Everton 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/10/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1163 likes

Re: ⚽ Everton v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Puff Daddy »

DannyboyDJL wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:46 pm My worry is that I think he will think Wilshere is the answer.

I'd like to see us try 3-5-2, but I don't expect Pellers to change.

He probably doesn't, but he's all he's got and for that, he only has himself to blame. For God's sake, it's not rocket science, what we need is a strong arm player who can put himself about in midfield, get on the ball and make a right pain in the arse for the opposition. He doesn't need to be easy on the eye, or aesthetically pleasing, just someone who is everywhere and in the oppo's face
Patito

Post by Patito »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:55 pm quite a few of us on here suggested this but were shouted down by a minority who said that we didn't need a headless chicken running around......

Maripan and Pulgar for 25M quid
IIRC nearly everyone wanted us to sign those two :thup:
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 617 likes

Post by Croydon »

Roberto 4
Masuaku 3
Ogbonna 7
Diop 8
Fredericks 6
Rice 3
Noble 3
Anderson 1
Lanzini 0
Fornals 0
Haller 3
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2410 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Samba wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 pm He's going to want off, irsn't he..
He hasn't shown anywhere near enough either here or in his career to date, to justify getting all Billy big b*llocks
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1674 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

did say a minority Pat..I won't name names.....

:wink:
Crouchend_Hammer

The geezer Villa bought called Marvelous something or other looks like a player we could have done with
No frills, athletic, sits in and breaks up play
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:14 pm He hasn't shown anywhere near enough either here or in his career to date, to justify getting all Billy big b*llocks
I like him, but he looked proper clumsy and slow today.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:16 pm The geezer Villa bought called Marvelous something or other looks like a player we could have done with
No frills, athletic, sits in and breaks up play

...... and you know what ? Just about every team has one of these except us. For some totally unforeseen reason, we just cannot see the need, or the point. We must sign so called flair players, because we're West Ham and we must always try and get to the front foot, but in football, the other team has the ball quite a lot of the time too. What is so irritating is, the type of player we so desperately need, would not cost a lot either and they are two a penny. There are probably loads of them in Scotland for starters
Patito

Post by Patito »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:16 pm did say a minority Pat..I won't name names.....

:wink:
Please do, it might provide a break from us having to actually think about the game :D
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Northbank Bar wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:22 pm Ironing Board.To be fair it dosnt alter your point but I think(i am not sure)we were the 9th highest.-But since the window shut we sold Hernandez so don't know if that affects the position.Point is if Haller or Rice get injured there is no good cover.
Which is why I thought McGinn was a no-brainer at the time. He was good enough for the likes of us and Celtic to be sniffing around. Him and Rice would have been a great young partnership. In addition they are both Brits, so there is no worry about adapting to the league, etc
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:32 pm ...... and you know what ? Just about every team has one of these except us. For some totally unforeseen reason, we just cannot see the need, or the point. We must sign so called flair players, because we're West Ham and we must always try and get to the front foot, but in football, the other team has the ball quite a lot of the time too. What is so irritating is, the type of player we so desperately need, would not cost a lot either and they are two a penny. There are probably loads of them in Scotland for starters
Isn’t that Rice’s job? The problem is we do not have enough competition. We keep signing playmakers for some reason!
Kialos
Has liked: 1551 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

More **** than a sewerage treatment plant.

11 randoms who had visited the club store the day before to buy some kit and one old geezer on day release from the nearest home for the bewildered.

Where's the ****er sign when you need it
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Diop an 8??? :shock:

I think he was one of the worst today, at least in the 2. half.

The stonewall pen on Mina???

The almost goal over the bar saved brillantly by Roberto???

And Roberto an 4???

He deserved an 8, imho.

Great saves, today...
Last edited by Universidad-de-Chile on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Kialos wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:57 pm More **** than a sewerage treatment plant.

11 randoms who had visited the club store the day before to buy some kit and one old geezer on day release from the nearest home for the bewildered.

Where's the ****er sign when you need it
That's the best review of the match I've seen so far. :lol:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:55 pm Isn’t that Rice’s job? The problem is we do not have enough competition. We keep signing playmakers for some reason!

.. and that's my point. We need to break out of that, address the problem and sign what is needed
Crouchend_Hammer

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:55 pm Isn’t that Rice’s job? The problem is we do not have enough competition. We keep signing playmakers for some reason!
I don't think he is suited for it
He should be a bit more box to box and a DM next door to him
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Heres my analysis from this bitter moment:

1) First and most of all and all over the place, thats was a GAME FOR BALBUENA. We are missing him badly

Then, if you take look at the vids last season, the first goal (0-1) from Yarmolenko (to pass from Arnie) cames from a ball win from Balbuena.

AND, if you looks at our stats last first half of last season, Balbuena, Anderson and Fabianski were our BEST PLAYERS by a mile, and by the numbers.

So, missing ALL 3 of our best players (as Anderson its mentally elsewehere and not giving his normal imho) last season, its a too much given advantage to the contrary.

2) I still do not understand, whats has to happened till Pelle gives a chance a try the CB duo OGBONNA-BALBUENA, which I honestly think, are our best defender in team.

Even, if you look at the stats, they say the same, as Diop, for example has the fewer aereal duel wons, blocks and tackles last season, and now, i think its the same still (someone correct me, if Im wrong, please, so fair critics are welcome! )

3) Masuaku has to play always instead Cresswell. He makes some good blocks and ball robber too.

4) Why in the world did not Pelle played Yarmolenko from the first minute, its a mistery to me.

5) Same with Anderson, why he always is taking out. I will stick with him and has to be always the last player to be substituted.

So, Balbuena has to comeback, and I wish myself, to see more often Diop on the bench and given the duo Oggie-Balbuena a chance. Or even the duo Cardozo-Balbuena / Cardozo / Ogbonna... why not???

Diop can also play in the middle as a defensive MF, a lá Nzonzi...
Last edited by Universidad-de-Chile on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westhamlinnet
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by westhamlinnet »

Owners net spend this summer pathetic wages slashed and we still can't buy an athletic midfield player. An injury to Haller is frightening bearing in mind we have nothing to replace him with. Our best results last year were with Snodgrass noble and rice in midfield and two if this are well over 30. We need owners who will invest
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:59 pm Diop an 8??? :shock:
Had Richalison's number all game covered both full backs and repeatedly dug us out of the :thdn: without him and Ogbonna it'd have been 6 or 7
think he was one of the worst today, at least in the 2. half.

The stonewall pen on Mina???

The almost goal over the bar saved brillantly by Roberto???
A desperate clearance that Roberto knew nothing about, it just in hit him in the face
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Patito wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:10 pm IIRC nearly everyone wanted us to sign those two :thup:
You are not wrong but there was still a lot of shouting down by a vocal minority, claiming that we wouldn't find a place for such a player and at best we would be strengthening our reserves.