Hammers on Loan 2019/20

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

LeonRivers

Re: Hammers on Loan 2019/20

Post by LeonRivers » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:02 am

thejackhammer wrote:This loan spell will be the making of him. Always felt last season he didn't quite have the confidence in the final third although he was good on the ball.
I suggested so last season and was shot down very quickly. :lol:

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:08 am

thejackhammer wrote:Does anyone know how Trott is getting on. Its difficult to judge goalkeepers on loan, might have to get on a Wimbledon forum.
There is only one Wimbledon forum, and it’s awful. Teletext level, but harder to browse. :lol:

steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:10 am

Wtf, just spotted this in one of the above posts...

THE THOUGHTS OF NIGEL QUASHIE:
"What a game that was this afternoon. Phillips, Diangana were excellent but this man Pereira is a wonderful footballer with and without the ball. The season is looking really positive with all the new signings"

Nigel Quashie has been found?!???!?!?? :shock: Where was he?

funky chicken

Post by funky chicken » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:45 am

I never quite got the occasional criticism Diangana received about not being strong enough. As I think making him balk up will effect his game. I think that's what makes him such a tough player to mark as he can ghost in and out and of course has pace on his side.

The only thing for me he needed to improve was his final ball and learning to get into the tight positions. But the positive thing is that's what seems he has improved the most in pre-season and especially since he joined West Brom.

Pellers must of really believed we had too many players in front of him at that stage as I thought in the last few pre-season games when he was on the pitch he looked very dangerous.

I am going to make a bold prediction and predict Diangana will be with us for the 2nd half of this season. As I am led to believe we are allowed to recall him in January.

The reason I think this is because of Antonio being out for a few months. And I think that'll be a big problem for Yarmolenko with the injury he has come back from. It is a dangerous game having to rely on Yarmolenko to play every week and I will be very surprised if he doesn't break down again before Christmas. Especially as I thought I read he'll be in the Ukraine squad over the International break too. It's more difficult to manage him now like we are with picking WiLehrer in certain games now he has no competition. Unless Pellers promoted Holland to the 1st team to be one of our wide players. But he wouldn't even give Holland the chance against lowly Newport when he took Johnson and Coventry with him.

So I reckon Diangana will have to come back as we'll be down to the bare bones again.

It's great news if Hugill keeps his goal scoring up as before the season kicked off we were struggling to sell him. But if he can't stop scoring clubs in the Championship will surely start throwing money at him! :thup:

IF Charlton keep their impressive season up we have got a big decision to make over Cullen. His contract is up Summer 2020. So we need to ask ourselves if he keeps his form up, are we not better off financially giving him a new contract instead so we can sell him for decent money than selling him for nothing? Need to think about this one.

thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:23 pm

I'd be remiss to recall Diangana if he's in form at West Brom.

Especially to sit on the bench. Why are we assuming Yarmolenko will break down? He had a freak long term injury.

He'll work on fitness and confidence on the international break. I fancy him for 8-10 goals if he stays fit.

Plus we have Fornals, Lanzini, Anderson, Antonio back in January.

Let Diangana finish his loan spell.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:16 am

Championship: Sheffield Wednesday 1 QPR 2
A second-half Jordan Hugill brace gave QPR all three points as they came from behind to beat Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.

The Owls had taken the lead through a Steven Fletcher spot-kick in the first half before two goals in four minutes from loanee Hugill wrapped up the points for the visitors.

Wednesday had an early chance to open the scoring when Morgan Fox hurried into the box before finding Fletcher at the far post but the striker couldn't direct his header past Joe Lumley.
The visitors grabbed the equaliser on the hour mark as a pinpoint pass from Wells found Hugill beyond the defence and the West Ham loanee coolly rounded Westwood and passed the ball into the net.

Hugill - named in the starting line-up after a scoring substitute appearance in the win over Wigan last week - stunned Hillsborough when he doubled his tally just four minutes later.

This time Manning evaded the offside trap before his low cross found Hugill unmarked inside the box to tap home.
QPR: Lumley, Rangel (Kane 88), Hall, Leistner, Barbet, Manning, Eze (Scowen 83), Ball, Chair, Hugill, Wells (Mlakar 67).

Unused subs: Pugh, Osayi-Samuel, Owens, Kelly.
https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/fo ... -1-6246243" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lowers Hammarby with delicious solos
Norrköping / STOCKHOLM. Virtually everything went at a furious pace between IFK Norrköping and Hammarby.

All but Filip Dagerstål's decisive 1-0 goal in the first half.

Sead Haksabanovic trailed 2-0 after a solo show on stoppage time.

- For us to catch up, this was important. Especially against a top team also like Hammarby. We're starting to get closer now, "says Haksabanovic.
Norrköping and Hammarby offered dazzling all-Swedish entertainment at Östgötaporten during Sunday afternoon.

The match tempo was screwed up a bit into the second half, and it was the home team that would receive a payout.

After a corner, the ball steams down in front of the feet of Filip Dagerstål. Dagerstål got in the way with a hauler for goals that threw in via the post behind a frozen Johan Wiland.

- We often aim for our Danes (Kasper Larsen and Rasmus Lauritsen) because they are very good at the head so I really only look for one area in the penalty area as usual and Kasper won his duel. Then the ball dips down on me and I get to a really bad hit but it went in anyway, says Dagerstål and continues:

- I tried to get to a close only and got a cash hit. But it went in anyway.

And Johan Wiland, who froze at the first goal explains the situation after the match.

- I don't see when he shoots. It puts me a little close. He probably doesn't hit it completely clean either. He also asks me. Had I been able to read his thoughts and his shots, I would have taken every shot. But then, football wouldn't have been so fun either. I get to look at it afterwards and see if I could have done something better. It went in post. It is hard to say.

In the second half it was further heated. Nikola Djurdjic and Imad Khalili of Hammarby ended up in hot exchanges with home players after a duel with IFK goalkeeper Isak Pettersson.

The same Djurdjic also had Hammarby's best receipt chance, but the post saved Pettersson that time.

Instead, Sead Haksabanovic set the final score up to 2-0 on stoppage time after a solo number. And that he has a flow right now, he says, is no accident.

- The first goal in the European Games gave me confidence and right now I've got quite a lot with me and you should be happy with that. But I think you get a lot with them if you work hard. I work hard every day, ”says Haksabanovic.

The club is now up to 40 points, seven behind Djurgården in the series lead.

- For us to catch up, this was important. Especially against a top team also like Hammarby. We are now approaching. We focus on ourselves and know how good we are. Right now we will be up there fighting.
https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/ ... ju--poang/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.expressen.se/tv/sport/fotbo ... -hammarby/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:25 am

West Brom 3 Blackburn 2 - Report and pictures

Slaven Bilic won his first home game as Albion boss thanks to an 18-minute blitz during an eventful first half that saw the Baggies score three goals.
Grady Diangana also scored an outrageous solo goal, finishing with a cute and audacious chip over goalkeeper Christian Walton after winning possession himself.
Bilic made three changes to his attacking forces, and his decision to give Matheus Pereira is first league start in place of Filip Krovinovic proved inspired.

The Brazilian was at the heart of everything good for the Baggies, and played the sort of incisive forward passes the team had been missing.

Charlie Austin and Grady Diangana were also picked ahead of Kenneth Zohore and Kyle Edwards.
But then five minutes before the break Diangana got in on the act and made it 3-1 with a solo goal of supreme quality.

After robbing Darragh Lenihan of posession in his own half, the winger left him for dead and burst into the box at speed.

Just when it looked like he should square it to Phillips, he chipped the ball over Walton with such nonchalant panache that it was almost cruel to the Blackburn keeper.
Bilic sent Krovinovic on for Diangana with 15 minutes left in order to give his side more control.
KEY MOMENTS
40 GOAL ALBION - Diangana scores a superb solo goal
TEAMS

Albion (4-2-3-1): Johnstone; Furlong, Ajayi, Bartley, Ferguson; Sawyers, Livermore (c); Phillips, Pereira (Edwards 89), Diangana (Krovinovic 76); Austin (Zohore 68).

Unused subs: Bond, O'Shea, Brunt, Robson-Kanu.
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -pictures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

West Brom 3 Blackburn 2 – Player ratings

Grady Diangana

Lesser men would have squared it. Not Grady. Despite hurtling towards goal at breakneck speed, he was in complete control, and when he lifted the ball over Christian Walton, it was with such panache and style, you couldn’t help but applaud. Three goals already. 8
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... r-ratings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:29 am

Sunday’s Fixtures:

Sead Haksabanovic

Sead played and scored again as Norrköping beat Hammarby 2-0. He scored a solo goal in the last minute, after picking up possession in his defensive third as Hammarby went all-out for a last minute equaliser.

Here’s the goal: https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/video/12 ... orrkoping/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next Match: Sun 15th September vs Malmo (a)

Martin Samuelsen

Martin played 45 minutes as Haugesund drew 2-2 with Lillestroem. He was withdrawn at half time with his team trailing 0-2.

Next Match: Sun 15th September vs Mjoendalen (h)

OP UPDATED[/quote]

thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:37 am

Haksabanovic seems to have hit some form too, I wonder if he'll get a chance with us.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:33 pm

Ajibola Alese on an initial loan to Accrington Stanley until January looks likely to happen today.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:17 pm

thejackhammer wrote:Haksabanovic seems to have hit some form too, I wonder if he'll get a chance with us.
I pondered this this morning. I need to check dates, but the Swedish season should be finished in time for him to play in the FA Cup 3rd round, potentially. I’d be interested in that (plus the best part of January training with the 1st team) and then loaning him to L1 or the Championship to maximise his playing time when his confidence is high.

steveyrockstar

Post by steveyrockstar » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:32 pm

Ajibola Alese confirmed to Accrington Stanley. Clearly hasn't been drinking enough milk.

He's very highly rated this boy, I believe?

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:39 pm

steveyrockstar wrote:Ajibola Alese confirmed to Accrington Stanley. Clearly hasn't been drinking enough milk.

He's very highly rated this boy, I believe?
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He is. Enough to have reported interest from WBA earlier this summer.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Ajibola Alese joins Accrington Stanley on loan until January

West Ham United can confirm that defender Ajibola Alese has joined EFL League One side Accrington Stanley on loan until 2 January 2020. The 18-year-old centre-back has been an ever-present force for West Ham U23s so far this season, starting every game under lead coach Dmitri Halajko, and will now further his development in the Football League at Accrington. Alese believes that the switch to the Crown Ground - and a different level of competition - presents a challenge that will ultimately benefit his progression as a player.

He said: “I’m very excited – I’ve heard a lot about Accrington Stanley and done a bit of research about the club, so I can’t wait to get started. “So far in my career, I’ve only played Under-23s football. I know League One’s going to be tough, but if I can go in there and do well, I think it’ll be a good step in my career and it’ll help me a lot.” A prodigious talent blessed with pace and a natural reading of the game, Alese made his U18 Premier League debut for West Ham while still a schoolboy, featuring against Norwich City in February 2017. He would go on to make a further seven appearances for the U18s that season despite being just 16 years old, and was duly rewarded with an Academy of Football scholarship that summer, subsequently signing his first professional contract with the Club last July.

Alese’s talents have also been recognised on the international stage, captaining England’s U16 side before playing a key role as his nation reached the last four of the 2018 UEFA European U17 Championship finals on home soil. His new side Accrington have enjoyed a mixed start to their 2019/20 League One campaign, conceding six times in three winless games before finally overcoming MK Dons 2-1 on Saturday. Alese is hoping he’ll be able to help in that department, adding: “Hopefully if I can get some playing time, I can help shore up the defence - and hopefully we can get some wins.”

Full Story: https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... Kev3SAb.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next Match: Sat 7th September vs Bristol Rovers (a)
Last edited by LeonRivers on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:21 pm

Neither Alese (Accrington) nor Trott (Wimbledon) have been named in the squads for the EFL Trophy fixtures tonight. I will update their previous posts to show their next fixtures.

Jarvo

Post by Jarvo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:47 pm

How did our loan stars get on this weekend?

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub

Post by Het-Field » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Cullen starts for Ireland tonight.

First cap.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:38 pm

Jarvo wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:47 pm
How did our loan stars get on this weekend?
Trott and Alesi are away on international duty. Afolayan didn’t make the squad again.

Jarvo

Post by Jarvo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 am

LeonRivers wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:38 pm
Trott and Alesi are away on international duty. Afolayan didn’t make the squad again.
:thup:

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:14 am

Charlton Athletic international round-up: Josh Cullen earns senior Ireland cap

Republic of Ireland: Josh Cullen (1 cap)

Josh Cullen was voted man of the match in his full senior debut for the Republic of Ireland as they beat Bulgaria 3-1 on Tuesday.

The midfielder, on loan from West Ham United, started the game after he was an unused substitute in their 1-1 draw with Switzerland in Euro 2020 qualifying.

It’s his first cap for the Ireland national team, having been capped at youth level for both England and the Bhoys in Green earlier in his career.
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/178 ... eland-cap/