The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Turns to Stone »

Aceface wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:40 pm I like the idea of someone looking at our midfield and deciding what’s really missing is a second Mark Noble.

And when I say ‘like’ I mean it makes me want to speed past Moyes’ gaff with the window down and yell TRANSFER ****er.
"I'm looking for a midfield three of Noble, Joe Allen and Leon Britton.

Try and reduce the energy and power that we already have."
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Don’t forget the age-related lack of resale value!!11

Critical for a January purchase.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Ive always thought joe allen was overrated BUT I'm not surprised he's struggled in the championship. HIs type of short pass and move game just doesn't happen down there. I'm not sure he'd improve our midfield tremendously, but he would allow us a different choice.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

goa127 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:51 pm Ive always thought joe allen was overrated BUT I'm not surprised he's struggled in the championship. HIs type of short pass and move game just doesn't happen down there. I'm not sure he'd improve our midfield tremendously, but he would allow us a different choice.
The sad truth is, that pretty much any central midfielder that you could mention, would currently improve us.

They only have to be better than Sanchez and fitter than Wilshere. That's the pond we're fishing in.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

One for the summer, but I would ****ing love us to get Aaron Mooy when his loan to Brighton expires. Someone who runs his bo||ox off for the team - a Moyes type player.

Perhaps a lazy comparison, him being anther Aussie, but he reminds me of Tim Cahill.
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:55 pm Lobotka's agents in London.
Hes toilet.

I dunno understand some of you sometimes...

Paqueta could also be toilet, but at least he played in AC Milan and Sao Paulo, 2 powerhorses and its international with Brazil

Lobokta only played in a mediocre spanish side and thats it...

Their fans site on him confirm it
Universidad-de-Chile

Somehow the Celta fans confirm it:

25m Euro + 5m Euro in bonuses... Crazy.. :P :| ... just crazy...

Lobotka to Napoli ..

https://foro.delcelta.com/viewtopic.php ... start=3980
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Now Moyes is in, how about a bid for Callum McGregor? Celtic's Player of the Year and an excellent midfielder. Rodgers has tried to lure him to Leicester, but perhaps he would fancy the chance to player for a proper big team.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

i genuinely like that chile has been on this board long enough to start using toilet as an adjective.
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 422 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

There won't be any budget for quality signings, so loan market will be where we're looking. So Xakha etc
Universidad-de-Chile

Beavis Danzig wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:43 pm i genuinely like that chile has been on this board long enough to start using toilet as an adjective.
Haha... :thup:

Im a sponge, man... (not Bobby too!)

I just take a look outside and absorbe and take with me many things I collect in my "digital soul"...

:D
daveyboymarra

Post by daveyboymarra »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:37 pm Now Moyes is in, how about a bid for Callum McGregor? Celtic's Player of the Year and an excellent midfielder. Rodgers has tried to lure him to Leicester, but perhaps he would fancy the chance to player for a proper big team.
Would rather us sign Ajer or Édouard from then
Universidad-de-Chile

e17 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:38 pm Sangarè from Toulouse remains the lad who would transform our entire season
Him or the other mf guy, Touré...

:thup:

PS: I take even McGregor over Lobotka (whos mentally weak)...
Last edited by Universidad-de-Chile on Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

daveyboymarra wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:50 pm Would rather us sign Ajer or Édouard from then
Really? I just think McGregor would fill a spot where we are really short. I guess we are light up front too, but Giroud would actually be a decent signing in that position.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:43 pm i genuinely like that chile has been on this board long enough to start using toilet as an adjective.
Was about to post the same thing, cannot wait to see what else he picks up. Mentioning Eidur's medical or parts of the Carrick deal would be a joyous sight
Universidad-de-Chile

Wilko1304 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:52 pm Was about to post the same thing, cannot wait to see what else he picks up. Mentioning Eidur's medical or parts of the Carrick deal would be a joyous sight
Keep it coming, my english "teacher"... :D
NedN
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by NedN »

Wilko1304 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:52 pm Was about to post the same thing, cannot wait to see what else he picks up. Mentioning Eidur's medical or parts of the Carrick deal would be a joyous sight
Don’t forget SWP’s medical!!!
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

NedN wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:10 pm Don’t forget SWP’s medical!!!
Don't over complicate things Ned, the end result will be less inflatables.
Universidad-de-Chile

Italian Hammer wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:28 pm I daresay Pellegrini did see it, but our illustrious chairman decided not to fund it because he wanted to recoup the outlay of the previous summer window.

IMO Pellegrini stopped caring after the realisation dawned that gold and sullivan are more interested in their net worth than running a football club.

It will interesting to see how much cash they make available to Moyes this window to address the all to clear deficiencies in the starting 11 and squad as a whole.

If they do, begs the question why didn't they support Pellegrini last summer window instead of selling Arnautovic, Hernandez, Perez, Obiang and co and leaving him with a threadbare squad lacking in quality in certain areas. IMO just another example of the board looking at the £'s and just getting by on the premier league gravy train and not having any kind of long term vision or philosophy to build the club and thereby increase it's value that way. Personally, I am not expecting any major investment this window, just the usual loans with an option to buy.
Bingo!

Actually Pelle loses his job as he gave up imho not to get Maripan (lor a new experienced CB) and someone in the middle, a b2b mf tank alongside Rice... Pulgar or any others...

Hes was just left alone standing by the board... and thats exactly also why he sacked Pelle and the others... because they do not want to really invest...
Longaz
Has liked: 1385 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

e17 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:38 pm Sangarè from Toulouse remains the lad who would transform our entire season

But it’s gonna be Fellaini
Yep, I've been saying this for at least a year, would provide us with a bit of presence in the midfield, would immediately half Rice's workload and allow our attacking midfielders to err....attack