Albian Ajeti...Welcome to The Hammers.

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Monkeybubbles

Re: Albian Ajeti...Welcome to The Hammers.

Post by Monkeybubbles » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 am

Poor fella must be so frustrated.

Looking at his goals reel on YouTube (yeah, I know), every single one of them comes from him getting onto a cross or through ball central in the penalty area. He's a finisher in the Chica mould.

So far, he's mostly been restricted to cameos at the end of games when our creative players are too knackered and/or too desperate to be able to play him in.

I made a point of watching him closely after he came on (well, as closely as is possible from way behind the goal) and he put himself about well enough, but was just chasing hopeful punts in the channel or making runs into space that went ignored.

Monkeybubbles

Post by Monkeybubbles » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:41 am

Aceface wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:33 am
There's an obvious exit route for him at the end of the season given Bilic was next in line for his services last summer.
West Bromwich, Albian?

keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:47 am

Monkeybubbles wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 am

I made a point of watching him closely after he came on (well, as closely as is possible from way behind the goal) and he put himself about well enough, but was just chasing hopeful punts in the channel or making runs into space that went ignored.
Lol you must have good eyesight, mind you it is 2020 the year of perfect vision for everyone....... well everyone except me, took off my glasses whilst driving, let’s say it didn’t end well

Crossd_Hammrs

Post by Crossd_Hammrs » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:20 pm

sxreject1 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:06 am
They checked it on VAR cant see how they can go against that
It would just be the opposite way around of the Son red card being overturned retrospectively.

I thought he was lucky not to be sent off, though Holgate was provoking him by going so needlessly tight behind him and having a niggle at him with his knee (conveniently overlooked on MOTD).
Ajeti had also been bundled overafter beating his man with no attempt to play the ball a few moments earlier and the ref was looking straight at the incident and did nothing.

MOTD stitched Ajeti up by singing Holgate's praises for three minutes before showing the inicident. They even dismissed the latter's over-reaction/simulation in their absolute condemnation of Ajeti.
There was some irony that Alan Elbows Shearer and Ian Two-footed-studs-up-lunge Wright were the oh-so-outraged judges.

I liked that he came on full of energy and fight. Haller could do with some of that passion.
I think Ajeti deserves far more opportunity to show what he can do.

On the other hand, if he gets a ban then would we notice the difference?

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:27 pm

e17 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:24 am
To be fair to Moyes the lad wasn’t getting much time for Pel either.

He was clearly bought as a future first teamer and has been massively thrown ahead because of zero other strikers
I don't particularly rate him but what I am saying is if you have someone like Lanzini stinking the place out change it earlier and at least give the sub a chance. He could not have done any worse

Heysel76

Post by Heysel76 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:02 pm

peter49uk wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:10 am
They said on motd it can be looked at again by the FA
If the FA overule VAR, then surely there is no point in having it? :scarfer:

Heysel76

Post by Heysel76 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:43 pm

According to C&H (i know! :oops: )
No further action will be taken