Pukki, the PL scorer who began in Sevilla (Non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY becomes custom" (Chile)

Pukki, the PL scorer who began in Sevilla (Non WHU)

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:52 pm

Also about Norwich... a very interessting history on Pukki... for the ones who do not know about his past

Pukki, the Premier League scorer who surrendered to the heat of Seville:

The Finn reached the lower categories of Sevilla in 2008 but the heat was unbearable. He got to debut in the first team with Manolo Jiménez.

In 2008, Temmu Pukki was a young promise from the Finnish KTP (today in Second) that the technical secretariat of Seville found interesting. In December of that year, he arrived in Sevilla after paying 180,000 euros. 8-)

His start on the green was magnificent but could not stand the temperature of Sevilla and, shortly after, asked to leave. "I was a teenager and it was a great change for me. I went to live far from home, very young and the weather in Sevilla was much hotter than in my house. It was very hot and I had no air conditioning in my apartment during the first weeks "he confessed in an interview for The Telegraph.

Pukki would endure in Sevilla until 2010, when he would leave for HJK Helsinki. From there he would go to Schalke 04, Celtic, Brondby (transferred and transferred) and finally, he arrived free at Norwich where he has already scored 72 goals in two seasons at zero cost.

He debuted at the Sánchez Pizjuán

Although the heat complicated his stay in Sevilla, Temmu Pukki came to debut with the first team. It was on January 25, 2009 in a 0-2 against Racing de Santander. Manolo Jiménez gave him the alternative and spent 27 minutes on the field.

As AS published in 2013, the Finn wanted to have a detail with Víctor Orta, one of the key people for his arrival in Sevilla, to whom he gave the shirt of his debut.

Pukki melted in Seville and then learned with Raúl

Pukki could not stand the heat. "Few know Teemu Pukki (29-3-1990) as Víctor Orta, technical secretary of Sevilla. Pukki gave him the shirt of his debut. Surely because it was Orta who traveled to close his signing to Kotka , one of the most important port cities in Finland after Helsinki.Pukki, a new Finnish hope he sees in his twilight to Forsell, intrigued Sevilla from the beginning.

Through a database that filters debuts in First under 18 years in Europe, Sevilla followed him until Rosendo Cabezas, in an Under-18 tournament in Lisbon, was also convinced, Sevilla paid 180,000 euros for him to the KooTeePee, a family club that, by the way, dressed as a verdiblanco ... But Pukki fell on his feet in Sevilla.

He arrived in the Division of Honor in December 2008: he won the Cup (2-0) against the Barça of Fontás, Montoya and Gai Assulin. He intervened in one of the goals. Everything was rolled. He went up to the branch, scored a goal from 35 meters with Real and Jiménez recruited him and made his debut at home. He made crumbs with Bernardo and Diego Perotti. Everything was going well. He even learned Spanish. Everything was going well except for one thing: the heat. With Perotti in the locker room, while still from B, he collapsed.

"Months later he asked us to get out," says Orta. HJK Helsinki signed him and Pukki played the two games of his life: in the previous one of the Europa League of 2011-12, he scored three goals for Schalke 04, who reacted by the braves: signing him (Sevilla had secured the 40 percent of the transfer: about 800,000 euros were pocketed out of a total of 1.7 million).

In Gelsenkirchen (Ger), Pukki practiced more Spanish with Raul and made a name for himself. He is not a starter but he is the preferred revulsive ahead of Marica. He is respected for his intuition and instinct. And for always being grateful. If the shirt of his debut with Sevilla was given to Orta, that of his premiere with Finland, his dream, he brought it to Monchi.

https://as.com/futbol/2019/08/19/intern ... 64712.html
https://as.com/futbol/2013/03/22/selecc ... 19165.html

Well, again... I know, I could sound boring, but, man... !!!

180.000 Euros...

I really believe, we have to somehow follow a path in recruitment like Sevilla do...

Georgee Paris

Re: Pukki, the PL scorer who began in Sevilla (Non WHU)

Post by Georgee Paris » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:35 pm

I thought he looked average at best. I’d wouldn’t be surprised if he struggles to get to double figures.

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Quality Striker. This would be better discussed on a Norwich forum, or Norwich match thread though.

fmgod

Post by fmgod » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:46 pm

Let's all calm down and wait towards the end of the season and see how he is doing, Amir Zaki at one point had about 10 in 10 games, he's probably playing over the park these days
Last edited by fmgod on Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patito

Post by Patito » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:49 pm

That Victor Orta is held in high regard at Leeds, he’s there currently.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:52 pm

One player who certainly shouldn't have any issues playing on a wet Wednesday in January at Wolves.

Mayday

Post by Mayday » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:10 pm

There is a list as long as your arm of strikers who have smashed them in for fun in the championship and then have completely failed to transition to the premiership.

Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY becomes custom" (Chile)

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:43 pm

Sadlly not ONE of you pointed what I tried it too here, and, of course, whats have nothing to do with the currently state of Pukki

To give an example of a very good scouting system.

As 800.000 its peanuts....

Patito wrote:That Victor Orta is held in high regard at Leeds, he’s there currently.
+ 2. :thup:

He looks like a very interessting sport director.

Patito

Post by Patito » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:05 am

I’m happy with our scouting system as it stands.

Sevilla bought him a decade ago. We can’t be buying players and waiting 10 years for them to start scoring.

He’s got quite a limited skill set and he will get found out in this league.

I predict Haller will score more than him this season.

Sorry that we all missed your point, UDC.

Universidad-de-Chile

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:54 pm

Patito wrote:I’m happy with our scouting system as it stands.

Sevilla bought him a decade ago. We can’t be buying players and waiting 10 years for them to start scoring.

He’s got quite a limited skill set and he will get found out in this league.

I predict Haller will score more than him this season.

Sorry that we all missed your point, UDC.
Thanks.

Yes, I also think out scouting system is improving...

And albeit it was 10 years ago...

Still.. they make money on him, a youngster/academy player... another good point too...

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:35 pm

We figured out that if you get your defenders to keep a close eye on Pukki, then the rest of Norwich's team are fairly ineffective. The rest of the Premier League will figure out the same.

Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain

Post by Ted Fenton » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:57 pm

I can understand why he couldn't train and play in the heat. My wife had a house there, sometimes reached 50C on a summer afternoon. Even with kick-offs at 9 pm in September, you can still be touching 40C