Weekend Fixtures 1-3rd November

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

fmgod

Re: Weekend Fixtures 25-27th October

Post by fmgod » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:52 pm

Patito wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:44 am
You’re really going to die on that hill, huh? :D
Suppose, Wenger, Emery, Lucien Favre are wrong then? And the Arsenal team mates that voted him captain.

Football and opinions, hey.....................

fmgod

Post by fmgod » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:54 pm

Team to play Arsenal: Kelleher, Williams, Gomez, Van Den Berg, Milner, Lallana, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Elliott, Origi, Brewster.

Subs: Adrian, Jones, Kane, Larouci, Chirivella, Clarkson, Koumetio.

Liverpool with a full-on basically throwing the game team out bar a first backup first team players in there, total reserves on the bench

Patito

Post by Patito » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:15 pm

fmgod wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:52 pm
Suppose, Wenger, Emery, Lucien Favre are wrong then? And the Arsenal team mates that voted him captain.

Football and opinions, hey.....................
So every player that those managers has picked is class then? Wenger persisted with Bendtner for how long? Also, you do realise he’s been dropped at Arsenal multiple times? :lol: You’ll never admit you just don’t have an eye for a player will you? Look how well “useless” Sterling is getting on now after the amount of times you’ve slated him....

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:28 pm

Chicharito starting for Sevilla @ Valencia - Maxi Gomez playing for Valencia

0-1 at the moment..

Real Madrid h to Leganes later

fmgod

Post by fmgod » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Patito wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:15 pm
So every player that those managers has picked is class then? Wenger persisted with Bendtner for how long? Also, you do realise he’s been dropped at Arsenal multiple times? :lol: You’ll never admit you just don’t have an eye for a player will you? Look how well “useless” Sterling is getting on now after the amount of times you’ve slated him....
All three managers, pretty much in the top levels of the game, Wenger, Favre, Emery have all played him, I'd say there is a constant there, top managers have always played Xhaka, they know far me, than me, you or anyone else on here.

As said the same people who say Xhaka isn;t any good, said Jorginho and Kovacic were poor players, that Morata is a poor player,

Sterling still is a fundamentally flawed footballer, gets tons of chances playing for City in the premier due to the level of the oppositon, effective yes but struggles for England in the big tournaments and Champions League against better teams, same way Ali is now getting exposed for not being at the level he was hyped to be and is basically a better Kevin Nolan. These player get miles blown out of proportion in England, when even if you look at France players like Di Maria are miles better

Side note from the recent windows and threads
Marcus Thuram is doing pretty well, Thorgden Hazard is doing well, Jarrod Bowen can't stop scoring and assisting in a poor team, Pepe has started okay compared to lots of players new to the country, Dendoncker starts every work for Wolves and is versatile, I'm pretty happy for anyone to look at most of my shouts in the transfer windows over the last few years, I'm pretty sure most of it will stand up for itself

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:50 pm

1-1 @ Valencia now, good header from a fantastic cross from Parejo

in other news Derby have sacked their captain (the one who got hurt in that drunken car crash the other week) for gross misconduct

Derby County have sacked captain Richard Keogh, a month after he sustained knee ligament damage in a crash that led to the arrest of two of his team-mates.

"As we have said from the outset, the club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute," they said.

however, shouldn't the other two have been sacked then ? they put themselves and their club captain at risk by driving drunk....

:?

brothernero

Post by brothernero » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Chelsea fans sure do like their Flags and huge Banners.

steps

Post by steps » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:11 pm

How good is this Liverpool-Arsenal game without VAR?

It’s like a breath of fresh air.

Also, Martinelli is some player. Ironically I’ve just been taking with someone about Conor Coventry and his wage demands, Arsenal paid £6m for Martinelli (no idea of his wages) but it’s looking like money well spent.

Paddy O'Hammer

Post by Paddy O'Hammer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Man U playing 5 at the back according to Sky Sports line up

fmgod

Post by fmgod » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:13 pm

Probably should've gave a pen and booked him for that awful dive

Paddy O'Hammer

Post by Paddy O'Hammer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:19 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:50 pm

Derby County have sacked captain Richard Keogh, a month after he sustained knee ligament damage in a crash that led to the arrest of two of his team-mates.

"As we have said from the outset, the club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute," they said.

however, shouldn't the other two have been sacked then ? they put themselves and their club captain at risk by driving drunk....

:?
Standing by the two younger talented players (drivers) with decent sell on value and throwing the crocked 30 something under the bus. He may never play again.

Patito

Post by Patito » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:20 pm

fmgod wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:30 pm
All three managers, pretty much in the top levels of the game, Wenger, Favre, Emery have all played him, I'd say there is a constant there, top managers have always played Xhaka, they know far me, than me, you or anyone else on here.

As said the same people who say Xhaka isn;t any good, said Jorginho and Kovacic were poor players, that Morata is a poor player,

Sterling still is a fundamentally flawed footballer, gets tons of chances playing for City in the premier due to the level of the oppositon, effective yes but struggles for England in the big tournaments and Champions League against better teams, same way Ali is now getting exposed for not being at the level he was hyped to be and is basically a better Kevin Nolan. These player get miles blown out of proportion in England, when even if you look at France players like Di Maria are miles better

Side note from the recent windows and threads
Marcus Thuram is doing pretty well, Thorgden Hazard is doing well, Jarrod Bowen can't stop scoring and assisting in a poor team, Pepe has started okay compared to lots of players new to the country, Dendoncker starts every work for Wolves and is versatile, I'm pretty happy for anyone to look at most of my shouts in the transfer windows over the last few years, I'm pretty sure most of it will stand up for itself
You’re actually hilarious :lol:

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Paddy

I am thinking along the lines of perhaps wrongful dismissal - he wasn't driving at the time, one of them were.

still we don't know the full story yet, but my initial thought would be the player's union and a nice Saul Goodman type....

:D

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:25 pm

2-0 @ Madrid inside 8 minutes

Rodrygo and Kroos - might be double figures at this rate......

Ramos misses a pen - VAR orders a retake due to the keeper coming 6 inches off his line.....scores the retake, 3-0 24 minutes in...
Last edited by Cuenca 'ammer on Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paddy O'Hammer

Post by Paddy O'Hammer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:32 pm

That James is a real Man U lad....goes down easy...albeit a bit clumsy from Alonso.

fmgod

Post by fmgod » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:34 pm

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:32 pm
That James is a real Man U lad....goes down easy...albeit a bit clumsy from Alonso.
Yeah, just seen it, very easy

Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY becomes custom" (Chile)

Post by Universidad-de-Chile » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:39 pm

What a player Martinelli.... !!!

I still really hope, Pelle-Husillos will find and bring a raw diamond like him to WHU...

Angelo Araos is still there for the take-it...

And Jeferson Soteldo..

fmgod

Post by fmgod » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:45 pm

Jesus pick that out

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:48 pm

Interestingly most teams have played largely reserves this round.
It is not somethijg that only West Ham do

James P

Post by James P » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:50 pm

That Origi goal was a bit special