Everton 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/10/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Re: ⚽ Everton v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by neathiron »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:22 pm Same old s**t. 1 point from 9 and a 4 0 drubbing from Oxford.
I've said it previously, that Oxford game was the turning point in the season and we are now in free fall.
The Old Mile End
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by The Old Mile End »

Another poor day.

Anyone who is up for it and is prepared to make things happen will beat us - because we certainly aren't either.
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

I don't get what people are seeing in their team. Gomez and Davies were really poor, but we gave the ball away so much a division 2 side could have put 4 past us. They were truly quite poor, we were just much worse.

Last 6 games in all competitions P6 W1 D2 L3. The Man United game is covering what has actually been a really poor start.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

disappointing but as pre-season we were showing our defensive incapabilitues and it hasn't been addressed, last three games Bournemouth, palace, Everton all put two past us and Oxford four previously to that
Last edited by fmgod on Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

IronZ-79 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:32 pm That was a shocking performance.

I thought Richarlison looked offside leading up to 2nd? Can anyone confirm ?
Looked it to me. I expected it to be given offside.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Of course Goodison is a hard place to go, but that was a damp squib of a performance. There was a real lack of fight from the players.
traxop

Post by traxop »

Faithless wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:28 pm Have to ask questions now of Pellers and the team. A team that can't defend set pieces and we didn't have a set piece until the 2nd half iirc. That's a worrying lack of awareness of the oppositions frailties.
We weren't in control with ball long enough in their third to even initiate a pass out wide for a cross. It wasn't until Whilshere lay one off to an oncoming Yarmolenko with 10 mins to go that we had a semblance of a planned move.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

If we don't win next week we have to start pointing figures i'm afraid. This isn't even a bad run of form, we've been poor all season bar Norwich.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Been otherwise engaged most of the day.. I take it from the last few posts this was more than a little under par
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

And on that note, somebody else can dee if they can get a match thread winning run going, as my run has been 2 defeats in last 2 :shock:
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

OohAahButler wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:31 pm Lack of quality is one thing, but there was an inexcusable lack of effort from many of our players for most of that game. Again. Why?
I honestly don't recall Peter every passing, tackling, marking as poorly today and these guys have more "quality" then he ever did. if the front four aren't finding each other we have nothing else to offer. Our fullbacks seem to forget they are quick and are supposed to be attacking outlets and provide width. Without Ogbonna, Diop and, more by luck than judgement, Roberto that could and should have been a worse defeat than against City.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

Embarrassed that was on TV to be honest. Disgustingly shocking performance and now the season looks very meh. Very lightweight side with no strenght or guts. Absolute :thdn: and a performance which i think is worthy of an apology to travelling fans. Could've been 6-0
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Pellegrini's preference in midfield is abysmal.

Last year, it took a string of defeats for him to realise that he had to have a Snodgrass or Obiang in there to balance it off. We're completely wasting a gift of a start.

The signing of Fornals looks odder by the game. It's not just his general 5/10 performances, but the fact that he plays exactly the same sort of game as Wilshere, Noble, Lanzini.....

The idea that he has a great engine that was doing the rounds appears completely mythical.
DannyboyDJL

Post by DannyboyDJL »

TommyHammer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:36 pm If we don't win next week we have to start pointing figures i'm afraid. This isn't even a bad run of form, we've been poor all season bar Norwich.
Sheff Utd will be well organised and aggressive. Exactly the type of team who will turn us over.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

OFT wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:36 pm Been otherwise engaged most of the day.. I take it from the last few posts this was more than a little under par
For me the annoying thing is the lack of desire showed by the players. A very lazy performance. We allowed a team bereft of confidence and in the bottom three to have their way with us. We were squealing like a pig, figuratively speaking!
Macca1973
Has liked: 1794 likes
Total likes: 1119 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

After that, fully expect us to get beaten by Sheffield United because they will be up for it and want it more than us. We will be in full free fall after that, attitude of some of these players is (yet again) all wrong!
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Pellers (again) has to take a lot of responsibility for that inexcusable performance. We appear to set-up the same, home or away, similar tactics regardless of opposition and we've been found out.......

Then you have-

Lanzini who has been terrible since his return from injury.....in fact even before that he wasn't that great. Combine that with Anderson, Rice out of form, Noble anonymous and fullbacks that can't defend, you get a performance like today.

How we escaped with 2-0 is a miracle.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:36 pm Looked it to me. I expected it to be given offside.
So Abian was given offside and I thought he looked on in the replay!

Apart from Diop and Oggie only players to look like they competed. The passing was so poor...simple passes there is just no excuse.
DannyboyDJL

Post by DannyboyDJL »

IronZ-79 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:40 pm So Abian was given offside and I thought he looked on in the replay!

Apart from Diop and Oggie only players to look like they competed. The passing was so poor...simple passes there is just no excuse.
Yeah I thought he was onside. Not sure why the lino would make a decision when it was so tight and leading to a chance. Just keep the flag down and let VAR decide.
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

We are not as good as we think we are..
Been awful for the last 4 games, there is no difference between this side and the team from last year.
We will finish 10th-15th the dildo brothers and Queen Karren will take their money and the same will happen over and over again..
This mob are happy to keep taking the EPL prize money so long as we survive..
After 52 years I'm losing interest, No Home No Identity **** Football the whole thing is a ****ing joke..

:thdn: