Aston Villa 0-0 West Ham Utd (16/09/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Re: ⚽ Aston Villa v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Tristan Shout »

West ham v Villa post match analysis, is busquets better than fabinho, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool :thdn:
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Villa were awful throughout I thought apart from a couple of early chances. We were the better team even with ten men but we also lacked that clinical edge, epecially with two big chances in the last 5 minutes. Mike Dean is a ****.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

so the post match analysis is a conversation between a manc and scouser about which club our player should go to and for how much.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1037 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I thought Haller had a tough game. He needs the chance to do over head kicks. Without that he will struggle. No one was terrible though. Decent game and in the end we should be happy with a point. That bloke is a joke of a referee- how he is able to carry on that charade is beyond me.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Croydon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:09 pm Probably as soft, yeah.
Should have been given then if there is some sort of consistency?
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

Graza wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:16 pm Should have been given then if there is some sort of consistency?
Yeah, but we know there isn't consistency wrt Dean. Very poor performance.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2116 likes
Total likes: 1339 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Think Carragher was disgraceful asking a 20 Yr old player where he sees himself in 2 years. Then says he should go to someone for £50m the gobshite
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

I thought Haller played very well today; won most of his battles, ran hard and played some very cute passes. With better finishing from his team mates, he would have had 2 assists.

Very refreshing knowing that a punt down field won't see the ball coming straight back at us.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Fornals did more in 20 minutes than Anderson all night.

Mike Dean is a complete twat but Masuaku could have seen that coming

and I had to give up on this site about half time and it's taken me about 10 minutes or so to get back in and post this.

too much traffic on game day
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2358 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:16 pm so the post match analysis is a conversation between a manc and scouser about which club our player should go to and for how much.
Now I don't like Sky coverage but they are a bit damned if they do, damned if they don't

If they don't talk about West Ham people moan, and then when they spend 10 minutes talking exclusively about one of our players in a very positive manner they still get grief!
They were discussing if he was good enough to play for a Champions League level club, so clearly Man U and Liverpool are going to be part of the discussion
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Sort of game we would usually lose, in seasons gone by.

Good to see us turn in a rugged display when we have to, we are growing as a team which is evident in the way we can adapt.

Rice, superb tonight and Nobes covered every blade of grass.

8 points from 5 games, certainly can't grumble at that.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2358 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:16 pm so the post match analysis is a conversation between a manc and scouser about which club our player should go to and for how much.
Now I don't like Sky coverage but they are a bit damned if they do, damned if they don't

If they don't talk about West Ham people moan, and then when they spend 10 minutes talking exclusively about one of our players in a very positive manner they still get grief!
They were discussing if he was good enough to play for a Champions League level club, so clearly Man U and Liverpool are going to be part of the discussion
Graza

Post by Graza »

Croydon wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:18 pm Yeah, but we know there isn't consistency wrt Dean. Very poor performance.
Quite.

Still fuming though. We did nothing to deserve all three points, but we did seem to be playing against 15 if you include the VAR man...
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Was hoping for more but have to say we did well to hold on and keep a clean sheet....we still looked dangerous on the counter and on another day decision making could have been better.

I don't get all the stick aimed at some of our players. Yarmelenko has been out for such a long time. It doesn't matter how much he's trained it will take him time. Some patience is needed.

Fornals will also need time. New league, the pace, physical side will take time to adjust.

Unbeaten away from home and some good approach play. Better defensively over the past two games which is a huge positive.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

If we follow this game up with a win on Sunday then this is a decent point. Thought we defended really well tonight just lacked a bit of cutting edge in the final third.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Am i right in saying that elmohamady has history of getting our players sent off? Wish fornals had shot right at the end
Last edited by kitthehammer on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

IronZ-79 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:22 pm Was hoping for more but have to say we did well to hold on and keep a clean sheet....we still looked dangerous on the counter and on another day decision making could have been better.

I don't get all the stick aimed at some of our players. Yarmelenko has been out for such a long time. It doesn't matter how much he's trained it will take him time. Some patience is needed.

Fornals will also need time. New league, the pace, physical side will take time to adjust.

Unbeaten away from home and some good approach play. Better defensively over the past two games which is a huge positive.
Spot on mate, good post. :thup:
McKnightmare
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by McKnightmare »

That post match “analysis” on Sky was infuriating. God I hope we beat United at the weekend.
WeveGotPayet
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by WeveGotPayet »

Yarmolenko shouldn't be starting another game for us. No where near good enough.

Not sure why Noble is getting bashed, was solid tonight.

OK team performance all in all with little end product.

Fornals was pretty poor when he came on, we miss Antonio hugely.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

I thought fornals was good when he came on but had few options. Those calling him toilet is embarrassing. He is a class player and he will prove that in the near furure im certain of that.