The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ShanghaiHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by ShanghaiHammer »

Balotelli :lol:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

ShanghaiHammer wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:51 pm Balotelli :lol:

that wouldn't work at all because you know how racist our crowd is...we'd only throw bananas at him.. you know like we did at Clyde Best....

:asleep:
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

that wouldn't work at all because you know how racist our crowd is...we'd only throw bananas at him.. you know like we did at Clyde Best....

[/quote]

It was cyrille regis notably, who amused the chicken run crowd by stopping and eating the banana. Several others were also generously offered free fruit
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

hammer1975 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:21 pm :thup:
Reducing the debt = more profit on sale when the clause runs out.
Funny how the trajectory to being totally debtfree seems to tie in time-wise with the lapsing of the LS clause, as well as the extension of a few players contracts beyond that date and, finally, a reduction in transfer budget and wages....

Must just be a coincidence that the accounts must be starting to look like a prime stuffed pig, ripe for maximum owner take home sale value. Assuming we stay up of course.

As the very good and totally objective Swiss Ramble highlighted with his last analysis - talk of our debt being an issue nowadays is overstated as we’re in the bottom half of clubs absolute £ debt-wise and even more healthy versus peers in our debt versus turnover.

Funny how they’ve been keen to reduce the size of their loans since being embarrassed into reducing the extortionate 6-7% rates too. Albeit we remain one of only a few clubs who charge any interest on shareholder loans at all.
The key thing we all need to remember is the loans are shareholder loans, not bank loans. This means that the c**** can pay it back or defer it, unlike banks who either close out security or refinance at much harsher rates, so in that respect we are extremely liquid and healthy from an accounts perspective.

The other point people haven't taken into account is if they do sack Pelle, both he and his staff will be paid monthly until they get new jobs or through to the end of their contract, so its not a lump sum payment as everyone appears to believe, so it therefore does not stretch the purse strings as much.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

goa127 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:30 am that wouldn't work at all because you know how racist our crowd is...we'd only throw bananas at him.. you know like we did at Clyde Best....

It was cyrille regis notably, who amused the chicken run crowd by stopping and eating the banana. Several others were also generously offered free fruit
[/quote]

I was alluding to the fact that (I am pretty sure) Karren Brady in print said that we threw bananas at Clyde Best.

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125824

"West Ham didn't win much (anything) last season until the PFA came along and rated us highest of all the 92 senior clubs for players doing anti-racism and disabilities work," wrote Brady. "I am proud of this - immensely. Proud of all of the other people at the club, who helped the players make this so.

"When you remember that East London was once a hotbed of racism, and a rain of bananas used to greet Bermudan Clyde Best when he first played at Upton Park in the '60s, you understand exactly why the club is so committed and will remain so committed."

johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

She was re-writing history as usual to suit her distorted views. Btw, what exactly does she do for WHUFC for her extortionate salary, other than drag our name further through the mud?
westhamlinnet
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by westhamlinnet »

If brady has said this an absolute disgrace i can remember clyde best playing and i dont remember him being racially abused by west ham supporters. I was always proud of him and west ham for having some of the first black players. No doubt there was some racism towards opponents but why is this woman dragging our name through the dirt and perpetuating a belief that we our racist. This coupled with her column in sun means she is not fit for purpose as an employee of west ham
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

w-h-l

there is no IF about it...it's a quote....I c & p'ed the article and you can follow the KUMB link.

she did indeed say it.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Are any of our problems likely to be solved by promoting from the U23s? Obviously chucking in a teenage keeper or CB wouldn't be great for the kid's confidence, but what about some like Anthony Scully? 13 goals in 13. 20 years old, so not a baby.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Apparently Everton are behind to sign the River Plate second striker Rafael Santos Borré...

Not really a 5 stars goal scorer, but an interessting player for sure.

PS: By the way and .taking about River... What we are not betting for Exequiel Palacios??? He was alongside Gabigol, the second best player on the pitch this game. Ajax are now behind him and could cost about 12-15 m Euro... for a 21 years old player international with Argentina looks this stilll fair to me.
Universidad-de-Chile

ManU, ManC, Liverpool and Chelsea are behind the sign of Kai Harvertz of Bayer Leverkusen...

Cracking player at his (only) 20 years old... but at an insane price tag...

ManC want also Alex Grimaldo from Benfica... another pearl also.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

i'd imagine we'd be 10th choice for a lot of players if not more .
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

if we change the manager to howe then I don't think we will need too much in January and sully will be keen not to spend.

I would expect sanchez to go on a free if we can find any mugs to take him. also get rid of Roberto on a free along with martin.

I would recall diagana Cullen trott to the first team squad. would also add johnson silva holland scully coventry and powell. give them a chance to be coached by howe.

we will need a CM as always and maybe howe could persuade lerma to join him in east london

keeper wise fab will be back and I would hope trott would be number 2.

If we get our wasters to put some effort in and have some new tactics then we may rescue the season to mid table. then next season with howe in charge we could maybe get into top 10 again. hopefully gsb will be leaving in a few years and then the club may progress to this next level thing !
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:49 pm w-h-l

there is no IF about it...it's a quote....I c & p'ed the article and you can follow the KUMB link.

she did indeed say it.
She did and has never apologised for her totally incorrect and slanderous comments.

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2 ... rces-right
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

I really don't get the hate for Sanchez on here from some.
For me, he's generally been "fine" relative to his position in the squad.
In fact, I'd be tempted to start him next match.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

Croydon wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:04 am I really don't get the hate for Sanchez on here from some.
Agree, we looked better when that change was made and don't see that he did anything wrong.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I have been pushing for his inclusion for a while
He is no where near as bad as people make out and will give us much needed balance
He wasn't very good vs Oxford but no one was and plenty of others had plenty of regular football under their belts
unfortunately that mistake vs Wolves [in an otherwise decent performance] will always be on his record

pretty much every time he has come on in a league game he has looked fine, as you would expect with someone with 90 caps for Columbia
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:05 pm I have been pushing for his inclusion for a while
He is no where near as bad as people make out and will give us much needed balance
He wasn't very good vs Oxford but no one was and plenty of others had plenty of regular football under their belts
unfortunately that mistake vs Wolves [in an otherwise decent performance] will always be on his record

pretty much every time he has come on in a league game he has looked fine, as you would expect with someone with 90 caps for Columbia
Thing is he would never get ahead of Rice in that position and nor should he. Pellegrini plays with the one holding midfielder (so far) so unless tactics change, Rice is moved to the back or injured / suspended, he will remain a back up.

He has been ok, nothing outstanding and when he has played I think he has played it safe by passing backwards. Nothing wrong with that, least we keep possession!
There are others I would rather lose from the squad first than him. Convenient scapegoat.
Universidad-de-Chile

Croydon wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:04 am I really don't get the hate for Sanchez on here from some.
+ 4
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Johnny_C WHU wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:10 pm Thing is he would never get ahead of Rice in that position and nor should he. Pellegrini plays with the one holding midfielder (so far) so unless tactics change, Rice is moved to the back or injured / suspended, he will remain a back up.

He has been ok, nothing outstanding and when he has played I think he has played it safe by passing backwards. Nothing wrong with that, least we keep possession!
There are others I would rather lose from the squad first than him. Convenient scapegoat.
That is my point though
He shouldn't replace Rice. He should play alongside Rice
I think he does some things that are needed as a DM better than Rice, especially in the position at the very base of midfield i.e disciplined positioning
Play them both, but give Rice a licence to be a bit more mobile up and down