Welcome, Sebastien Haller

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

S-H

Re: Welcome, Sebastien Haller

Post by S-H » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:19 pm

It's the way he is, dont bother reading anything into it.

Typical Frenchman.

:)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:25 pm

S-H wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:19 pm
It's the way he is, dont bother reading anything into it.

Typical Frenchman.

:)
Thats what worries me!

goa127

Post by goa127 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:57 pm

I love the 'no big deal' celebration. As others said he rushes to join other scorers so I just think it's him trying to be cool

stu1

Post by stu1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:00 pm

S-H wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:10 am
I don't know, I quite like it, he has an air of arrogance about him, which if he wasn't a hammer, I would detest.. :lol:
If he can channel that arrogance it will make him a better player, like in a poor mans Ibrahimovic way.

If we supply him with decent service he’ll score. Before his goal the female commentator on BT was saying Haller’s getting frustrated as we aren’t getting the ball in the box quick enough, apparently he’d made 4-5 runs and every time the cross was either poor or wasn’t attempted. Then 5 minutes later Fredericks whips one in and he scores a goal of the month contender. He needs more of that type of service.

Haller certainly needs to do more but we need to play to his strengths. I’d go as far as saying if we get the best out of Haller we will easily avoid relegation possibly even finish top half.

Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"

Post by Tristan Shout » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:28 pm

If it's not a bicycle kick he's not interested

OFT

Post by OFT » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Mmmmnnnn. summat's amiss with this fellah. He looks completely uninterested.

il_martello_di_genovesi

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:56 pm

A total pr**k.

smuts

Post by smuts » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:02 pm

He's like a Cyberman with a goatee. Just plods about with a blank expression.

HammerAl

Post by HammerAl » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:26 pm

OFT wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 pm
Mmmmnnnn. summat's amiss with this fellah. He looks completely uninterested.
Don’t think he ever wanted to sign for us in the first place.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 pm

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:56 pm
A total pr**k.
We may not agree about Pelligrini, but I agree with you on this!

il_martello_di_genovesi

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:46 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 pm
We may not agree about Pelligrini, but I agree with you on this!
I don’t necessarily disagree with the overall point you are making, but I can’t have any confidence in Pellegrini either. After all, this is the manager who agreed to bring this clown in aswell. Pellegrini...the wrong horse. Moyes? The wrong horse. We have owners who are choosing red or black and completely discounting the fact 0 and 00 are possible. They are idiots and they appoint idiot managers.

Of course with that you sign even bigger idiots like this guy. A £45m signing receiving a large slice of pie every week and treats the club like he’s much better than it. A lazy, effortless pr**k, who just isn’t up for any sort of battle.

Coops

Post by Coops » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:49 pm

He doesn't want to be here.
To be honest I don't blame him, I don't want to be here either. Mind you nobody is paying me a gazillion squid a week.

Derby Hammer

Post by Derby Hammer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:02 am

The bloke must be tearing his hair out. We’ve failed to get the ball anywhere near him from wide positions nearly all season.

Tonight we had two decent opportunities, 1 Zaba went steaming on to the ball without thinking what to do, he nearly ran it out for a goal kick. The other Arthur could’ve hit it first time in to the box, but he took another touch and missed his chance.

The rest of the game, when we had the chance of a quick break, we seemed to realise that each player is acres away from each other so pass the ball backwards.

Yes it’s frustrating when he seems to lollop around the pitch, but I think he realised about three months ago we’re pretty much hopeless.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:10 am

Derby Hammer wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:02 am
The bloke must be tearing his hair out. We’ve failed to get the ball anywhere near him from wide positions nearly all season.

Tonight we had two decent opportunities, 1 Zaba went steaming on to the ball without thinking what to do, he nearly ran it out for a goal kick. The other Arthur could’ve hit it first time in to the box, but he took another touch and missed his chance.

The rest of the game, when we had the chance of a quick break, we seemed to realise that each player is acres away from each other so pass the ball backwards.

Yes it’s frustrating when he seems to lollop around the pitch, but I think he realised about three months ago we’re pretty much hopeless.
For the Arthur one, Haller was simply standing there surrounded by defenders. He didn't make a run to try and get free, he didn't pull back to the edge of the box or head for the back post. He just stood there.
Strikers have to move about. If they don't, it is very hard to get the ball to them.
Unfortunately he is similar to Carroll in that he has little instinct of how to make runs and position himself to get free of defenders. At least with Carroll he had the advantage that if you did get the cross just right he would probably beat the defender
Look at someone like Chris Wood. He is a target man of sorts but is always on the move and often finds space for himself in the box by clever movement. Same with Deeney

MrHammer73

Post by MrHammer73 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:12 am

Problem is he is playing like Arnie when he sulked and wanted off, looks like Haller wants the same.

Bloody Arnie, we have never recovered when he saw the Chinese money last January and wanted out.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:05 am

It's difficult to blame him. We are doing absolutely nothing to help him. He is being asked to do the work of a classless big guy up top from the 80s. He's probably clinically depressed playing in this side. The poor c*** has moved away from his friends and family and been dumped 50 yards away from the few people he does know. I just don't understand why we signed him and sold the only players we had that would fit in the system we need to play to make the most of his attributes. :?

Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:06 am

problem is he'll look at how we're setting up, our owners, our stadium, our manager and our prospects going forward and knows that there's a 100% sure fire way he's getting out of it come the summer.

thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:27 am

LeonRivers wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:05 am
It's difficult to blame him. We are doing absolutely nothing to help him. He is being asked to do the work of a classless big guy up top from the 80s. He's probably clinically depressed playing in this side. The poor c*** has moved away from his friends and family and been dumped 50 yards away from the few people he does know. I just don't understand why we signed him and sold the only players we had that would fit in the system we need to play to make the most of his attributes. :?
I can think of three people and their bank balances that know why we sold him.

S-H

Post by S-H » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:31 am

Poor bloke, I bet he had one eye on making the French squad, for the Euro's when he signed..

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:36 am

S-H wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:31 am
Poor bloke, I bet he had one eye on making the French squad, for the Euro's when he signed..
Even at his best, which I doubt we will ever see, he wouldn't get in that squad.