The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Re: The January Transfer Window 2020

Post by Turns to Stone »

I think looking at the bigger picture isn't the right thing now to be honest. We have 14 games left and we need to win at least 5 of them to stay up.

It took Pablo Fornals 6 months to get used to the pace of the Premier League. Right now, we need one full-back, one central midfielder and one striker who can come in and start immediately. Who can turn up, play on Saturday, be up to speed and can help us win the 5 games that are needed.

I would love for us to be fishing in a pond where we were shopping for 21 year-olds who could slowly bed in whilst our solid midfield and back four take care of business, but we can't do that. We can never do that because of our transfer and our managerial policy. We're constantly looking for sticky plasters to slap onto things that are ****ed. And if they do happen to work for a couple of weeks, we just pull them off anyway because we think, oh f*** it, it will probably be alright.

We do need Sander Berge in my opinion, but we also need Nzonzi or Joe Allen because of the situation we find ourselves in. And that shouldn't be the case, we should have a plan. And it shouldn't be, maybe Jack Wilshere's knee will suddenly heal. Or, well I suppose Snodgrass could probably play there is all else fails. It's a ****ing joke.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

:fsake: u
ageing hammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:25 pm If (or when) we lose the next few it will be perfect timing as the window shuts to be second bottom, that will attract players alright,
you stupid prick Sullivan
That didn't stop Redknapp spunking Tony Fernandes's money when his QPR team were bottom of the Premier League pile. Although, when they went down the followiing May, he quickly did a runner
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Southminster Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:18 am So getting 2/3 players on loan would probably only mean one of them would be a success if we're lucky?
Or conversely a good chance that you get at least 1 probably 2 contributors, which is all you really need to get for a loan to be successful. I'd say we'd take at least 6, probably 8 of those results this season given how dire the bench looks. We don't need one of the successes (players we either bought or kept multiple years who were top players) we just need players who can play mediocre football when called upon.
Phil Parkes' Gloves
Has liked: 1122 likes
Total likes: 305 likes

Post by Phil Parkes' Gloves »

Turns to Stone wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:34 pm Or, well I suppose Snodgrass could probably play there is all else fails. It's a ****ing joke.
Orwell is about right.

We've been living through a West Ham dystopia for a decade now.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Macca1973 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:15 am Also linked with Matty Cash, right back at Nottm Forest this morning.
Interest for cash? Can’t wait for the announcement:

We had to follow through in our interest for Cash, it’s illegal not to.
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

Depressing thought though it is, I suspect that, for all their faults, the Husillos windows will soon be looked back on like a lost golden age.

I just don't see who is going to be buying into project Sulli-Moyes, other than mercenaries and journeymen.
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:11 pm Most of the NZonzi talk originates from Turkish press... and when was the last time they got anything right?
He cant get in their starting 11 right now. Must want him gone!!
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

one of the more irritating factors is that our midfield has been massively problematic for years and the owners were gifted an £80m-odd solution to half of it from the youth academy, and only needed to fill in the rest.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

we just havent got a clue what to do , its a real blockbuster
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Macca1973 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:14 pm Didn't Moyes say just the other day 'no more cast offs'? 'Players for the future, the next 3 or 4 years'? What the f*ck is Nzonzi then :eh:
Our one scout is going to be very busy then if/when we get relegated.
Nzonzi and/or Allen would be about the best we can get at this stage if the club want to stay in the PL, but I don’t think they do,
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

chigwells finest wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:25 pm i dont want us to go , because i believe it will be a very long road back , however i think we are nailed on to drop as the squad is paper thin in most places and p*** poor everywhere else , 1 player brought back because Boro want him off the wage bill , its a dereliction of duty on the boards part .

truly disgraceful
Sums the situation up perfectly :thup:
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

wormley wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:33 pm Prob already been mentioned but with the sale of Samuelson to Hull and the return of Randolph in lieu of monies owed by Boro that likely puts Sulli into profit this window.
He's loving it :lol:
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

Any Scott Parker type players/characters around?

Didn't we once sign LBM, Lucas Neill, Upson and Scott Parker (and maybe Dyer?) in Jan?

Depends how much you want it, I guess.
NedN
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by NedN »

What blows my mind, is that our owners, who are so wrapped up in their own ego and constantly shouting about how brilliant they are in an almost trumpian fashion, seem to be pretty nonplussed with the prospect of relegation, which after our profits and move to the new stadium would make them look like complete idiots...

It’s like their tightness with cash and egos are directly in conflict, and the former is winning.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Croydon wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:40 pm Any Scott Parker type players/characters around?

Didn't we once sign LBM, Lucas Neill, Upson and Scott Parker (and maybe Dyer?) in Jan?

No more shortarses, please. A not insignificant reason we are always in the brown stuff
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:45 pm No more shortarses, please. A not insignificant reason we are always in the brown stuff
Barcelona dominated world football with a team full of shortarses. The two greatest ever, Maradona and Messi, are short!
NedN
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by NedN »

Croydon wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:40 pm Any Scott Parker type players/characters around?

The brutal irony is that back in 06-07, we brought in Neill, Upson, and Davenport for about 12 million pounds (I think) all in the same window. I’m not sure what that amount is in today’s money, but it’s already almost more than we’ve spent for our entire current defense (Diop aside) even without adjusting
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

All this stuff about our number of scouts, with companies like WyScout & Scout7 you don’t really ‘need’ a big scouting team.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Nzonzi and Allen. Are we trying to recreate Stoke? Albeit several years older and slower.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

chigwells finest wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:58 pm we just havent got a clue what to do , its a real blockbuster
Sulli's gotta be caught, he's gotta be taught
'Cos he's more evil than anyone here ever thought