Bury FC: Dawson vs Dale (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Bury FC: Dawson vs Dale (non WHU)

Post by Up the Junction » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:19 pm

This is fairly extraordinary. The Chairman of troubled Bury FC has a row on Talksport with one of his midfielders regarding unpaid wages.

Well worth ten minutes of your time.

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/11 ... 8604237824

S-H

Re: Bury FC: Dawson vs Dale (non WHU)

Post by S-H » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:22 pm

I heard that live.. It was intense, to say the least.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:22 pm

The sooner Dale sells up and leave Bury FC alone, the better for their survival.

S-H

Post by S-H » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Jim White was in his element, he was stoking the fire at every opportunity.

Hammersfaniow

Post by Hammersfaniow » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:53 pm

S-H wrote:Jim White was in his element, he was stoking the fire at every opportunity.
Absolutely detest that pr1ck. Constantly deliberately misquoting people, hamming things up when they’re really not worthy of it, typical journo/reporter really. Heard him a few months back saying what Danny Murphy (who I think is a pretty good pundit) has said, only for Murphy to butt in and tell him ‘actually didn’t say that Jim, don’t say what you didn’t hear’, also Bob Mills has done the same.

James P

Post by James P » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:02 pm

What an absolute snake that Jim White is.

JW: "Will you speak to your player"

Chairman: "I don't want to get involved in a slanging match"

JW: "I won't let that happen"

*Slanging match ensues for ten minutes*

JW: "Well Mr Chairman. You said you didn't want a slanging match but it was kind of inevitable."

:thdn:

wildkard

Post by wildkard » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:20 pm

Heard this live, absolutely amazing. What started it off was some bloke (forget his name) calling in who had been attempting to buy the club. Seemed like he was the only one of the three being entirely truthful. Dale was just bullshitting non stop or didn’t know what he was talking about, Dawson seemingly has been paid, albeit at a lower rate and by the EFL, and maybe a full month recently by the club (depending on who you believe).

As Keown said, I really don’t understand what Dale is trying to achieve here. If he can’t sell the club for the big drink he’s after it’ll be wound up and he’ll get nothing. I guess it’s who blinks first - him, or any potential buyer. Actually, can’t recall if he dismissed Keown’s suggestion that he’d profit by selling the land, so maybe that’s it?

Denbighammer

Post by Denbighammer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:05 pm

I can see a lucrative property deal being possible. Gigg Lane is in a really nice spot...

In fairness to the chairman, he said the club's debts have been slashed from £10m when he took over to £3m now...

btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t

Post by btajim - mcfc » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:50 pm

He's a scumbag with numerous failed businesses to his name. Like the pieces of **** that brought Hereford United down, Dale is fronting this deal for property developers.

Bury are yet to play a match this season. He does not have good intentions and, regardless of the debts that may have been paid, he has far more to pay off!

I feel so sorry for Bury FC fans and staff. They don't deserve this. Nice club in a nice part of town.

Tenbury

Post by Tenbury » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Denbighammer wrote:I can see a lucrative property deal being possible. Gigg Lane is in a really nice spot...
Love a bit of irony every now and then...

Samba

Post by Samba » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:28 pm

btajim - mcfc wrote:He's a scumbag with numerous failed businesses to his name. Like the pieces of **** that brought Hereford United down, Dale is fronting this deal for property developers.
Sounds familiar...

e17

Post by e17 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:34 am

Jim White is odious, isn’t he?

Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"

Post by Tristan Shout » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:58 am

Talk sport is the radio equivalent of the news of the world, just a gossip rag, full of rubbish,
It was good when it first started, I used to work nights as a lorry driver and it kept me awake and amused, made the night go a bit quicker,
Now I work days and always tuned in when a team like arsenal lost, pure comedy listening to their fans whinge and moan like they are entitled to win every game 4-0,
But now it's just constant drivel, could be I'm just getting older and more cynical but I can't bear it for more that 5 minutes now before it annoys me so much I could punch the radio

Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:04 am

Denbighammer wrote:In fairness to the chairman, he said the club's debts have been slashed from £10m when he took over to £3m now...
In fairness to the creditors, what they are owed has been slashed by 75% due to the company going through a CVA thereby reducing the amount of debt. He did not say that he had paid off the debts.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:26 am

Denbighammer wrote:In fairness to the chairman, he said the club's debts have been slashed from £10m when he took over to £3m now...
Wembley1966 wrote: In fairness to the creditors, what they are owed has been slashed by 75% due to the company going through a CVA thereby reducing the amount of debt. He did not say that he had paid off the debts.
Plus when he was tying to say he would show proof of funding going forward to Simon Jordan (only if Jim White arranged it), how about showing that "proof" to the EFL so Bury FC can actually play a game this season?

btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t

Post by btajim - mcfc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:41 pm

I'm assuming when Bury inevitably get expelled from the league that Dale loses ownership of the club. He's clearly given up.

Bury are about the one other club in the north west that I have no beef with. They really don't deserve this. I worked with a couple of their fans over the years and have had the odd night out there. Very, very sad.

Samba

Post by Samba » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:44 am

btajim - mcfc wrote:I'm assuming when Bury inevitably get expelled from the league that Dale loses ownership of the club. He's clearly given up.
Bury are about the one other club in the north west that I have no beef with. They really don't deserve this. I worked with a couple of their fans over the years and have had the odd night out there. Very, very sad.
It's looking very grim for them, Jim. Not that great for Bolton, either.

Thekorean

Post by Thekorean » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:28 am

Samba wrote: It's looking very grim for them, Jim. Not that great for Bolton, either.
What is the constant with Bury, Bolton and Macclesfield, who are also in financial doo doo?

EFL. What a grotesque organization.

vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:07 pm

sanchoz wrote:Plus when he was tying to say he would show proof of funding going forward to Simon Jordan (only if Jim White arranged it), how about showing that "proof" to the EFL so Bury FC can actually play a game this season?
Thought there was the 'due diligence' procedure to ensure the owners were in a fit state financially? This 'buying the club for a nominal quid' malarkey must surely look dodgy from the start.
Didn't Orient have that happen once (Chelsea even, maybe not) ?

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:13 pm

vietnammer wrote: (Chelsea even, maybe not) ?
True. Ken Bates bought it for... wait for it...

£1

There's a few more here, too.