Everton 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/10/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Everton 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/10/19)

Post by -DL- »

Saturday, 19th October, Goodison park, Liverpool.

KO: 1230, on the telly.

Could go either way this one - I'd take a draw, but obviously a win would be nice.

COYI!

:crest:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: ⚽ Everton v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Puff Daddy »

They haven't won at home yet this season and have only scored 5 goals at Goodison. The Toffees' are in a bit of a sticky situation
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:06 pm They haven't won at home yet this season and have only scored 5 goals at Goodison. The Toffees' are in a bit of a sticky situation
They’ve beaten Watford 1-0 and Wolves 3-2
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

claretnblueglasses wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:53 pm They’ve beaten Watford 1-0 and Wolves 3-2

Don't let facts get in the way of a good pun
Ingwe
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

mumbles87 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:37 pm Don't let facts get in the way of a good pun
Don't fudge the issue! :lol:
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

A West Ham win and post-game Silva sacking. Every cloud.
Patito

Post by Patito »

3 points and post match celebratory beers in Liverpool. :scarfer: Anderson to get one.
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

I wish Everton were in a bit of form going into this one, I would feel a bit more confident, bizarre as it sounds. How many times have we played teams who are on a bad run only to end up getting comfortably beaten by them. Hope lessons have been learned from the Palace loss. Got to put Everton under pressure straight away, no ****ing around passing back and fore. Ogbonna and Diop, I hope you are reading this.
Noble Man
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

Manager under pressure for a win, team struggling and not won in ages, centre forwards not scoring....... need i say more?

:scarfer:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Rooney not still there is he ?

:lol:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

After what seemed like decades of annual defeats against this lot, our record there in recent times has actually been quite good, but as 'PaddyOhammer' would say, I haven't a clue how this one will go. We have the tools to beat them, but guess the question is, will we beat ourselves ?
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Noble Man wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:15 pm Manager under pressure for a win, team struggling and not won in ages, centre forwards not scoring....... need i say more?

:scarfer:
Yep, the West Ham benevolent society will roll into Scouseland. 2-0 to them. :| '
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Woohoo! Live on the channel that I've got (not Sky).
I said on the last match thread, it will be interesting to compare this game with last seasons corresponding game.
I'm not saying that as we won up there last season so we should again win there this season, as that doesn't usually happen. For us, anyway.
I still remember that we had a rare chance of doing a double over them last season (having done the hard part of winning away first) & then f*cked it right up.
True, it's set up in a very West Ham Way to oblige a team that have lost their last four games but, we're not exactly on a good run ourselves.
In view of our respective league places, I would love a win but a loss would leave me feeling, severely dischuffed.
A point wouldn't be great but would still be better than a loss.
I have no idea how this match is going to go. I suppose at least, that's a bit exciting!
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

neathiron wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:15 pm I wish Everton were in a bit of form going into this one, I would feel a bit more confident, bizarre as it sounds. How many times have we played teams who are on a bad run only to end up getting comfortably beaten by them. Hope lessons have been learned from the Palace loss. Got to put Everton under pressure straight away, no ****ing around passing back and fore. Ogbonna and Diop, I hope you are reading this.
Re Diop and Ogbonna, one of the central midfielders needs to come and get the ball off them to actually start an attack that therefore doesn't always start with one of them passing to a wide player already double marked. We are far too predictable at starting attacks. Does my head in.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Moise Kean yet to score for Everton, we know how this one goes....

In all seriousness, think they have Gomes back for this so that gives them some class but we have to get at the defence, Mina is a liability, Keane isn't the same defender without the Burnley system and Digne while attacking is great can be got at defensively
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

fmgod wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:04 pm Moise Kean yet to score for Everton, we know how this one goes....
Easy money to be made at the bookies then!
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we need to play aat a faster tempo. the counter attacking needs to be quick. shame no Antonio for this one as we don't really have any pace other than Anderson who rarely goes for it recently. one time he did last time we scored a beautiful goal.

They have some pacey players so would prefer to bring Arthur back for this one. cresswell has the shirt at the moment so depends how his injury is.

Roberto
fredericks diop ogbonna masuaka
noble rice lanzini
yarmolenko haller Anderson

subs martin Johnson Balbuena fornals wilshere ajeti Holland

1-1 draw at a difficult place. they will be up for it and IF we win I think silva will be gone with mournho out there and everton have the money now !
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Was at this fixture last year. Closer than 1-3 suggests but it was 'all over' before the end. They're doing worse now than at that time, so got to be a win imo.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

if we were firing I would say yes but we are very slow and predictable and have been against villa man utd and palace. we need to get back to quick forward passing and movement. do this and we should win but can pelle stop the malaise ?
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

I don't even want to say i'd take a draw from this because they are so pony at the moment, and its about time we start converting draws away from home into wins. Do I think we'll win it though? Probably not, but having no Lukaku or Rooney there is a bonus :lol: