Hammers on Loan 2019/20

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

thejackhammer

Re: Hammers on Loan 2019/20

Post by thejackhammer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 pm

Some quotes from Cullen in some news outlets suggest so.

Means we get a fee for him or a decent proven player when we're relegated.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:20 pm

Midweek Fixture:

Josh Cullen

Josh returned after an 8 week injury absence to play the whole match as Charlton held in form Fulham to a goalless draw at The Valley. He was booked for a foul late in the game.

MATCH REPORT:
"Charlton had just one shot on target, Josh Cullen's near-post effort kept out by Marek Rodak"

LIVE TWEETS:

32' Cullen chips the ball into the box, it looks like a training ground routine, but it comes to nothing.
46' Cullen's delivery is decent enough, but Fulham head clear.
60' Chance! Cullen plays in Doughty on the left, he fires low towards the near post, but Rodak gets down well to keep it out.
86' Cullen booked.

Next Match: Sat 1st February vs Barnsley (h)

OP UPDATED

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:13 am

Charlton's Josh Cullen confirms West Ham have triggered contract extension

Josh Cullen confirmed that West Ham have triggered the ‘option year’ in his contract, meaning he’s tied to the Hammers until the end of next season.

It was thought the 23-year-old would break into the West Ham side this season after his influential season long loan at The Addicks last year, but having been allowed back out on loan to Lee Bowyer’s side this campaign it was presumed the Irons were willing to let his contract run down.

However, with just six-months left on his contract the Irish international confirmed that his parent club had triggered the extra year, meaning they’d command a fee if he were to leave beforehand

“I have an option of a year that’s been triggered by the club,” he said.

Although the period to re-call the midfielder has expired this season, the West Ham Academy product still harbours ambitions of playing at the Olympic Stadium.

“I’ve always said with these loans is the long term plan, which is to improve as a player and go back and play at West Ham, and while I’m contracted at West Ham that’ll always be the aim.

“But what a great club to do it at, Charlton.

“It’s a great club and I’m loving it here.

“I’ve played a lot of games start of the season, got the injury which is unfortunate, but now I’m looking to kick on for the rest of the season and help this club out as well as improve myself.”

Cullen made a return from ankle ligament injury in the goalless draw with Fulham on Wednesday night, after over two months out.
Earlier in the season, then West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini hinted that Cullen’s contract would be extended, after stating that four of his players sent out on loan at the beginning of the campaign have a bright career ahead of them at the club.

“Nathan Holland, Conor Coventry, Grady Diangana and Josh Cullen are at different clubs, but I am absolutely sure all four of them will be the future of West Ham,” he said.

His departure in December however cast doubts over Cullen’s future but it seems new boss David Moyes has agreed with the club’s hierarchy of extending his deal.
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/181 ... extension/

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:15 am

Josh Cullen looks to return to peak form for Charlton's run-in
With Charlton not involved in the FA Cup this weekend, Lee Bowyer has given his players time-off.

But one player who will be turning up to the training complex in Sparrows Lane is midfielder Josh Cullen.

Eager to return to full fitness following two months on the sideline, the West Ham loanee revealed he won’t be putting his feet up despite playing a full 90 minute in his return to action in the goalless draw with Fulham on Wednesday night.

“I’ll be in,” the 23-year-old said.

“I’ve only trained four times the last week, twice before Preston and twice before Fulham, Monday and Tuesday this week.

“So I’ll be in Friday and Saturday training trying to get back up to fitness.

“I know I still have work to do to get back to where I want to be.”

Before suffering an ankle ligament injury in the 2-2 draw with Cardiff in November, Cullen was close to his peak, and although he came through a tough encounter against a quality Fulham side unscathed, he still feels there’s some way to go.

“You can train as much as you want, I’ve had 4 sessions and to go into a match which is hard to replicate against a good Fulham side who are good t keeping the ball, it’s tough.

“But I feel good, I feel ok, and I think I’ll benefit from the game and the 90 minutes, getting my match sharpness back, and getting back to the level I was at before the injury.”

Despite teetering above the relegation zone, Cullen feels the point was very much a point gained as opposed to two dropped.

“We have to respect Fulham, they’re a top side with good players so to get a point we are happy with that.

“We have to now make it a good point with the fixtures coming up, capitalise and get back to winning a few games as well.

“As a group we just have to push on.”
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/181 ... ns-run-in/

Charlton's Josh Cullen on Chelsea's Conor Gallagher re-call

Conor Gallagher’s Charlton departure was a blow but the Addicks are more than capable of coping without the Chelsea man according to Josh Cullen.

Cullen started every game alongside the 19-year-old before being ruled out through injury in November.

Despite admitting the Chelsea starlet had an abundance of talent, his re-call to his parent club before being sent on-loan to Swansea early last week is nothing the club or its fans should dwell on, according to Cullen.

“Conor is a great player, any team would miss him with the quality he’s got,” the 23-year-old said.

“But we’ve got players coming back in Jonny (Williams) and Lyle (Taylor).

“We’ve lost a good player and we wish him well at Swansea but we are not going to dwell on it, we’ve got a good squad here and we showed that against a good Fulham side.

“The manager and Steve (Gallen- Director of Football) can hopefully add to the squad, but we’ve got a good dressing room, we believe in each other, we’ve got the quality, and now we are getting somewhere near full strength so now we can push on and finish the season strong.”
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/181 ... r-re-call/

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:16 am

Bowyer's deal only a positive for Charlton says Josh Cullen

Josh Cullen believes Lee Bowyer’s signing of a new deal at Charlton will only benefit the club, both on the pitch and in the transfer market.

Bowyer’s three-year deal was confirmed by the club on Wednesday, bringing an end to the saga that has been ongoing for nearly two years.

New owners East Street Investments made tying down the manager a priority when their takeover was confirmed earlier this month, and they announced the signing prior to the clubs 0-0 draw with Fulham.

“I think it’s a very positive thing for the club,” Culled said.

“As players you want to be at a stable club, and obviously with the new owners rewarding Bows with what he deserves, I think now we can just focus on what f on what we do on the pitch and finish the season in strong fashion.

“Before I was at the club, he got them in play-offs, just missing out on promotion, in second season he got us out of League One and he’s doing a great job this year, the work he’s done he deserves to be rewarded.”

Cullen, who made his return to the field after two months on the sideline in the draw with Fulham, may say they can now focus on on-field matters, but he also admit that while the transfer window is open, players do keep an eye on what’s happening in the market.

“I think as a players you’ll be lying if you don’t watch it,” he added.

“We don’t look to see who we are bringing in, because we believe in the squad we’ve got, but if the manager wants to add quality to the squad, which it’ll have to be to improve us, then it’ll only make us stronger.

“We’ve had a tough run, with a lot of injuries, if you had those injuries into any side in the country they’d struggle.

“People say about Laporte and Sane missing for Manchester City, that’s two players, we’ve had 13, 14 players missing!

“When we had a fully fit squad at the start of the season we were competing against good sides.

“We beat Leeds, drew at Fulham.

“At the minute we are looking over our shoulder, but that’s good experience.

“Last season we were pushing for promotion, and now this season we’re making sure of our survival, it’s only going to benefit me as a player.

“But we are getting our squad back and we’re looking to finish the season strongly.”
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/181 ... sh-cullen/

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:05 am

QPR 1 Sheffield Wednesday 2 - Rangers exit FA Cup at fourth round stage
QPR's FA Cup run came to an end as they were beaten 2-1 by Sheffield Wednesday at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.
R's boss Mark Warburton made seven changes for the game which included returns for Jordan Hugill, Toni Leistner and Ryan Manning, while Jack Clarke came in for his first start.
Rangers had another superb chance on 71 minutes as Kane's through ball picked out Hugill but the striker missed the target with his strike after setting himself up with a good touch.
https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-6482652

QPR 1 Sheffield Wednesday 2: Player ratings
Jordan Hugill 5 - Largely ineffective and wasted a great opportunity to draw his side level in the second half.
https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-6482674

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:08 am

Newcastle United 0, Oxford United 0

OXFORD United will be in the Emirates FA Cup fifth round draw after producing a big performance to force a replay with Newcastle United.
The visitors were not playing for a replay, substitute Nathan Holland forcing a great save in the final minute of stoppage-time, but the sides will meet again at the Kassam Stadium at the start of February.
But the clearest chance in stoppage time fell to Holland, who cut in off the right and had a fierce left-footed shot parried by Darlow.

There was no late drama, but United had earned their chance to have another crack at the Magpies.
Oxford Utd (4-3-3): Eastwood, Long, Dickie, Moore, Ruffels, Gorrin (Hanson 90), Sykes, Baptiste, Browne, Mackie (Holland 76), Fosu (Agyei 87).

Unused subs: Stevens, Mousinho, Kelly, Thorne.

Booked: Baptiste, Gorrin, Sykes.
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1818 ... -united-0/

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:12 am

Oxford United player ratings v Newcastle United

Substitutes

Nathan Holland (Mackie 77)
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1818 ... le-united/

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:14 am

Ipswich Town 1-0 Lincoln City match report - Woolfenden heads only goal as Imps are beaten
Lincoln City slipped to their 11th away defeat of the season as they went down 1-0 at promotion-chasing Ipswich Town.
With Town beginning to get on top, Michael Appleton decided it was time for a change, sending on Hopper for John-Jules with 25 minutes left.

Soon after, Appleton made a double change, replacing Tayo Edun and Harry Anderson with Conor Coventry and Zack Elbouzedi.

But the Imps couldn’t unpick a solid Ipswich defence as they slipped to another narrow defeat on their travels.
Imps: Vickers; Eardley, Bolger, Shackell, Melbourne; Anderson (Elbouzedi 71), Edun (Coventry 71), Morrell, Grant; John-Jules (Hopper 65), Walkers.

Subs: Smith, Chapman, Lewis, Hesketh.
https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... ln-3777963

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:26 am

Weekend Fixtures:

Nathan Trott

Next Match: Tues 28th January vs Burton (h)

Jordan Hugill

Jordan played as QPR lost 1-2 at home to Sheffield Wednesday in the FA Cup 4th Round. It was his 25th appearance of the season.

LIVE TWEETS:

71' HUGE CHANCE! Toddy Kane with a sublime ball puts Jordan Hugill through, but he scuffs the shot wide.

Next Match: Tues 28th January vs Blackburn (a)

Josh Cullen

Grady Diangana

not in squad (ineligible)

Next Match: Tues 28th January vs Cardiff (a)

Aji Alese

unused sub

Next Match: Tues 28th January vs Peterborough (h)

Nathan Holland

Nathan played 13 minutes as Oxford drew 0-0 at Premier League Newcastle.

MATCH REPORT:
"League One side Oxford performed well and had the best chances to win the game in injury time, with Nathan Holland having a shot tipped over by Karl Darlow."

LIVE TWEETS:

77' SUB for United: Jamie Mackie makes way for Nathan Holland.
90+3' Another break for the U's this time through Holland whose shot stings the palms of Darlow and goes for a corner.

Next Match: Sat 1st February vs Blackpool (h)

Conor Coventry

Conor played 19 minutes as Lincoln lost 1-0 at league-leaders Ipswich.

LIVE TWEETS:

84' Coventry on halfway, Melbourne and Grant now.. Morrell switches to Eardley.. Nice play from CIty... Just poked away though as we looked to cross.
90' Coventry does well to hook the ball to Elbouzedi, his cross is low and hard into the box... Chambers hooks clear.

Next Match: Tues 28th January vs Portsmouth (h)

Roberto

unused sub

Next Match: Sat 8th February vs Eibar (h)

OP UPDATED

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:00 am

Lincoln City 0-2 Portsmouth match report - Imps beaten after error-strewn display

The home side didn't muster a single shot on target
Michael Appleton made two changes to the side which started the 1-0 defeat at Ipswich.

Recent signing Tom Hopper replaced top scorer Tyler Walker, who picked up a dead leg on Saturday, although he was fit enough for a place on the bench.

The other change saw Conor Coventry replace Tayo Edun in the centre of midfield as Appleton looked to freshen up his side.
The Imps had a sight of goal as the game entered the final 20 minutes. After Pompey failed to clear a free-kick, John-Jules laid it off to Coventry, but his effort from the edge of the box cleared the bar.
Imps: Vickers; Eardley, Bolger, Shackell, Melbourne; Anderson (Walker 60), Coventry (Hesketh 74), Morrell, Grant; John-Jules, Hopper.

Subs: Smith, Chapman, Lewis, Elbouzedi, Edun.
https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... th-3787870

spod

Post by spod » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:11 am

I just want to say how much I appreciate the work Leon, Sanchoz and others put into this thread. It's brilliant.
Also, that Josh Cullen sounds like he's got his head screwed on. Reminds me of a young Frank Lampard or Scott Canham.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:54 pm

Blackburn 2 QPR 1 - Hugill goal proves not to be enough for R's

Blackburn made it back-to-back wins to keep up the pressure on the play-off chasers by defeating QPR 2-1.

Adam Armstrong marked his 100th appearance for the club in style, curling in a superb 10th-minute opener, before Jordan Hugill's deft finish restored parity 12 minutes later.
Rovers were unsurprisingly named the side that beat Sheffield Wednesday 5-0. QPR were without top scorer Nahki Wells - Hugill replaced him.
Rangers regrouped and Hugill displayed the quality needed to replace 15-goal Wells in the 22nd minute as he combined brilliantly with Ilias Chair before delicately lifting the ball over Christian Walton for his 11th this season.
https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-6487659

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:50 pm

Dan Kemp: Stevenage sign West Ham midfielder on loan

League Two Stevenage have signed midfielder Dan Kemp on loan from West Ham United until the end of the season.

The 21-year-old netted two goals for the Premier League side's under-21 team against Cheltenham Town in the EFL Trophy last October.

And Kemp was also an unused substitute for the Hammers' FA Cup fourth round loss to West Bromwich Albion.

He is available to make his football League debut for Stevenage on Saturday, when Boro host Leyton Orient.

Full Story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51326303

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:25 am

Midweek Fixtures:

Nathan Trott

not in squad

Next Match: Sat 1st February vs Accrington (a)

Jordan Hugill

Jordan scored his 11th goal of the season as QPR lost 1-2 at Blackburn.

MATCH REPORT:
"Hugill's 11th goal of the season saw Rangers get back on level terms, when the striker lifted the ball over Christian Walton with a delightful dinked finish."

LIVE TWEETS:

22' HUGOOOOOOAAAALLLLL!!! THERE'S THE RESPONSE! Lovely interplay between Ilias Chair and Jordan Hugill, who nets with a deft finish over Walton. QPR back level!

Next Match: Sat 1st February vs Bristol City (h)

Josh Cullen

Grady Diangana

not in squad (injured)

Next Match: Sat 1st February vs Luton (h)

Aji Alese

unused sub

Next Match: Sat 1st February vs Wimbledon (h)

Nathan Holland

Next Match: Sat 1st February vs Blackpool (h)

Conor Coventry

Conor played 74 minutes as Lincoln lost 0-2 at home to promotion-chasing Portsmouth.

MATCH REPORT:
"Lincoln missed a good chance to equalise 20 minutes from time when John-Jules laid the ball off for Conor Coventry, who curled over the bar."

LIVE TWEETS:

12' Grant down the left, inside to Coventry.. Back to Shackell... He lifts it to Hopper back to Coventry who slides it down the channel towards John-Jules.. It's out for a throw.. To Pompey. The home fans disagreed with that call.
70' Bolger wins the aerial battle, he nods it down, Walker's shot is blocked it comes to Coventry who side foots one... But it's over the top.
74' On comes Hesketh for Coventry with just over 15 minutes of normal time remaining...

Next Match: Sat 1st February vs Southend (a)

Roberto

Dan Kemp

Next Match: Sat 1st February vs Leyton Orient (h)

OP UPDATED

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:47 pm

Winston Reid set to join Nashville SC on loan from West Ham

Longtime West Ham defender and New Zealand national team captain Winston Reid is set to join MLS expansion side Nashville SC on a loan of perhaps six months, according to a report from the New Zealand Herald.

The 31-year-old center back had been a long-time regular with the Hammers prior to a knee injury suffered in March of 2018, but hasn't seen the field for the first team since. While Sporting Kansas City had also been in the running for his services, Nashville will ultimately be his MLS landing spot, the Herald reports. A six-month loan there would potentially allow Reid to work his way back into consideration for the 2020-21 season at a club where he has more than 200 career appearances.

Reid has been a part of the All Whites' senior setup for a decade, playing all three matches in New Zealand's last appearance at the World Cup in 2010.

Full Story: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/02/ ... n-west-ham

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:22 pm

Midweek Fixtures:

Nathan Trott

unused sub (Wimbledon have brought in a new, experienced 'keeper :( )

Next Match: Sat 8th February vs Fleetwood (h)

Jordan Hugill

Jordan made his 20th start of the season, playing the full match as QPR lost 0-1 at home to Bristol City.

MATCH REPORT:
"Despite Rangers dominating possession, Mark Warburton's men could only register their first shot on target in the 83rd minute when Jordan Hugill was denied by Daniel Bentley."

LIVE TWEETS:

44' Nearly! Bright Osayi-Samuel feeds Jordan Hugill, who fires just over off balance.
61' Off the line! Jordan Hugill's header from Ebere Eze's corner is headed over.
82' So close! MarcPugh can't connect from close-range before Bentley keeps out Jordan Hugill's header.

Next Match: Sat 8th February vs Huddersfield (a)

Josh Cullen

Josh played as Charlton won for the first time since Boxing Day with a vital 2-1 win over struggling Barnsley.

MATCH REPORT:
"Taylor poked home the opener after Jason Pearce ****ed on Josh Cullen's free-kick"

LIVE TWEETS:

27' Great work from Cullen to win us another corner.
35' Lyle leaves the free kick for Cullen, who shoots low, under the wall, but Sahin-Radlinger collects.
57' Chance! Charlton break, Green crosses for Cullen who dives to get a head on it, but he can't get the desired contact.

Next Match: Sat 8th February vs Stoke (a)

Grady Diangana

not in squad (injured)

Next Match: Sun 9th February vs Millwall (a) - Live on SKY Sports

Aji Alese

Aji played the final 13 minutes as ten-man Accrington held on to beat Wimbledon 2-1.

Next Match: Tues 11th February vs Shrewsbury (a)

Nathan Holland

Nathan played 86 minutes as Oxford came from behind to beat Blackpool 2-1.

LIVE TWEETS:

5' Mousinho gets forward, plays a 1-2 with Holland but the final ball into the box is cleared away.
45+3' Holland gets into the area, steps past a challenge and fires in a low shot that Maxswell is at full stretch to palm aside for a corner.
57' Browne collects a long ball from Ruffels. He's forced a bit wide so plays it back into the middle where Holland collects, steps inside, but shoots wide.
63' Holland's cross, looking for Dickie is punched clear by Maxwell. From the throw the ball is worked back across to Holland but his shot is blocked.
69' United break thanks to Holland's neat f*** that sends Brannagan away.
70' Gorrin's free kick is played forward by Mousinho to Holland. His cross causes a bit of chaos in the Blackpool area before Sykes's shot is deflected behind for a corner.
86' SUB for United: Nathan Holland is replaced by Jamie Mackie.

Next Match: Tues 4th February vs Newcastle (h) - FA Cup 4th Round Replay - Live on BBC1

Conor Coventry

unused sub

Next Match: Fri 7th February vs Rotherham (h)

Roberto

Dan Kemp

Dan made his senior professional debut, coming on for the final 30 minutes as Stevenage were well-beaten, 0-3 at home by Leyton Orient.

LIVE TWEETS:

59' - First Stevenage sub... David Parkhouse OFF, Dan Kemp ON.
77' - Parrett, Carter and Kemp all combine down the right flank, but Vigouroux collects the resulting deflected cross.

Next Match: Sat 8th February vs Exeter (a)

OP UPDATED

thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:36 am

I thought Haksabanovic was due back but he started against Brondby on Friday.

Scouts from Arsenal, Man Utd and other European clubs apparently watching him so definitely one fornys to keep an eye on.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:04 am

thejackhammer wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:36 am
I thought Haksabanovic was due back but he started against Brondby on Friday.

Scouts from Arsenal, Man Utd and other European clubs apparently watching him so definitely one fornys to keep an eye on.
So he did. He also played in their 1st pre season friendly on 25th January.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:12 am

Stevenage 0-3 Leyton Orient: Lacklustre Boro beaten again as relegation spectre continues to loom large
Stevenage's survival hopes took another big blow on Saturday afternoon as they lost 3-0 to Leyton Orient at the Lamex after a lacklustre performance that leaves them four points adrift at the bottom of League Two.
Dan Kemp was also included among the substitutes after Boro secured the deadline day loan signing of the highly-rated West Ham United winger.
https://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/s ... -1-6494311

Stevenage 0-3 Leyton Orient player ratings
Substitutes

Dan Kemp - 4.5
https://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/s ... -1-6494315