The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Brown Sauce »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:31 pm Joe Allen is proven PL quality. Gedson has that to prove.
“Quality” is very subjective. He’s played in the PL that’s a fact.
We could be signing the next Rui Costa and he’d have no PL experience. Doesn’t seem to be putting spurs off.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Joe Allen is pretty much where we are now, our sort of signing. Also Randolph would be a terrible signing, we couldn't wait for Adrian to return during Slav's last season because of his howlers. O well, at least Moyes will probably get us back into the PL in 1 season.
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: trolling see user notes
Rozzop
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Rozzop »

Why do we always overpay on wages?

How much is Reid on? Wilshere? Noble? I read Lanzini is on 100k a week? Surely not.

The decision making from board level in the signing and wages on the likes of Reid, Carroll, Noble, Wilshere, Zabaleta etc is truly terrible.

Nobody has a crystal ball and can predict future injuries but why are we the club to give over the hill or injury prone players massive contracts.

Zabaleta declined sharply after the 2014 world cup. That was 6 years ago. It was evident his legs werent what they were even then.

Reid was always injury prone and I never personally rated him that highly to begin with. 6 year contract?

Carroll was a complete mess of a transfer. Add Joe Hart to the list. Another player who was a shadow of his former self.

The owners really need to take responsibility. Payet was a great signing. How many others were great? Arnie maybe. Fabianski when he is fit. Lanzini a bargain at the time. Cresswell did a job but has needed upgrading for many seasons now.

In the meantime we have had over ten years of Matt Jarvis, Masuaku, Maiga, Roger Johnson.

Really terrible signings.

Now we are linked with Allen, Randolph, Etheridge etc hardly next level is it.

I envy the likes of Wolves, Leicester, Everton etc teams we should be similar to but instead are miles off in terms of squad quality.

We should be getting the likes of Bowen, Watkins, Berge. Eze etc and then doubling their transfer value in a year or two. Instead its Joe Allen.

Cant wait til they are gone.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:45 pm Joe Allen is pretty much where we are now, our sort of signing. Also Randolph would be a terrible signing, we couldn't wait for Adrian to return during Slav's last season because of his howlers. O well, at least Moyes will probably get us back into the PL in 1 season.
Don't think so, squad is too weak. However, that is what they will be hoping, because that is what we have normally done, but that is now a very different league than we were last in it. It is now much stronger and you need to be on your game, twice a week every week, for 9 long months and there will be a whole host of teams lying in wait to ambush us
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Rozzop wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:59 pm Why do we always overpay on wages?
Joe's only on a reported £50kpw... so that's good...
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:45 pm Joe Allen is pretty much where we are now, our sort of signing. Also Randolph would be a terrible signing, we couldn't wait for Adrian to return during Slav's last season because of his howlers. O well, at least Moyes will probably get us back into the PL in 1 season.
I’m of the genuine opinion that Slav’s reluctance to put Adrian back in for Randolph was the beginning of the end of his time as WHU boss

Randolph looked broken by the time he was finally dropped
e17

Post by e17 »

Personally think Joe Allen would at least offer something to watching the time lapse that is our current midfield

You could put Martin, Paul or Clive in there and we couldn’t get much more crab like
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

My_Sobriquet wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:47 pm This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Ha ha trolling because I said this thread wasn’t being moderated :lol:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

e17 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:15 pm Personally think Joe Allen would at least offer something to watching the time lapse that is our current midfield

You could put Martin, Paul or Clive in there and we couldn’t get much more crab like
I truly believe our central midfield , without Rice, would get murdered in the championship.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

My_Sobriquet wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:18 pm Ha ha trolling because I said this thread wasn’t being moderated :lol:
No trolling because your only point of posting was to have a dig at the site and this thread in particular. As usual your only contribution to this site is to criticise it. Perhaps if you spent as much time on debating you might improve the thread?
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

We won't sign anyone that will improve this squad. Simple as that,

Cover for positions with long term, injury prone positions maybe with loans... Honestly i wouldnt get your hopes up! Moyes was brought in to keep us in the league, and the money in the cu**s pockets and thats it.

Pay day for moyes, pay day for the dildo brothers. Job done as far as the club are concerned
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

the pink palermo wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:43 pm

Haller, Rice, Fornals, Anderson are the jewels, Balbuena, Ogboonna, Snodgrass the jouneymen, the 5 Academy lads, future punts.

Providing Fabianski can prove he is ok long term in terms of fitness, he's in the same group as the other Jewels.

To those I would add in the summer 5 first team starters and 5 fillers.Between now and then I'd limp along rather than fritter away money on more shyte.

The season's gone.
Haller would be the player I would look to sell if I had to raise funds. Not now, but in the Summer and if I could get my money back
e17

Post by e17 »

bubbles1966 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:19 pm I truly believe our central midfield , without Rice, would get murdered in the championship.
Agreed Bubs - There’s so little pace or movement
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

Unfortunately we will have to go much lower than Allen,because we cannot afford him.
My guess is that, unless we sell someone, we will be getting club info about how clise to full fitness Wilshere is and Moyes is more than happy with the squad!!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Gagliardini.

We've reached that stage of scouting where we are trawling the big Euro-clubs reserve teams , haven't we?
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Maybe Joe Allen is where we are but as Sheffield Utd have shown you can do well with a collection of average players. So far the window has been an eye opener, I think we all need to adjust ourselves to our new level, do away with optimism and settle for the new pessimistic outlook prior to each and every game. The positive side is the wins will feel much more exciting and will be more appreciated
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:28 pm Haller would be the player I would look to sell if I had to raise funds. Not now, but in the Summer and if I could get my money back
Haller would more than likely thrive playing with better players. To be fair he wins a lot of aerial duals and players running off him would benefit
My_Sobriquet

Post by My_Sobriquet »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:24 pm No trolling because your only point of posting was to have a dig at the site and this thread in particular. As usual your only contribution to this site is to criticise it. Perhaps if you spent as much time on debating you might improve the thread?
“As usual”?

I’ve been coming on here for a long, long time Bristol. You could comfortably count on one hand how many times I’ve criticised it. The last 6 pages have been a mess, the comment about the server was a joke which is why I put the laughing emoji after it.

Jesus...
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:24 pm Perhaps if you spent as much time on debating you might improve the thread?
To be honest I'm none too chuffed getting home from work, opening the thread and finding most of the last few pages is a discussion on who Pinky would like to sell. Would rather that had its own thread that I could've ignored.