West Ham Utd 1-1 Sheffield Utd (26/10/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Unlucky Alf

Re: ⚽ West Ham United v Sheffield United: Match thread (26/10)

Post by Unlucky Alf »

Taking Anderson off killed it for me. I don't get it.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

After watching them on Monday night and seeing how well they are set up I knew this was always going to be difficult. They have proved a really difficult side to play against and even the scouser's were lucky to get 3 points against them.

They started pushing the right sided CB forward in the second half which was causing all sorts of problems for us with who pick's up who.

We had chances to kill the game and remember two under hit passes from Feleipe that should have killed the game.

They litreally play with everyone behind the ball and the spaces are limited. Our play looks slow at times but sometimes it's down to the way we are being restricted by the opposition....

One gripe....Fornals comes on and his first touch is greeted with groans from sections near me. Give the bloke a chance for ffs.
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by steps »

I personally thought Roberto was poor for their goal, looked a routine save for me (I know he made some good saves in the first half.)

And then there was the one at Everton where he got beaten on his near post.

It’s clear to see we’re missing Fabianski.

Since losing him and Antonio to injury our form has taken a big dip.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Heysel76 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:13 am Good point, a lot seemed to arrive behind running players
Usually the reverse is true though isn't it? I mean I never played at any level of note but a wet pitch usually adds zip to it leading to over hit passes and unless it starts to get waterlogged you get a feel for it pretty quickly. If the pitch is retaining surface water and getting waterlogged in those conditions someone needs to get the pitch folks out!
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

steps wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:27 am I personally thought Roberto was poor for their goal, looked a routine save for me (I know he made some good saves in the first half.)

I thought he was to blame at first. But looking at the replay the ball hits side netting
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 613 likes

Post by Croydon »

Sorry for your Los WebmasterFF :crest:
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Roberto could have saved that. We miss Fabianski so much.

Anyone else got stuck at Hackney Wick? That was worst journey back since the move from me
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

so many of our players are so 1 footed , they'll always need the perfect pass , certainly didn't see any of those yesterday
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 777 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Unlucky Alf wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:24 am Taking Anderson off killed it for me. I don't get it.
i got it, infact i saw it coming despite knowing what a terrible idea it would be.

pellegrini had too much talent on the bench to not make any changes, but snodgrass was having a decent game and he didn't want to lose any bit of physicality from the side so yarmolenko wasn't going off either. anderson came off purely because he was the only one who could be replaced by another flair player without losing any physicality.

that anderson was by far our biggest threat on the counter in a 1-0 game seemed to have passed pellegrini by.
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by steps »

Wow. Do you want fries with that vitriol burger?

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?t ... ness.75776
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

steps wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:43 am Wow. Do you want fries with that vitriol burger?

Was hard to get anything going Ricky. The blades in the top section may as well have been in a different town to those in the bottom such was the distance. Unless it was my failing eyesight 😀
Not wrong though is he? I've only been to the bowl twice and I was behind the goal in the upper tear against Norwich and, if i was lucky, by the time "Bubbles" reached me it was already on "fortunes always hiding..." I couldn't join in with the lower tier as I simply couldn't hear them. They need to feed the sound from the lower tier up to the upper tier to bridge the gap.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 662 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Marky wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:16 am Roberto could have saved that. We miss Fabianski so much.
Nobody did their job properly at the back for the goal, least of all our Captain
warontheterraces
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by warontheterraces »

Although West Ham played some nice passing PBF (pretty boy football) at times it was largely ineffective in terms of getting the ball forward quickly enough to create enough good opportunities. In the 1st half The Blades had 5 or 6 excellent chances to score but wasted their opportunities. I only remember us having 2 in the first period, one of which Snodders scored.

Plenty of possession throughout but as has been commented on before...West Ham are very slow and pedestrian. Sheffield frequently had 10 players behind the ball and slow build up tactics play in to opposition hands. For me, The Hammers are a weak, lightweight, pansy side that are pretty easy to play against despite having talented players in the squad. The balance is all wrong. To top it all off, the manager then takes our best corner taker off as he’s about to take a corner...
mattyD
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Post by mattyD »

Yeah, didn't get the substitutions yesterday, thought it just handed them the initiative.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

steps wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:27 am I personally thought Roberto was poor for their goal, looked a routine save for me (I know he made some good saves in the first half.)

Fabianski has been a big factor in our league position both this season and the last season. With Fabianski and Antonio we'd probably have beat Palace, taken a point at Everton and won yesterday. This says much about our true form and the precarious position were in where losing one or two key players can become catastrophic for our season.
e17
Has liked: 291 likes
Total likes: 975 likes

Post by e17 »

steps wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:43 am Wow. Do you want fries with that vitriol burger?

Nodded my head reading most of that
e17

Post by e17 »

I don’t reckon Roberto is as bad as I initially thought

He was actually alright yesterday, seems to be getting more assured and settled for us.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

e17 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:58 pm I don’t reckon Roberto is as bad as I initially thought

He was actually alright yesterday, seems to be getting more assured and settled for us.
I agree he did OK yesterday, was much improved after a very poor start and I was a lot happier with him, however to be fair Fabianski has set a very high standard.
e17

Post by e17 »

Aye Harry - he looks better than Joe Hart though! :lol:
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Majority of that is bang on...

“To think they demolished Upton Park for that *****.”

Quite...