Hand bags yesterday

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Kialos

Re: Hand bags yesterday

Post by Kialos » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:40 am

Samba wrote:I'm definitely not leaving the house that day, if that's who's going to be knocking around..

You'd be punching above your weight :D

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:45 am

At most away games West Ham fans are just let out without segregation. You just use your common sense.

If people are predisposed to causing trouble they will regardless.

Hammerite

Post by Hammerite » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:08 pm

Metal Hammer wrote:[img]
Mrs Stark - Queen of the North

Graza

Post by Graza » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:28 pm

Knighter10WHU wrote:
Where did they send them? Down the bridge by the side of the Podium?
Channelled over the small bridge beyond that one, but from there down onto the road that joins that stream of fans and on to Stratford

Coops

Post by Coops » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:42 pm

There were a lot of Norwich fans in Hackney Wick before the game. They seemed to have claimed the German deli area as their own. They kept themselves to themselves and were good natured enough. But if this is a sign of things to come then Hackney Wick could become a possible flash-point if it starts to attract more of the moodier away fan.

frankiemac

Post by frankiemac » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:44 pm

kin hell...trouble with norwich./..never heard that before...probably why the policing was leniant

it wont be the same for man united

Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )

Post by Bubbles Murray » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:48 pm

Coops wrote:There were a lot of Norwich fans in Hackney Wick before the game. They seemed to have claimed the German deli area as their own. They kept themselves to themselves and were good natured enough. But if this is a sign of things to come then Hackney Wick could become a possible flash-point if it starts to attract more of the moodier away fan.
Is the German Deli open again? Thought it had closed down.

Coops

Post by Coops » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:12 pm

Bubbles Murray wrote:
Is the German Deli open again? Thought it had closed down.
I'm not sure if the German Deli was open as I was on the other side of the road. There did seem to be a number of away fans congregating in that area so I assume somebody was serving them beer.

jastons

Post by jastons » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:26 pm

RichieRiv wrote:Yes. Started with Norwich fans singing the "we wanna go home" song. Our lot took exception and it kicked off.
Colours never run wrote:They shouldn't be surprised to get a clout around the head if that was the case for piping up.
That's a bit of an overreaction, isn't it?

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:10 pm

The policing at the bowl leaves a lot to be desired. why do we let away fans out at the same time as home fans ?
I walked over the bridge and then under the flyover en route to the cARPENTERS. I Was joined by the Norwich fans who outnumbered us hammers 4-1 . no police around. luckily they went straight on to the stop go boards and I went under the railway bridge. why after 3 seasons is it so poorly policed ?

Samba

Post by Samba » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Samba wrote:I'm definitely not leaving the house that day, if that's who's going to be knocking around..
Kialos wrote:You'd be punching above your weight :D
:D Cheeky!
Not wrong though.. :oops:

mushy

Post by mushy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:01 pm

hammerman11 wrote:The policing at the bowl leaves a lot to be desired. why do we let away fans out at the same time as home fans ?
I walked over the bridge and then under the flyover en route to the cARPENTERS. I Was joined by the Norwich fans who outnumbered us hammers 4-1 . no police around. luckily they went straight on to the stop go boards and I went under the railway bridge. why after 3 seasons is it so poorly policed ?
You ever been to an away match Hammerman?
Everyone gets let out at the end of games, home and away together. Rarely is there trouble.

Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:21 pm

Coops wrote:I'm not sure if the German Deli was open as I was on the other side of the road. There did seem to be a number of away fans congregating in that area so I assume somebody was serving them beer.
German deli has gone - it's now a cafe that had a DJ outside and they had one of the old program huts from the Boleyn that they seemed to be serving food from as well.

delbert

Post by delbert » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Graza wrote:I noticed that for some reason instead of segregating the crowds and sending the away supporters over the flyover they channelled them into the leaving West Ham support. It's the first time I've seen them do that and frankly it's a stupid thing to do, I'm surprised it didn't end poorly.
Doesn't seem to matter really, we all end up unsegregated and at Stratford station at the same time anyway........

brownout

Post by brownout » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:33 pm

hammerman11 wrote:The policing at the bowl leaves a lot to be desired. why do we let away fans out at the same time as home fans ?
That’s what happens at football now. Rare for away fans to be held back and quite right too.

Just because fans of opposing teams meet each other it doesn’t mean they will fight.

Samba

Post by Samba » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:03 pm

brownout wrote:That’s what happens at football now. Rare for away fans to be held back and quite right too.
Just because fans of opposing teams meet each other it doesn’t mean they will fight.
With definite exceptions to the rule..

Coops

Post by Coops » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:04 pm

Wembley1966 wrote: German deli has gone - it's now a cafe that had a DJ outside and they had one of the old program huts from the Boleyn that they seemed to be serving food from as well.
Is it any good?
I will miss those sausages

Andytheammer

Post by Andytheammer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:11 pm

Kialos wrote:At most away games West Ham fans are just let out without segregation. You just use your common sense.

If people are predisposed to causing trouble they will regardless.

Ain’t that the truth, Had some good chats with opposition supporters on the 2ay out over the years!

sxreject1

Post by sxreject1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 am

Why the surprise. At UP they always let the away fans out at the same time, even spurs in the later years. Millwall apart.

Those who want it will hang around any way, so why not make its harder to have a row by making it harder to spot who you need to thump by mingling everyone together.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:32 am

I haven't been to an away game for ages as cant get tickets apart from brighton this season when I was in the brighton end. west ham left same time as brighton but there were some police around unlike at the bowl and the walk over the bridge.

it will kick off badly one day. man utd and palace due at the bowl soon and I would expect better from the security arrangements for these matches.