Wilfried Zaha

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

RomanRoadSon

Wilfried Zaha

Post by RomanRoadSon » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:15 pm

Isn’t it about time members of the OSB(C&H actually stepped away from their continual potentionally libellous attacks on Wilfried Zaha over the supposed spitting incident last weekend. Impossible to prove intent, he was 25 yds from anyone and the ‘evidence’ was from. Mobile phone 50 rows back. It has also provoked racist abuse that has upset Palace.Is this sustained attack approved by the club?

Phil S

Re: Wilfried Zaha

Post by Phil S » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:46 pm

He deserves all the stick he gets (other than racial)

He's a diving, spitting, snarling horrible ****

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:57 pm

Declan Rice says it wasn't a spit at him so that is good enough evidence for me

Never understood the hatred people feel towards Zaha tbf. His back story and how he came as a refugee and made a career for himself and how he gives loads of his wages back to Ivory Coast is a decent story in the modern game IMHO

Yes he can go down a bit easy at times but you can't fault his desire and attitude and he is a cracking player IMHO

mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:07 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:57 pm

Never understood the hatred people feel towards Zaha tbf. His back story and how he came as a refugee and made a career for himself and how he gives loads of his wages back to Ivory Coast is a decent story in the modern game IMHO

Yes he can go down a bit easy at times but you can't fault his desire and attitude and he is a cracking player IMHO
People never care they just judge

Adebeyer constantly slated as a mercenary etc etc

80% his wages went back to Togo

That spurs full back can't even attempt his name hated football just a job..slated by all fans as doesn't have passion

Arnie even we slate for being a money grabber , someone offers you stupid money to do same job ur there

Fans like nah I'd play for the club ..literally wouldn't have a clue how to handle having that kind of money dangled in front of them

SiO

Post by SiO » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:12 pm

Tend to agree... I think that he has an unfortunate face that looks petulant... Also his public meltdown after being kicked a bit didn't endear but he's a great player and one I'd love over at ours... Same as Sterling before his resurrection... Certainly one of those players who seems to destroy other defences when on song... Good player I wish had been locked into the English national set up

Samba

Post by Samba » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:57 pm
Although I take the p*ss out of him, I admire his talent.
He probably relegation-proofs, Palace. They need to hang on to him.

Pob!

Post by Pob! » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:00 am

Phil S wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:46 pm
He deserves all the stick he gets (other than racial)

This and only this ..

Horrible ****!

S-H

Post by S-H » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:12 am

Not having it.

He's a cheat, who gets away with it time and time again, the look on his face after he's thrown himself to the ground for the hundredth time in the game, is always a look of "Well where is MY penalty/free-kick" If that is talent then maybe there is hope for us all.

He might very well be a skill full player, but what talent he does possess, he is wasting, and is why no big club is going to touch him, why would they, when the main weapon in his armoury is to dive at every opportunity.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:22 am

There is no doubt he is talented but he is going backwards staying at palace. he needs to move and I reckon he will in January to spurs or man utd.
he then needs to look at someone like Ronaldo and model his game on him.
stop the diving, take the kicks etc but punish teams with goals and skill.

at the moment his first thought is to try and beat a man and go down.

IF he stops the diving and has more end product he will be a very dangerous player but it will take time for him to change if he wants to that is.

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:27 am

His eyes frighten the bejesus out of me! :shock:

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:33 am

the hairstyle is a bit weird also !

fmgod

Post by fmgod » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:15 am

He's a diving cheating, utter dirty idiot, who will do anything to win. He is at Palace as that is exactly his level, and he will have a few games a season where he looks class the rest pretty average with no consistent end product, I seriously can't stand him, everything that is wrong with the modern game

Patito

Post by Patito » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:30 am

How dare defenders tackle him. He has every right to act like a petulant child every time he is dispossessed, it's just not on, don't they know he's Wilfred Zaha? And how else are Palace supposed to win games if he's not dangling his leg out looking for contact or just plain old diving? Give the poor man a break jeez...

S-H

Post by S-H » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:41 am

Patito

Post by Patito » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:45 am

What a shot Image

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:16 am

Patito wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:45 am
What a shot Image
Now THAT was a penalty..

szola

Post by szola » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:29 am

I don't like Zaha. Even if he gives to charity.
Same as Suarez. Who is supposedly a nice guy.

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:23 am

To be fair I've had Christmases like that . :)

Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:48 am

Phil S wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:46 pm

I think you've just described 85% of professional footballers.

YorksHammer

Post by YorksHammer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:55 am

SiO wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:12 pm
Also his public meltdown after being kicked a bit didn't endear but he's a great player and one I'd love over at ours
I love the 'being kicked a bit' comments Zaha attracts. He's consistently the most fouled player in the Premier League because people are constantly trying to kick him out of the game. Same happens now with Grealish and happened with Hazard - people view these players as both lightweight and key to the way a team plays so try and land challenges on them in the game to stop them playing.

I think Zaha, like almost any other player in that sort of position/role, tries to bring the referee's attention to fouls being committed. It's falling dramatically but still being fouled, a lot of the time. I also think he might have been given an unfair reputation due to reporting on things like his diving and dramatic reactions to being fouled, when he's probably going down no easier than a number of other players in the league.

The video of him spitting is far too inconclusive to be sure he's spitting at, or even in the direction, of a player. He's certainly not aiming at the floor, mind you.

The comments here about his eyes and hair have an air of racism about them, similar to the 'pineapple on his head' stuff aimed at Jason Lee. Doubt this is malicious given the posters, but do be careful with what you are saying.

Ultimately, we have a player who has been sanctioned for spitting (Masuaku) and one sanctioned for diving (Lanzini). Many on here seem to have no issues with either player continuing to play for us.