Everton 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/10/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Re: ⚽ Everton v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Rubbish from start to finish. So many non performances out there that I cant even be bothered to analyse each one. Rice pathetic for that last goal.
traxop

Post by traxop »

Rice has just been desperately poor today. I can only hope that's down to his recent illness.

It's almost pointless raging on the likes of Fornals, Haller and Anderson if there's no midfield base to build from.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Have to ask questions now of Pellers and the team. A team that can't defend set pieces and we didn't have a set piece until the 2nd half iirc. That's a worrying lack of awareness of the oppositions frailties.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

jonnysissons wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:26 pm We are so lightweight.
Anyone could see that last season when we got overpowered many a time.

So we bring in Fornals who's powder puff beyond belief.

The midfield was pathetic today to a man.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Well that was crap. Anderson 1st half performance was one of the poorest I've ever seen, I don't think he completed a single attacking pass. Just found open space or an Everton shirt.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Haller will get fed up and i cannot blame him, he tries to make movement and is let down by poor passing,
poorly placed and timed passing, expected to hold it up and lay it off but nobody is around .
A few others might seek a move , but Anderson, Fornals have got to do better , get involved make it happen . Lanzini has bern poor for a few games now.
Masuaku was guilty of letting players go by him far too easily several times the first goal being one.

Rice looks a bit jaded and perhaps the virus held him back.

Alround a very inept team performance
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by neathiron »

Sigurdsson's 1st goal this season. Bet he was rubbing his hands before kick off knowing that today was the day he'd score. So ****ing fed up of this club being the soft touch, absolute joke.
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

Ah well back to the drawing board
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Lack of quality is one thing, but there was an inexcusable lack of effort from many of our players for most of that game. Again. Why?
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

That had the look and feel of a bunch of lads that had never met or played together before the first whistle.

Just so disappointing and annoying.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Can't say that was unexpected. I keep saying it, but we are a 5 a side team. I really don't like what I'm seeing, we don't seem to do anything well and look soft as ****.
essexguy

Post by essexguy »

Ozza wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:19 pm Under pressure, for what, they rarely sack managers and we’re not going down
Three straight defeats against teams we should get results against will put any manager under pressure in the premiere league.

Just to clarify I do not in anyway think he will be sacked or want him to be sacked. But if we do lose against sheff utd the questions will have to be asked of him and changes have to be made in terms of the way we play because at the moment it’s not looking like it’s working.
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Only players to come out of it with any credit are Diop, Ogbonna, Roberto and possibly Fredericks and Haller...the rest were embarrassing from start to finish. Special mentions to Anderson and Lanzini for possibly their worst performances in a West Ham shirt
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 422 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Swiss Pauli wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:34 pm Everton like a high, hard press so we'll need to be both brave and smart with our passing. Break their press and we should create good chances.

2 all draw.
Forgot to note that we should try not to be hopeless with our passing. Too many under-hit passes today, as well as a whole bunch of flicks in the first half that didn't come off.

Tactically, Noble was in the wrong place so often. He needed to be close to Davis or Gomes but often seemed to be closing down their CBs, with Lanzini deeper.

Reality check. We have a couple of key players - Lanzini & Andersson - in poor form. I feel we need to play 4-3-3/4-5-1 to get more control in midfield than we're managing in the current 4-1-4-1/4-2-3-1.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

That was a shocking performance.

I thought Richarlison looked offside leading up to 2nd? Can anyone confirm ?
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Too lightweight, poor decision making, no desire to get forward quick enough, letting their players waltz through midfield, standing off them when they’re in possession with no press, not tracking runners (Lanzini), holding onto the ball and missing good opportunities, poor passing, clunky defending, trying to play tippy tappy football without the players able to do it.

We have been trying to walk the ball in the net all season.

Everton did exactly the same to us as they did at the London Stadium last season. Why didn’t we learn from it?
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

wolf359 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:30 pm Well that was crap. Anderson 1st half performance was one of the poorest I've ever seen, I don't think he completed a single attacking pass. Just found open space or an Everton shirt.
Anderson's end product is generally woeful. He seems to be trying to nutmeg players all the time.
BillUp
Location: If God wanted us to play football in the clouds, he would have put grass there. Brian Clough.
Has liked: 1 like

Post by BillUp »

Where to start. We were dog **** from start to finish. There is a reason Gomez got MOM. He ran the midfield from start to finish. This is why we desperately need a replacement for Noble who was awful all game, and the reason he was pulled for a striker. I said it last game. He has no pace, and cannot close down, leaving gaping holes, and Rice having to try and mop up. Give me all the abuse you want. Tell me I'm talking b*llocks. be my guest.

When Rice leaves at the end of the season, I hope the money is spent on a whole new midfield. The rest of the team were equally as bad, and I don't know where we go from here apart from a spiral down the table.
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

Still waiting for a reaction to the Oxford game...

3 winnable games since then, 1 point gained and looking worse in every game.