The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

denzel

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by denzel »

Georgee Paris wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:06 pm How about Kouyate
I miss him.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

fjthegrey wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:03 pm But he can't move.

I mean, he has zero mobility.

You can see we need legs dude. We need athleticism desperately. Getting some static tower in there doesn't add anything we need. We could put Diop in there if we wanted a big lump.

You don't want us to sign Fellaini. You're lying. I don't believe you.
Genuinely, we are so woefully short of central midfielders, I really don't care at this stage.

I'm sure he would not come here as we wouldn't pay anywhere near what he would be earning at this stage, but I've seen us baulk at central midfielders for so long that I wouldn't care.

I was banging the Darren Fletcher drum when he signed for West Brom. He would have made a massive difference here. I would happily have taken Joe Allen (3 years ago) when first linked. We should have fought Bournemouth for Billing, ****, we shouldn't have sold Kouyate or Obiang if we weren't going to replace them.

Yes, I would take Fellaini right now.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:55 pm Lobotka's agents in London.
Napoli are said to have had an £18m bid turned down with Celta Vigo hoping for around £28m .

Back to the Free-Ads for us then .
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Is there any Man Utd player/s that are likely to be available? Moyes 'always' does business with Man Utd. He certainly did at Everton & Sunderland. So I'd wager he will target 1-2 players from them in the next 2 Windows, should he be kept on to work the next summer window too.

I agree unfortunately Sully's beloved loan deals will be back in force. Which was one positive with having Pellers in charge. Moyes won't put up as much of a fight over that.

Maybe he'll target someone from the Championship, but I can see that bring more the summer. But he likes looking at gems from that level, with the likes of Lescott, Cahill, Stones etc coming from there. And has proven to also target players from clubs fighting relegation and have just been relegated, like he did with Baines from Wigan and Jagielka from Sheffield Utd.

He was watching Fulham a lot before he left us. Fredericks was probably one of those players, which of course we already have. But Cairney (unlikely after signing long term contract) and Mitrovic (more next summer) could be 2 to watch.

1 player I'll be gobsmacked doesn't join us is Darren Randolph. I am convinced it is already done and dusted. And that's why he has really disappeared at Middlesbrough. I would've preferred Etheridge more, but even Randolph is an improvement on Roberto!

I actually expect more players to go. I think the owners will try and shift some more players to raise more wages. E.g. Yarmolenko.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

funky chicken wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:10 pm Is there any Man Utd player/s that are likely to be available? Moyes 'always' does business with Man Utd. He certainly did at Everton & Sunderland. So I'd wager he will target 1-2 players from them in the next 2 Windows, should he be kept on to work the next summer window too.

I quite liked the little I've seen of their Right Back , Diogo Dalot , he's not featured much at all this season , is he injured ? - cost £19m from Portugal .
Another who has been on the periphery and sent on loan to Crystal Palace then Fulham is Fosu-Mensah [ CB , RB and DM ] who they signed from Ajax in 2014 . Might be useful but no better than what we have I'd guess .
denzel

Post by denzel »

Turns to Stone wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:09 pm We should have fought Bournemouth for Billing, ****,
Like you, I'd have been happy with Fletcher and Allen at the time. But Billing is under some serious criticism at Bournemouth currently, he's been awful for them. Huddersfield fans round here were happy to see the back of him too. Very lazy player apparently.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Pellegrini was pushing hard for Gabigol apparently, will be interesting to see if that completely drops off.

Much like with McGinn I would imagine Moyes has been keeping an eye on players these past few months.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Stoke fans begging for us to sign Joe Allen.

We’re not really going to do it are we?
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I would offer Sanchez to QPR for free..........providing they keep Hugill
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Aceface wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:46 pm Stoke fans begging for us to sign Joe Allen.

It would be a step up for him... going from a terrible team to a slightly less terrible one.

Seriously though, I can't believe he's gone from putting in decent performances for Liverpool to not being able to cut it at the lower end of the Championship in 3 years. I think he's a good player playing for a crap team, his motivation is probably at a career low, and he needs/wants a move away. He may even be living in Stoke which on its own is enough to depress anyone.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

After diops car-crash performance v Leicester I'd REALLY love to know if those £50m offers were just paper talk. That was the worst centre back performance since gary breen. That's 5 Hugills he could buy!
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Apparently Moyes wants a hard-running, aggressive midfielder. Only taken him 5 mins to see what Pellers hasn't in 18 months...
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 282 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

miles wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:17 pm Apparently Moyes wants a hard-running, aggressive midfielder. Only taken him 5 mins to see what Pellers hasn't in 18 months...
I daresay Pellegrini did see it, but our illustrious chairman decided not to fund it because he wanted to recoup the outlay of the previous summer window.

IMO Pellegrini stopped caring after the realisation dawned that gold and sullivan are more interested in their net worth than running a football club.

It will interesting to see how much cash they make available to Moyes this window to address the all to clear deficiencies in the starting 11 and squad as a whole.

If they do, begs the question why didn't they support Pellegrini last summer window instead of selling Arnautovic, Hernandez, Perez, Obiang and co and leaving him with a threadbare squad lacking in quality in certain areas. IMO just another example of the board looking at the £'s and just getting by on the premier league gravy train and not having any kind of long term vision or philosophy to build the club and thereby increase it's value that way. Personally, I am not expecting any major investment this window, just the usual loans with an option to buy.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 364 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Georgee Paris wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:06 pm How about Kouyate
I hope that's a suggestion for Orient. He was dire in his last two seasons here - only interested when he could charge upfield.
Turns to Stone wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:09 pm we shouldn't have sold Kouyate or Obiang if we weren't going to replace them.
Indeed, and also Fernandes, although we were right to sell them. I think Rice, Sanchez and Wilshere were viewed as their replacements.
thejackhammer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:44 pm Pellegrini was pushing hard for Gabigol apparently, will be interesting to see if that completely drops off.
That sounds like a typical Pellegrini transfer move - we're desperately short in centre mid, we need a Premier level back up keeper, we need defenders, fullbacks/wingbacks yet Pellers pushes for another forward.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Aceface wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:46 pm Stoke fans begging for us to sign Joe Allen.

Moyes’ no1 target according to The Guardian.

For £12m.

Drink it in, lads. Drink it in.
umweb
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by umweb »

I don't think we need to bring in anyone.

with moyes we most likely won't be relegated so we should be happy with this.
Hindley Hammer
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Hindley Hammer »

Recall Hughill. it will be like a new signing
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Crossd_Hammrs wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:49 pm
That sounds like a typical Pellegrini transfer move - we're desperately short in centre mid, we need a Premier level back up keeper, we need defenders, fullbacks/wingbacks yet Pellers pushes for another forward.
That mentality of forwards over all else has been going on at West Ham long before Pellers arrived.

It's the reason we don't have Dendonker or William Carvalho.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Sangarè from Toulouse remains the lad who would transform our entire season

But it’s gonna be Fellaini
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

steps wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:18 pm Moyes’ no1 target according to The Guardian.

For £12m.

Drink it in, lads. Drink it in.
I like the idea of someone looking at our midfield and deciding what’s really missing is a second Mark Noble.

And when I say ‘like’ I mean it makes me want to speed past Moyes’ gaff with the window down and yell TRANSFER ****er.