Season Ticket waiting list.

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Fenchurch

Re: Season Ticket waiting list.

Post by Fenchurch » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:55 am

I paid my £10 in December 2015 hoping to get a seat for the 16/17 season but was told after phone calls that all was sold out. 17/18 comes around & I'm offered seats by text for a long time but couldn't take them up on it as I couldn't afford the price at the time, same for 18/19. Is it fair that as soon as I called in July this year I had the pick of the seats for 19/20? I expected to have lost my place in the queue but happily now in block 225 after a lifetime supporting the irons.

Tross
The bard of East London

Post by Tross » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:09 am

Pinky,

Thanks for the reply - I think you've most eloquently articulated exactly why a supporters group like Hammers United has sprung up over the past six months, becoming a necessary entity to challenge what has become an unacceptable status quo. I'd delve into the depths with an Orwellian type speech, but am rather time constrained this morning.

We do however find ourselves in a most frustrating period, where many of the values that our fans have held dear and the traditions they have used to identify themselves are being casually eroded for little more than corporate gain.

It's essential that they have a collective voice that represents them, free from the confines of the clubs directives.

I note your points with interest, and look forward keeping you and the broader KUMB community abreast of developments.

I'm off to Stratford now from sunniest Essex for the H.U, EGM at the King Eddie on the Broadway, where the trains aren't running and one of the three major A roads is closed.

World Class travel links my eye!

Tross
8-)

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:57 am

The “waiting list” has to be one of the most staggering cases of pulling wool over the collective eyes ever.
“The Only way to secure a season ticket” seems to actually be the least efficient way. Just find a mate who has one and he can get two more.
Also what does happen to all the tenners paid by the faithful who are then removed from the list for turning down half season band one tickets? And why do I still get emails asking me to join the list when I’m already a ST holder?
This could be a job for Mulder & Scully..
COYI
MV ⚒⚒

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:47 am

the pink palermo wrote:they continue to fight battles over the silliest things, issues that can be easily fixed, in the bizarre belief there is a point in the future they can declare a victory.
They do seem to have quite a bit of form for this sort of approach... I wonder who sets the tone?

CapBuckyOHare

Post by CapBuckyOHare » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:50 pm

Why is this an issue?

Been a ST holder since 05/06 and never been offered additional seat, The two of us that had ST at Upton Park bought three more new ST holders along with us to the LS. But after that, we've not been offered anymore, which if i was offered, i might take it up, as we have two on the end of our row next to us, i'd be happy to take for nieces and nephews.

If your issue is with the paying to get on the list, you get that month off the season ticket.

This just seems like another thing to have a go at the club for, for the the sake of having a go at the club.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Cap.You may not have been offered additional tickets but it is well documented that many have.The issue is quite simply that it is not fair that these bypass people on the list.Surely you can see that mate.You suggest that this is just another thing to have a go at the club for,for the sake of it.-Perhaps you are defending the club for the sake of it.The S.T. waiting list is not fair and not fit for purpose,end of.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:37 pm

CapBuckyOHare wrote:Why is this an issue?

Been a ST holder since 05/06 and never been offered additional seat, The two of us that had ST at Upton Park bought three more new ST holders along with us to the LS. But after that, we've not been offered anymore, which if i was offered, i might take it up, as we have two on the end of our row next to us, i'd be happy to take for nieces and nephews.

If your issue is with the paying to get on the list, you get that month off the season ticket.

This just seems like another thing to have a go at the club for, for the the sake of having a go at the club.
It might seem that way to someone who appears to lack understanding of the issue.

All season ticket holders at the LS who have opted in to receive the clubs ticketing emails received a mailshot email at renewal time during the summer offering the chance to buy further season tickets.

That's a fact so either you are opted out of those communications or didn't read the renewal email properly.

The issue is the club are claiming in claret and white that joining the waiting list and paying a tenner is "THE ONLY WAY TO SECURE A SEASON TICKET"

Now surely you can understand that making misleading claims is wrong? That it is wrong to tell people one thing and take money on the basis of those claims and to do something else, such as other STs being able to buy spares or in the case of one poster on here, have the boyfriend of their daughter just turn up at the ticket office and buy one having not been on any waiting list or being a "+1" of an existing ST holder? We have had examples of a Peterborough Utd fan attending one game being contacted by West Ham and being offered a season ticket and apparently on a waiting list he knew nothing of. We've had numerous others posters on here state they had been contacted by the club offering a ST after apparently being on the waiting list, which was news to them.

Why are you claiming criticisms of the way the ST waiting list is being advertised and administered is having a go at the club for the sake of having a go?

CapBuckyOHare

Post by CapBuckyOHare » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:54 pm

From my own experience it isn't the case. I've tried to buy the two seats next to my seats and been told i need to join the list and then wait and see.

I do receive the ST emails and read them and I've never had any offers

And im sorry i dont believe that someone just turned up at the ticket office and bought a ST.

as far as i can see this thread has been set up by someone that has given up their ST. (apologies if this is incorrect and i will edit if necessary)

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:02 pm

Believe what you like. We're not all liars though.

This was part of a mailshot email sent to all ST holders on 26th April at 17:37

CapBuckyOHare

Post by CapBuckyOHare » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Fair enough i concede, i do wish i'd received this email for reasons previously stated.

I do however believe that the extra seats available would be single seats in the middle of groups of ST holders, which is easier to sell to the current ST group then going to the list, as many on the list aren't single people wanting a ST.

I feel this will turn in to a slagging match if i continue so i will end my involvement in this thread now

COYI

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:12 pm

[quote="CapBuckyOHare"}

as far as i can see this thread has been set up by someone that has given up their ST. (apologies if this is incorrect and i will edit if necessary)[/quote]

The letter was signed off

Yours Sincerely,
Lee Rogers
Joint Secretary, Hammers United.

I think it poor form of you to try and discredit an individual when they are clearly not posting in an individual capacity but rather on behalf of Hammers Utd.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:23 pm

CapBuckyOHare wrote:Fair enough i concede, i do wish i'd received this email for reasons previously stated.

I do however believe that the extra seats available would be single seats in the middle of groups of ST holders, which is easier to sell to the current ST group then going to the list, as many on the list aren't single people wanting a ST.

I feel this will turn in to a slagging match if i continue so i will end my involvement in this thread now

COYI
I'm not engaging in a slanging match but look, you were the one who claimed it was just people having a go at the club for the sake of it.

It does not matter if there is one person on the list wanting one ST or a thousand people on the waiting list each wanting one ST. They have been told that the only way to secure a ST is to join the waiting list so why are those single seats not being offered to them and instead to other people who aren't on the waiting list. That's all people are asking the club. I hope you manage to get STs for your neices and nephews next season. Young fans are the future lifeblood of the club

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:29 pm

CapBuckyOHare wrote:And im sorry i dont believe that someone just turned up at the ticket office and bought a ST.
Do you believe the club when they tell you there are 50,000 eagerly waiting in line to purchase a season ticket, when they tell you there are record renewals, season tickets have sold out again and that today’s attendance was 59,987?

Sounds like having a season ticket is a must and if you get one you’d better keep hold of it or be plunged into the abyss.

Oh, and the ONLY way to the holy grail: pay £10 (or now £12?).

I’d say there’s a whole host of questionable claims there, designed to pressure people into spending money, that I’d suggest investigating before questioning individual claims from fans with noting to gain.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Dear Lee,

Thank you for your email and for your patience while I was away on annual leave.

I am reviewing your enquiry and will come back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Jake

Jake Heath
Supporter Services Manager
West Ham United Football Club
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
whufc.com

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:36 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 pm
The clubs relationship with supporters is dreadful, they continue to fight battles over the silliest things, issues that can be easily fixed, in the bizarre belief there is a point in the future they can declare a victory.
Unnecessarily belligerent. And we all know from where it emanates.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:38 pm

I have a question.Can we ascertain who has been on the list the longest without being offered a season ticket.-Thanks.

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Northbank Bar wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:38 pm
I have a question.Can we ascertain who has been on the list the longest without being offered a season ticket.-Thanks.
NBB
I will answer this is two parts..
Is it possible to know who is where on any list.. for a business the size of West Ham, or indeed any business, yes. Not only possible but I would suggest fairly straight forward. You join a list, you are given a number. You move up the list.. simples..
However..
Can we ascertain any info from this list? In the case of WH it seems not. This could be for any number of reasons. One big stumbling block could be that at the close of the last season at UP every current member not already on the list was automatically added by the club. So if you add many thousands of people at the same time how do you decide who goes first? Should Mr Vaderman wait till almost last because of his given surname? And what of the Smiths? Should Adam take preference over Xavier?
Added to this issue is the suspicion that the numbers are inflated.. and then there’s the possibility that the club just don’t care.
Take your pick NBB
Of course these are just my opinions, as always.
Could I be right? Or are these just the latest ramblings of someone who’s bored at lunchtime..
MV ⚒⚒

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:06 pm

You may be right Marlow but the point is this.I am sick of people saying friends of theirs on the list for a shorter time than them have been offered seats when they have not.It is hearsay.I want to see facts.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:31 am

bottom line is they will do anything to sell tickets whether you are on the list or not. I am on it but only paid a £1 to join a few years back when getting my membership. with the cost of travel and a decent seat at the bowl I can no longer afford a ST . I haven't been offered one but would stick with my membership.

GSB don't care about the fans if they did they would do a few things that other clubs do:
mascots for matchday being free not £750
occasional free travel to away games
occasional freebie for fans such as a T shirt etc.
cheaper seats not the affordable family football crap they spout. £60 tickets for cat A games is a joke.
occasional free beer/drinks token for fans

other clubs do some of the above why not us ???????????????

Denzil

Post by Denzil » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 am

I joined the list in March 2018 and got one this summer, if that helps?