Lincoln City's draw at Shrewsbury Town and his new signings
Coventry committed the foul for Shrewsbury’s first half penalty, but Appleton was pleased with the way the West Ham youngster responded to the setback.

“From an experience point of view, he’ll learn from that. That’s what young players have got to do,” said Appleton.

“The way he dealt with it afterwards, for a kid making his debut, was very good. He show a glimpse of the passing ability he’s got.
https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... ys-3730652

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:07 am

Brentford 3 QPR 1: Player ratings

Jordan Hugill 6 - Showed good determination off the bench and provided more of a physical threat up top.
https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-6461960

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:14 am

Oxford United 1 (Browne 71), Rotherham United 3 (Vassell 16 & 33, Wood 45+6)

A NIGHTMARE first half gave Oxford United too much to do despite a valiant f*** in their clash with promotion rivals Rotherham United.
New recruits Browne, Nathan Holland and Liam Kelly all had to make do with a place on the bench as Robinson largely kept faith with the side which had beaten Hartlepool in the FA Cup a week earlier.
The game had been played on Rotherham’s terms and Robinson, who had watched the game from the back of the South Stand due to a touchline ban, responded at the break.

Gorrin and Brannagan were withdrawn in favour of new loan signings Browne and Holland.

The pair quickly got into the game as United briefly pinned back Rotherham at the start of the second half.

It came to nothing, but the contest was much more even.
Oxford Utd (4-3-3): Eastwood, Long, Dickie, Moore, Ruffels, Gorrin (Browne HT), Brannagan (Holland HT), Baptiste, Sykes, Mackie (Taylor 60), Fosu.

Unused subs: Stevens, Mousinho, Kelly, Hall.

Booked: Gorrin, Long.

Oxford United player ratings v Rotherham United

Nathan Holland (Gorrin HT)

A real livewire on his debut 7.5
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1815 ... am-united/

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:18 am

Charlton 2 West Brom 2 - Report and pictures

Albion returned to the top of the Championship despite being held to a 2-2 draw by Charlton.
Albion (4-2-3-1): Johnstone, Furlong, Ajayi, Bartley, Townsend, Livermore, Sawyers, Phillips (Edwards 86), Pereira, Robson-Kanu (Austin 73), Zohore (Diangana 70).

Subs not used: Bond, Hegazi, Brunt, Krovinovic.
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -pictures/

Charlton 2 West Brom 2 – Player ratings
Grady Diangana (for Zohore 70)

A lively cameo which included a smart through-ball which put Townsend through on goal.
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... r-ratings/

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:46 pm

Ajibola Alese extends Accrington Stanley loan

West Ham United can confirm that Academy defender Ajibola Alese has extended his loan spell at EFL League One side Accrington Stanley until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old centre-back has made eight appearances for Stanley so far this term, helping John Coleman’s side to 15th in the League One table. The England U19 International was the recipient of the prestigious Dylan Tombides award last season for his excellent performances in a Hammers shirt across U18, U21 and U23 level. Alese is held in high regard at The Academy of Football and gaining further league experience will be extremely valuable for the towering defender. The youngster started all four of West Ham’s Premier League 2 fixtures in August before leaving for Lancashire on loan.

Full Story: https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... anley-loan

Ajibola Alese - Accrington Stanley League 1 2nd September - end of season
Appearances: 6(3) - includes FA Cup: 1 / EFL Trophy: 2
Goals: 0
Yellow Cards: 2

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:12 pm

Weekend Fixtures:

Nathan Trott

Nathan made his 25th start of the season as Wimbledon lost 2-1 at promotion-chasing Portsmouth.

MATCH REPORT:
"At this stage, Wimbledon had to ensure that no further damage was done. Seddon put over a good cross from the left that found Ellis Harrison, but his header was saved by Nathan Trott."

Next Match: Sat 18th January vs Peterborough (h)

Jordan Hugill

Jordan played 19 minutes as QPR lost 1-3 at third-placed Brentford.

LIVE TWEETS:

71' Second #QPR sub... Hugill on for Wells
75' Half chance for the R's... Hugill heads down Manning's deep cross and Osayi-Samuel fires the loose ball wide.

Next Match: Sat 18th January vs Leeds (h)

Josh Cullen

not in squad (injured)

Next Match: Sat 18th January vs Preston (a)

Grady Diangana

Grady returned from injury to play 20 minutes as West Brom returned to the top of the Championship with a 2-2 draw at out-of-form Charlton. He [along with two others] was booked for some last-minute handbags.

Next Match: Mon 20th January vs Stoke (h) - Live on SKY Sports

Aji Alese

Aji played 32 minutes as Accrington lost 1-4 at third-placed Ipswich, who won for the first time in 9 matches. He joined play with Accrington altready 3-0 down, and he received a booking for a late challenge.

LIVE TWEETS:

58 - Pritchard is replaced by Alese for Stanley.
72 - Alese receives a yellow card for a late challenge on Judge.

Next Match: Sat 18th January vs Southend (h)

Nathan Holland

Nathan made his debut for Oxford, coming on at half time [alongside former U23 team mate Marcus Browne] on the right wing as Oxford lost 1-3 at home to league-leaders Rotherham. He joined the action with Oxford already 0-3 down.

MATCH REPORT:
"On came Nathan Holland and Marcus Browne and that gave a fresh impetus as the crowd tried to lift their team and get them back into the game."
"There were further chances and the eye-catching Holland was only denied by a fine save from Iversen amid a cavalry charge of yellow shirts as the U's threw caution to the wind for the final 15 minutes."

LIVE TWEETS:
46' SUBS for United. Two changes for the U's at half time, with Cameron Brannagan and Alex Gorrin replaced by Marcus Browne for his second debut and Nathan Holland for his first debut.
46' Holland straight into the action getting into the area and slipping the ball through to Long but he's offside.
48' United win the half's first corner as Sykes plays in Holland who pings the ball off a defender.
52' Holland again causing problems on the right. This time he's brought down near the corner flag.
66' Holland plays in Sykes who gets in a great cross but it's just over Taylor.
79' Ruffels swings the ball wide to Holland who takes aim from the corner of the area and Iversen is at full stretch to put it round the post.
82' Taylor chests the ball down into Holland's path. He takes it on but can't get his shot on target.
90+4' Holland back heels to Sykes whose shot deflects for a corner.

Next Match: Tues 14th January vs Ipswich (h)

Conor Coventry

Conor made his league debut, playing the whole match as Lincoln drew 1-1 at Shrewsbury. He conceded a first-half penalty.

LIVE TWEETS:

24' Conor Coventry shows fantastic awareness to nip in front of Norburn who looks to receive the pass from Beckles.
35' The ball is hoisted into the air, it's holding up in the wind... Edwards looks to get a shot away.. Coventry blocks.. But then Edwards goes down... It's a penalty to the home side.
58' The free kick is floated down the left and Coventry is chasing it, but it's just too long and goes out for a Shrews Goal kick.
84' Elbouzedi... inside to Walker... Grant.. Toffolo's cross.. It's bobbling around.. Coventry now.. Back to Grant... Toffolo to cross. That's a good tackle and the home side clear.

Next Match: Tues 14th January vs Bolton (h)

OP UPDATED

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:18 pm

Ipswich Town 4-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues dominate their visitors to snap losing streak in impressive fashion
Ipswich Town served a reminder of what they're capable of as they swotted Accrington Stanley aside to end a long winless run.
Accrington Stanley: Bursik; Johnson, Sykes, Hughes, Opoku; Conneely, Pritchard, Carvalho (Zanzala 57), Pritchard (Alese, 58); Bishop, Charles

Subs: Savin, Sherif, Barclay, Rodgers, Diallo
https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ips ... -1-6461889

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:13 am

Lincoln City 5-1 Bolton Wanderers match report - Imps romp to win after late goals
John Akinde struck twice after coming off the bench
Match facts
Imps: Vickers; Eardley, Bolger, Shackell, Toffolo; Anderson (Lewis), Morrell, Coventry (Elbouzedi 77), Grant; Hesketh (Akinde 60); Walker.

Subs not used: Smith, Chapman, Melbourne, Edun.

Goals: Anderson 7, Walker 61, Matthews OG 85, Akinde 86, 90.
https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... on-3740112