The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

leer34
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Re: January

Post by leer34 »

Matic would be impressive ...one of the only midfielders in the league slower than what we have, a huge no on this.
It really isint that difficult to find what we need, 2 young, athletic b2b midfielders,
Would address a problem we've had for years,
Would also change us in a instant and actually allow us to play the dynamic football pell wants.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

the pink palermo wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:14 pm Huge NO to Matic from me

Me too. Don't want good players like that at the club. I was also against Gary Cahill too. Keep up the tradition of signing unknown crap punts in the forlorn hope one just might work out, but almost certainly will not, I say
reo_coker20
One line wonder
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by reo_coker20 »

hammerman11 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:38 pm behrami was an average player for us. the odd good game and occasional free kick. nothing special.

You getting confused with diamanti
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Problem is how about if the decision has to be: Matic or nothing. no sign will made in Jan... No money at all..

I would take Matic then.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I'd rather nothing, than sign Matic.

Not exactly the energetic box to box midfielder we are crying out for.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

S-H wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:29 pm I'd rather nothing, than sign Matic.

Not exactly the energetic box to box midfielder we are crying out for.
We need both, a DM and a box to box, Shirley ? At least Matic has legs and I don't think they've gone just yet
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

but he's about as mobile as me.......to be fair though I was playing well today........

:lol:
reo_coker20
One line wonder

Post by reo_coker20 »

Main reason for not signing matic - huge wages coming towards end of career. Look at the thread about us signing the right type of player and this sums it up. If we did go for him would be a 6 month loan for me as we’re not gonna buy anyone
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

No doubting the player Matic was, but he definitely isn't what we need. Which is exactly why I expect us to sign him on a 5 year contract.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

reo_coker20 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:43 pm Main reason for not signing matic - huge wages coming towards end of career. Look at the thread about us signing the right type of player and this sums it up. If we did go for him would be a 6 month loan for me as we’re not gonna buy anyone

Dont know how reliable it is, but I did hear today from a Hammers fan, who claimed he heard it from a club insider, two or three players, one of whom is Haller, will be leaving the club in January and that there is major discontent at the club. I am dismissing it for the moment, as nonsense, until I see something more tangible. I am only reporting this and am not the source of it all, just to be clear and make sure there is no confusion between the two
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

not saying I don't believe it Puff but we'd take a bath on Haller - we don't need to be chucking money away...with his goal scoring record so far, we'd be lucky to get 25M for him and we reportedly paid what 45M ?

unless it would be someone else out on loan with an option.

I don't see us getting 40M for Anderson, or 24M for Formals.

right now we'd take a bath on whoever we sold unless it was Rice. as he cost nowt, he'd be the only one that would actually represent a increase in value.
reo_coker20
One line wonder

Post by reo_coker20 »

Anderson, fonals, haller we would never recoup what we paid. Only one I could see us getting a profit for who we’ve bought other than freebie or rice is diop he’s got potential to be a top player
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

no way we get 22M back for Diop either.....he's played dreadfully this season in general. the odd bright spot here and there but has not covered himself in glory being a dominant CB this season.
reo_coker20
One line wonder

Post by reo_coker20 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:10 pm no way we get 22M back for Diop either.....he's played dreadfully this season in general. the odd bright spot here and there but has not covered himself in glory being a dominant CB this season.
I agree he hasn’t but I’m sure we would recoup it he’s still young and a lot of clubs fancied him in the summer
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

last summer maybe but this season ? he can't seem to win a header.

Diop 1.8 tackles (Masuaku 3.6) - 0.5 blocks (Oggie 1.5) - 1.8 interceptions (Rice 2.1) - Clearances 3.8 (Oggie 5.4) - Aerials 2.7 (Balbuena 5.2)

he doesn't lead the team in any defensive category unfortunately - I know someone will tell me stats don't relay the whole story but I saw him get beaten in the air by Bernard last season and he's 5'5"

Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:24 pm Problem is how about if the decision has to be: Matic or nothing.
Nothing then, don't see what signing an ageing player that makes Nobes look like
on huge wages would achieve
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:21 pm last summer maybe but this season ? he can't seem to win a header.

Diop 1.8 tackles (Masuaku 3.6) - 0.5 blocks (Oggie 1.5) - 1.8 interceptions (Rice 2.1) - Clearances 3.8 (Oggie 5.4) - Aerials 2.7 (Balbuena 5.2)

he doesn't lead the team in any defensive category unfortunately - I know someone will tell me stats don't relay the whole story but I saw him get beaten in the air by Bernard last season and he's 5'5"

So you think his transfer value has dropped by over £40 mill in 12 games?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

do WHAT ?

where did I say that ?

that's all newspaper talk - we never got offered 60M (if that's your conjecture) that was Sully and similar Red Tops coming up with some type of valuation based on Mourinho saying he was a beast.

Transfermkt have him @ 35M - and that's if you can find a buyer.

:asleep:
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

MATIC , its a new dawn its a new day and its the same old sheiss , washed up , best days long long gone ,off to the usa for him or china , but please not us
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

If it were to be Matic on loan or no one, I'd say Matic. If it's buying Matic or no one, i'd take no one.

There are so many better options, even if I think we could do with a disciplined midfielder who just wants to support the defence (and add some height)