The January Transfer Window 2020

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

djbubbles
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 112 likes

Re: January

Post by djbubbles »

Id give Michael O Neill from Northern Ireland a go if we replace Pellegrini. Wrong timing, as Stoke are on his tail right now
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Eduardo looked good earlier and I like nctham

Morelos has got to get a 30 mil move surely, doesn't stop scoring and goals asside great work ethic, a nightmare for defenders like an on form Diego Costa
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Roby wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:07 pm Didn’t see the game this week but he looked good in the first group match against Liverpool and had an excellent headed goal wrongly ruled out.

Same build and running style as Enner Valencia though, they also have a good Japanese player, not sure he’d dislodge Lanzini or Fornals but certainly looks decent for them.
Thanks, mate, always a pleasure to talk about football with you, sir.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Newcastle are being linked with Xhaka in January.

I'd rather us sign him, even if its just to halt an fmgod meltdown.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Can't see him going Newcastle from bother sides, maybe a loan at a massive push. Due to wages, transfer fee etc

To be honest, I think he'll end up in Serie A or back in Germany, unless he really likes London life
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ChzMff »

fmgod wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:32 pmMorelos has got to get a 30 mil move surely, doesn't stop scoring and goals asside great work ethic, a nightmare for defenders like an on form Diego Costa
I put him forward as a target in the summer. I’ve only seen bits and bobs but he will run the channels all day and won’t give the defence a second. Do you really think he would be going for £30 mill though?
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Has Morelos sorted out his ill discipline from last season? 16 yellows and five reds (three straight, two from a pair of yellows) last season. That's the only question mark I'd have over him based on the last season and a half, but also the thing that will keep his value down a bit, I imagine.
thejackhammer wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:54 am Newcastle are being linked with Xhaka in January.

I'd rather us sign him, even if its just to halt an fmgod meltdown.
Xhaka's going to be linked to everyone for January right now. It seems he's not wanted/doesn't want to be at Arsenal, we're still two months away from the window, and the sports writers have pages to fill. I imagine every day there will be 100-200 words in at least one paper linking Xhaka with *insert a club* then detailing him being out of favour and why.
Universidad-de-Chile

We were again linked with the 22 years old Leganés (la Liga) striker Youssef En-Nesyri... international with Morocco, 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youssef_En-Nesyri

I do not want to contradict myself (as I said we need pacy and through lines wingers/strikers), but I`m not 100% sure about this player.

His buy clause is cheap (12 M Euro according Transfermarkt), yes... and he shot to box a lot and he´s the fighting type of player with a very good rate at aerial duels won...

But Haller has it also and we are still sitting in the downside half of the table and does not help us a lot.

Youssef En-Nesyri has many shots per game, yes, but mostly not on target or within a bad convertion ratio... as hes not really prolific as a striker...

So, I have y strong doubts on him. :arry:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/32354 ... -En-Nesyri

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/youssef ... ler/433049
leer34
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by leer34 »

Sorting the slowest midfield in the league has been a priority for a few years now.
If pell doesnt at least try and sort this in January he wont last the season.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Morelos £30 Million? Hahahahaha.

Always good for a laugh this site.
Universidad-de-Chile

In this vid with Málaga (but, 2 spanish Division!!) and some with Morocco (Qualifications games too) Youssef En-Nesyri looks much better... (Almost better than Samatta... but in the same path of a player)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuSw2G1oIYU

Hes fast, tricky, has a lot of pace and passing, good header, he can shot with both feets... looks like an interessting player. maybe a raw diamant, if he lays in the right hands..
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we need one player a box 2 box CM who is around 22-25 years athletic, fast and hard working. 20-30m

we don't need giroud on a free and massive wages for 2 years.

time to close the west ham retirement home .
BostonHammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by BostonHammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:23 pm we need one player a box 2 box CM who is around 22-25 years athletic, fast and hard working. 20-30m
Will never happen. Club has to be sold and then we'll start seeing ambition in January.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

As a wild card option I'd look at The ball winning young scouse lad who tore us a new one in the carabao cup Branagan and the pacy forward who came on at the end. Both relatively cheap and not moody light weight
Imports from abroad.
Moreover they will have great sell on value .
Universidad-de-Chile

hammerman11 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:23 pm we need one player a box 2 box CM who is around 22-25 years athletic, fast and hard working. 20-30m

I agreed 10000%...

BUT, it looks like it will not happen ( = board) / or Pelle is sattisfied with what is there available.

Gary Medel (I know, you dont like him, fair enough) went for 2 M Euro to Bologna this summer...

Ok, hes old, BUT still... 2 M??? :evil:

And hes better than C. Sanchez, believe me. (whats actually not that hard to be)

Even, if not, there are a LOT of others... (and not only from Southamerica)
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Agreed, but I don't think he necessarily has to be young. An experienced player in the Patrick Vieira mould would be just the ticket for me, always, of course, providing he has been injury free
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

I don’t want to piss on people’s dreams of us going out splashing the cash, but what historical moment are people holding where Sully has ever given his manager cash to go shopping apart from buying snoody and that Portuguese fella with the payer money, when we were in the ****?

Bearing in mind that his mates in the press are telling everyone we’re skint again.
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

Being linked with Samatta?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

kenthammer1984 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:55 pm Being linked with Samatta?
not Watt Samatta ?

I'll get me coat....
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:57 pm not Watt Samatta ?

No , his lesser known brother , Mbwana , not sure what the M stands for , when I met him back in 1963 along with Bob Hope he just said .........' Call Me Bwana ' so I did .