Aston Villa 0-0 West Ham Utd (16/09/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Re: ⚽ Aston Villa v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Macca1973 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:10 pm Looking forward to the Sky Monday night football team talking about the ‘crisis’ at Man City for 59 minutes and then a minute of match build up :asleep:
I make you pretty much spot on Macca, although I think you may be exaggerating a bit; maybe 58 minutes 30 seconds!
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1300 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

First, perhaps only if last season was anything to go by, game of the season for me. Looking forward to it and seeing Haller in action first hand for the first time. I’ve never tired or lose that excitement of seeing new players for the first time.

Depends on our attitude of course but we have more than them. I’m hoping for a win. Coyi!
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Tackler wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:40 pm This is one of our most important games of the season for me, I despise Aston Villa and would like them to go straight down which is especially important because they got very rich owners who mean business like we saw in the summer transfer window.

3 points please West Ham !!!
:thup:
rciron

Post by rciron »

Puff Daddy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:08 pm I read Charlie Nicholas's 'expert' pre match analysis of this match a little earlier and noted his summary that Jack Wilshere will come back in. Err.... no he won't Charlie and he thinks we'll lose 2-1 by the way. Err.. No we wont Charlie ''
:lol:
Graza

Post by Graza »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:16 pm I make you pretty much spot on Macca, although I think you may be exaggerating a bit; maybe 58 minutes 30 seconds!
I accept this only if they spend a good 20 minutes showing how we carved Norwich to pieces and should have scored 5
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Win tomorrow night and we go 3rd.
rtwhufc83

Post by rtwhufc83 »

I prefer joint 2nd
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:30 pm Win tomorrow night and we go 3rd.
Yeah, the way the games have gone over the weekend definitely puts the spotlight on us tomorrow night. We typically know how games go though when we start with "win this, and we could go...". But then again, it won't put us 7th, so maybe it's that spot that's the curse.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3122 likes
Total likes: 2265 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Win 0-12 and we're second outright.

Don't want to get carried away, but it's definitely definitely happening.

:scarfer:
steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 »

rtwhufc83 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:36 pm I prefer joint 2nd
I prefer to fire it up
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:30 pm Win tomorrow night and we go 3rd.
*Must not look at league table, must not look at league table*
:hush:
Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Graza wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:26 pmI accept this only if they spend a good 20 minutes showing how we carved Norwich to pieces and should have scored 5
I'm with you Graza, but sadly I think we've got two hopes; and Bob Hope is dead.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

so once again the eternally baneful door of opportunity yawns open.

think i'd have rather the goon won just because the idea of 4th isn't quite as dizzying as 3rd with two points to spare.
rciron

Post by rciron »

Ain't been up here for a few years, desolate sh*thole of a place, the whitton arms, cheeky c*nts make you pay on entry, and put you in their tented 'entertainment' area, complete with water feature, an open sewer right in the middle randomly erupting evertime someone flushes upstairs, and the stench? Go elsewhere and if you are lucky enough to gain entry find yourself amongst a gang of failed car manufacturers, all talking sh*te gibberish, victims of their own militancy, wearing their Aston Martin jerseys, hankering over a last when 'the Villa' had a side and they had a job, and don't mention the old bill, the WMP love cockneys, best of luck all travelling hammers, he safe :crest:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Marky wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:58 pm I would drop Yarmolenko away from home all games
For what reason exactly and put who in his place? His best performance in a West Ham shirt was in an away game...
Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Eggs Jnr.1 and 2's mum's family are Villa supporting Brummies.

Back in the day, I'd go home and away with the home supporter getting the tickets. Needless to say when away I had to sit on my hands.

I do remember one game in the mid/late nineties being in the away end and we were on the end of a bit of a hiding. As their 3rd went in, Bosnic turned round to the away support and started giving it the big 'un. Naturally us lot started giving it back which gave the WMP licence to start slinging us out; something IIRC they couldn't do quick enough.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

A point away from home is never a bad result, and would move us to 8th, but a win would see us move to third, meaning that next weekends opponents would be looking up the table at us when they arrive.We would also be the top team in London, so we really should set our stall out tomorrow night and go for all 3 points.

Villa, as a newly promoted club, will have no real ambition beyond sealing PL survival, and I doubt we are one of the clubs they'll target in a league with several leagues in it: they'll be slugging it out with the likes of the Blunts, and consequently despite being the home side they'll see a point off of us as a decent return.

I reckon our starting XI will be Noble, Fabianski, Fredricks, Arthur, Diop, Balbuena,Rice, Yarmalenko, Anderson, Lanzini and Haller.

Probably 4-1-4-1.

A 2 goal margin win for us I reckon, and Dean Smith looking over his shoulder.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Dear West Ham,

please don't screw this up

love, East London.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

Usually this stage of the season getting to third from bottom is a cause for celebration!
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:35 pm I'd be happy with a hard fought 1-0. Then win the next and the next (etc, etc) and be comfortably second by Christmas.

Slowly, slowly and all that.
How can anyone not be happy with any type of win? There is too much confidence and expectation for us to win tomorrow. These things NEVER go well. :cry: Don't panic, don't panic...DL started the match thread!