The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Re: January

Post by hammerman11 »

there is no way the dwarf is buying another GK with fab back in a month or so and trot on loan.

we need something in midfield to play alongside rice before we ruin his chances of the euros next year.

rice must look at what he plays alongside in noble Snodgrass fornals and what winks has to or Henderson. his head will be turned soon enough the longer we are in decline with dead man awake Pellegrini !

a good performance for England today and he will remind everyone in time for the January window. Man utd will be sniffing and will I think offer 60m for him . now we should turn it down but if rice wants to go then maybe we will sell for 70m .

if we do then we are finished as a credible club. you don't sell your best young players . GSB wont invest the whole amount back and we will have pelle waste it on a few mates from spain and south America.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

hammerman11 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:51 am there is no way the dwarf is buying another GK with fab back in a month or so and trot on loan.

we need something in midfield to play alongside rice before we ruin his chances of the euros next year.

rice must look at what he plays alongside in noble Snodgrass fornals and what winks has to or Henderson. his head will be turned soon enough the longer we are in decline with dead man awake Pellegrini !

a good performance for England today and he will remind everyone in time for the January window. Man utd will be sniffing and will I think offer 60m for him . now we should turn it down but if rice wants to go then maybe we will sell for 70m .

if we do then we are finished as a credible club. you don't sell your best young players . GSB wont invest the whole amount back and we will have pelle waste it on a few mates from spain and south America.

Sullivan has no idea what makes a goal keeper. Like most people, he merely looks at the saves he makes, not the ones he doesn't need to make - that is why he thought Hart was so good. He saw him leaping about his goal bringing off saves and thought, yeah, he's the one, but he was leaping about his goal brining off saves, because his positioning was poor, he had a weakness on low shots to his left and he was a poor organiser of his defence and had been better at that, there would have been no need to make some of those saves at all. Goalkeeper, is the only position on the field that sees everything, the move developing, the runs of midfield players, strikers trying to lose their markers, late runs into the box, the direction and flight of the ball, everything and by proper organisation of their defenders, they should have it all covered. All this is known as command of your 6 yard box and all the top ones in the Premier League possess all of this.
brooking_1980
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Sully just looks at free transfer and can we get his wages down and we'll never need a spare goalie anyways.............
WienIron

Post by WienIron »

I still think we have the nucleus of a very good PL squad.

Trouble is, without spending some serious dosh on a Tielemans / Gomes standard central midfielder, it’s all collapsing like a house of cards. They’re gonna need to replace Noble at some point before 2021/22 (?) when they can sell up, so why not January. It also acts as an insurance against relegation.

In order of priority:

B2b midfielder
A back up striker with similar characteristics to Haller
Commanding centre back to challenge Og, Balb, Diop
Proper sub keeper
Up and coming RB to challenge Fred
Up and coming LB to challenge Arfur (although not gonna happen as we inexplicably extended Creswell as reward for showing up in a few games)

It sounds like a long wishlist, but other than the CM, the other players would be to bolster the squad and provide competition, filling gaps from the large reduction in wage expenditure over the summer.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Been linked today again with the Atalanta striker Duvan Zapata....

Arent they playing CL???

So, its totally unrealistic, imho.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

And Olivier Giroud too....

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/11/blogs/ ... -in-doubt/

Would you take him as a sign this next window in january???

Opinions???

I pertsonally pass the question... (just do not know) :D
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

thought there was something on the BBC that had him going overseas.....

Borussia Dortmund have joined Inter Milan in wanting to sign Chelsea's out-of-favour France striker Olivier Giroud, 33.

Gossip of course..........but much more likely than us...
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:44 pm Been linked today again with the Atalanta striker Duvan Zapata....

Arent they playing CL???

Whilst I don't agree it is realistic they have lost all four of their group games (I think) so are all but out anyway
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

transfermkt has him rated @ 45M Euros

even if it were 4.5M Euros I don't reckon Pellers is spending any of the GSB money this January................

let's be honest

40M on Anderson who had a good 6+ months
45M on Haller who had a good 6 weeks
24M on Fornals who can't get off the bench
2M on Sanchez who is an afterthought
8M on Ajeti who can't get off the bench for either us or Switzerland
a 3 year deal for Wilshere who hasn't even played 2 full games (minute wise) this season
22M on Diop who is probably our 2nd best CB (and that's not saying much)
and a back up goalie who can't even catch a cold.

not sure Sully is going to pull out his wallet any time soon

(that's not to say that won't all pull it together but we really are not getting the best out of this squad atm imvho)
Patito

Post by Patito »

IIRC Zapata is still in the middle of a two year loan (with an option to buy) at Atalanta.

I think so anyway, I can't be 100% sure because I feel like I've been writing that every week for years now.

Either way, he's not coming here.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Patito wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:36 am I feel like I've been writing that every week for years now.
You are hammerman11's more informative brother, and I claim my £5.
Patito

Post by Patito »

S-H wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 am You are hammerman11's more informative brother, and I claim my £5.
*shakes fist*
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Being linked with Piatek and Strootman through various sources. (The latter being the KUMB homepage.)

Not sure about the credibility of the sources though. :D
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:14 pm transfermkt has him rated @ 45M Euros

even if it were 4.5M Euros I don't reckon Pellers is spending any of the GSB money this January................

let's be honest

a 3 year deal for Wilshere who hasn't even played 2 full games (minute wise) this season

(that's not to say that won't all pull it together but we really are not getting the best out of this squad atm imvho)
The car is still rolling and rolling into the inevitable ditch in the car crash that is West Ham United FC
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:14 pm transfermkt has him rated @ 45M Euros

let's be honest

This!! GSB aren't going to be giving Pelle much after he has wasted so much on dross. Anderson and Haller are clearly good players (when they want to be), but can also be very lazy and have a "cba" attitute - but if Pelle has pissed them off some how, can't get a tune out of them and can't get them up for games, then it is money wasted and we may as well have stuck with Hernandez.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

This is not the usual January.

Our team has imploded.

The Board surely see that unless big signings are made we will go down.
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

but this is the same team that in the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season was doing so well - everyone was happy with the effort and the results after beating man u with a very deserved win. and then it went tits up?

This is the same group of players (minus Fab, granted) - but what happened after that? we were playing well, getting good results, and then we implode. If Pelle was getting the same group of players to play properly before then why not now?

There is no way GSB is going to give him more money to spend only for the new players to stop playing under Pelle after another 6 weeks!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Universidad-de-Chile wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:44 pm Been linked today again with the Atalanta striker Duvan Zapata....

Arent they playing CL???

At £60m, of course it is, unless it will be funded by the sale of Rice to Man U, which is the only way it'll happen
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

I take your point Kent. Perhaps the start wouldn't have been so impressive if the opponents had realized how vulnerable we were to the kind of pressure that the subsequent teams put on us.