MY Dad Roy alas passing away !

A Forum in which to remember those KUMB members and other West Ham United family who have sadly left us.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: MY Dad Roy alas passing away !

Post by rciron »

A really touching post Steve, I have a friend in an almost identical situation i work near the hospice and every couple of days he comes in and gives me an update and we talk about his life growing up in East Ham and memorable times supporting West Ham, and I dread the day his dad finally passes, next week I Will be singing bubbles for ROY THE WEST HAM BOY :crest:
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

I feel your pain, as I lost my dad a couple of months ago. He was also an East Ham boy. It's tough, but you have to hang on to the good memories to see you through it. Hopefully your dad will be able to pass peacefully.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Godbless you and your old man Steve.

We lost my grandad last year - he’d been going to WHU games since 1946. At the funeral, my Dad had been asked to make a speech, and decided instead, literally at the last moment and unannounced, to get up, stick his C&B scarf on, and sing “bubbles” - he broke down at “fortunes always hiding” and my brother & I had to get up and help him finish it.

Honestly had taken it for granted for a few years how deep and important to our families this club is until that moment.

Never ever about the results. Enjoy and cherish the fact you’ve come from the best mate. :thup:
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Whether our feet are on the ground, or our spirit in the sky, we're always West Ham and that will never die.

Thoughts are with you and your old man at this tough time. Grief can cause rifts in families at times like this, ultimately even if opinions differ your old mans best interests are at people's hearts. Try to keep solidarity in the family as I am sure that's what he'd want more than anything.

:crest: