The January Transfer Window 2020

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Post Reply
User avatar
Aceface
Posts: 11836
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 am
Location: Blighty

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Aceface » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:33 am

rigoberts song wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 am
As sure as day follows night West Brom will beat us its the West Ham way.
That 0-4 defeat last time we played them in a cup ranks as perhaps the single most 'oof, that stings' defeat under Allardyce.

If nothing else, whatever happens it won't feel as bad as that did.

User avatar
Graza
Posts: 2144
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Graza » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:44 am

Aceface wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:33 am
That 0-4 defeat last time we played them in a cup ranks as perhaps the single most 'oof, that stings' defeat under Allardyce.

If nothing else, whatever happens it won't feel as bad as that did.
High flying confident forest 5 West Ham kids playing in a formation none of them had ever played before and being fed to the woodchippper by an arrogant **** who just wanted to silence the give the kids a chance brigade 0 still goes down as the biggest betrayal by the fat one.

User avatar
Aceface
Posts: 11836
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 am
Location: Blighty

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Aceface » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:01 pm

That one was more embarrassing, but didn't feel remotely as sore.

We were one defeat in nine going into the West Brom game and they were in a relegation battle. It would also have put us in an easily winnable quarter final against Villa. Probably a better chance than even 2016 of making the final.

User avatar
Graza
Posts: 2144
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Graza » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:14 pm

Aceface wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:01 pm
That one was more embarrassing, but didn't feel remotely as sore.

We were one defeat in nine going into the West Brom game and they were in a relegation battle. It would also have put us in an easily winnable quarter final against Villa. Probably a better chance than even 2016 of making the final.
The sacrificing of tradition and sneering at the fan base was the absolute pits. It showed exactly what he and by extension the board who tolerated it thought of us.

I do agree that the West Brom game was also a low that would have been avoided in a competent club.

User avatar
Hugh Jargon II
Posts: 3727
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Hugh Jargon II » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:30 pm

iLoveLasagne wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:05 am
Depending on how the result and protest goes, do people think players would be even more wary of joining?

Good point. However. This is desperate times and to obtain good ethical ownership we may pay a terrible price.
Yep. I'm talking relegation. Might be a price worth paying. For what it's worth here is my pointed pledges.
1. Unite fan base against David Sullivans corrupt and unethical management of the club.
2. Sustained coordinated protests. This may include on pitch activity involving thousands of protesters.
3. Aim for club to be put up for sale.
4. Accept relegation(s) and maintain attendance regardless.
5. Club will be sold.
7. Start again.
8. Sustain strong attendances achieving promotion.
9. Redevelopment of Olympic stadium
10. Champions league by 2035.

No. I haven't taken my tablets yet.

Pardon?

User avatar
iLoveLasagne
Posts: 2373
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:17 am

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by iLoveLasagne » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:54 pm

I mean, sure there are always mercenaries and those looking to put themselves in the shop window on a short deal. But any player and their agent who isn't stupid will hopefully soon see that we are a club in disarray. A promising player wouldn't want to place jeopardise their future by coming here surely. Expect more Patrice Evras and Samir Nasris then. But if it is a means to an end, then good. :thup:

User avatar
ageing hammer
Posts: 19825
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Cockney Hammer's stunt double

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by ageing hammer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:03 pm

rigoberts song wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 am
As sure as day follows night West Brom will beat us its the West Ham way.

If we can't beat a championship side at home what chance will we have next season

User avatar
Macca1973
Posts: 2866
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Macca1973 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:38 pm

According to footy new website Football League World West Ham have ended their interest in Joe Allen. So just Darren Randolph it is then. Imagine watching West Ham for the last four months and thinking 'they only need a back up goalkeeper!' :shock:

User avatar
PlaistowIron
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 4:53 pm
Location: East London...

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by PlaistowIron » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:41 pm

Macca1973 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:38 pm
According to footy new website Football League World West Ham have ended their interest in Joe Allen. So just Darren Randolph it is then. Imagine watching West Ham for the last four months and thinking 'they only need a back up goalkeeper!' :shock:
We have twice as many keepers than we do strikers.

Outrageous.

Online
YorksHammer
Posts: 3849
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by YorksHammer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:44 pm

Worth having a look at the players with contracts expiring soon.

Patrick Burner. 22 year old Nice right back, contract expiring in the summer. There first choice right back for most of this season. Not sure what the deal is with his contract situation, but that's the sort of player I'd like to see us look at.

Fosu-Mensah's contract is also expiring in the summer, might be worth a look - although he's just on the comeback trail from a cruciate injury, I think.

Also, have a look at Nampalys Mendy from Leicester. Same situation as the two above, contract expiring in the summer, and surely set to move on.

They might not set pulses racing in the way that some signing would (Sangare, Berge, Lozaro) but they'd be good signings for us in two positions where we could use them.

ashbanki
Posts: 2991
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 9:34 am

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by ashbanki » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:28 pm

Looks increasing like Moyes is going **** or bust for "couldn't defend for toffees" Ross Barkley!

User avatar
damo
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:42 pm

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by damo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:28 pm

Sport Witness

West Ham man set for Spain move – Loan agreed, deal to be finalised on Monday

West Ham United goalkeeper Roberto Jiménez is set to return to Spain, with a deal in place for him to move to Alavés on loan.

The Hammers completed the signing of Darren Randolph this week, bringing the Republic of Ireland international back from Middlesbrough in a £4m deal.

His return pushed Roberto further down the pecking order at the club, and West Ham have now sanctioned the Spaniard’s departure.

The goalkeeper has come in for stern criticism this season, with a series of disappointing performances when he stood in for the injured Łukasz Fabiański.

He is now set to leave, with AS reporting that a deal has been agreed for him to spend the second half of the campaign on loan on loan with Alavés.

According to the newspaper, the deal will be finalised next Monday, with the Spanish side targeting the West Ham man as a replacement for Antonio Sivera, who has gone on loan to Almeria.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/west-ham-man- ... ed-monday/

Sawbo
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:45 am

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Sawbo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:36 pm

:tune: 6
damo wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:28 pm
Sport Witness

West Ham man set for Spain move – Loan agreed, deal to be finalised on Monday

West Ham United goalkeeper Roberto Jiménez is set to return to Spain, with a deal in place for him to move to Alavés on loan.

The Hammers completed the signing of Darren Randolph this week, bringing the Republic of Ireland international back from Middlesbrough in a £4m deal.

His return pushed Roberto further down the pecking order at the club, and West Ham have now sanctioned the Spaniard’s departure.

The goalkeeper has come in for stern criticism this season, with a series of disappointing performances when he stood in for the injured Łukasz Fabiański.

He is now set to leave, with AS reporting that a deal has been agreed for him to spend the second half of the campaign on loan on loan with Alavés.

According to the newspaper, the deal will be finalised next Monday, with the Spanish side targeting the West Ham man as a replacement for Antonio Sivera, who has gone on loan to Almeria.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/west-ham-man- ... ed-monday/
Please let this be true 🙏🙏

User avatar
ageing hammer
Posts: 19825
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Cockney Hammer's stunt double

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by ageing hammer » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Make sure he doesn't drop the flipping pen

User avatar
il_martello_di_genovesi
Posts: 10778
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: genova è solo blucerchiata.

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:44 pm

According to the Daily Star, we were offered Lazaro and Vecino on loan, but aren’t interested. An upgrade on what we have in 2 positions of need so don’t know how true that is. Also says we have no interest in Joe Allen.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dail ... 298928.amp

User avatar
duncanio
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by duncanio » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:46 pm

Peaches wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:56 am
I actually think there is a decent chance we get Barkley. Chelsea have Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount, Willian, Hudson-0doi, and Pulisic in midfield or attacking midfield roles ahead of Barkley. Loftus-Cheek I ready to return from injury and will also be ahead of Barkley, and Chelsea are said to be close to signing Boubakry Soumare ( who I said we should sign this time last year when his contract was running down). Barkley isn’t a panacea or even the exact type of midfielder we need, but he is an upgrade on Lanzini, and pretty much the player we need Lanzini to be. Barkley isn’t as mercurial or magical as an in form Lanzini, but he is much more robust, Lanzini shares too many characteristics (both good and bad) with Anderson and Fornals, both of whom have surpassed Lanzini, who along with Yarmolenko is now too much of a luxury.
Had an irrational dislike for Barkley as he was rated so highly from an early age, I'm like that but actually think he'd be a really good addition.
Isn't he a sick note though?

User avatar
swash
Posts: 2940
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:30 pm
Location: Behind the Wall of Sleep

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by swash » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:51 pm

ashbanki wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:28 pm
Looks increasing like Moyes is going **** or bust for "couldn't defend for toffees" Ross Barkley!
According to Lampard he is staying put, only Giroud likely to leave in this window

User avatar
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Posts: 25929
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm
Location: Westham Way

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Puff Daddy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:52 pm

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:44 pm
According to the Daily Star, we were offered Lazaro and Vecino on loan, but aren’t interested. An upgrade on what we have in 2 positions of need so don’t know how true that is. Also says we have no interest in Joe Allen.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dail ... 298928.amp

I can only think we are not interested in Vecino because he is not in his late 30's and doesn't have two arthritic knees

User avatar
duncanio
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by duncanio » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:56 pm

Hugh Jargon II wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:30 pm
Good point. However. This is desperate times and to obtain good ethical ownership we may pay a terrible price.
Yep. I'm talking relegation. Might be a price worth paying. For what it's worth here is my pointed pledges.
1. Unite fan base against David Sullivans corrupt and unethical management of the club.
2. Sustained coordinated protests. This may include on pitch activity involving thousands of protesters.
3. Aim for club to be put up for sale.
4. Accept relegation(s) and maintain attendance regardless.
5. Club will be sold.
7. Start again.
8. Sustain strong attendances achieving promotion.
9. Redevelopment of Olympic stadium
10. Champions league by 2035.

No. I haven't taken my tablets yet.

Pardon?
Take them... Not the claret and blue ones.

User avatar
NedN
Posts: 830
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:03 am
Location: New York, USA

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by NedN » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:05 pm

ageing hammer wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:41 pm
Make sure he doesn't drop the flipping pen
He elected to try to punch it away, even as they were gently handing it to him

Post Reply