David Sullivan - Has he taken us as far as he can ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

War Pony

Re: David Sullivan - Has he taken us as far as he can ?

Post by War Pony » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:26 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:33 pm
That's not our training ground, that's the entrance to my local council tip
Dagenham tip is just round the corner so you could be mistaken!!

bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:29 pm

In answer to Pinky's original question - they had gone as far as they could about three to four years ago.

The whole hierarchy, on and off the pitch, needed to change in 2016/7

Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:13 pm
They have also had big European matches against the best clubs in Europe, that semi final vs Ajax, a champions league final and the excitement of a league title push

I would take that!
That’s great, but we and all the other prem sides usually get to play 4 last sixteen champions league teams at least 8 times a season. Thats 25 % of the best sides in europe apparently.

Skandi Brudson

Post by Skandi Brudson » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:27 pm

Seriously, exactly when did journalism die?

I suppose if SSN have some gobshite "influencer" on TV talking about who he thinks his current favourite club should sign, my lament for the death of journalism is a bit late!

But come on, there must be one, just one, journalist worthy of the name who can tell this story as it really is. f*** me, it's not as if there's much digging to be done (apart, maybe, from the money trail in the sale of the Boleyn Ground ......maybe? .......).

One! Just one!

bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Nearly £19m taken in interest in the last three years' accounts.

Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Skandi Brudson wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:27 pm
Seriously, exactly when did journalism die?
A long long time ago unfortunately, now it's simply as case of following a narrative untill it becomes more commercially viable to switch tack. TBF it's probably always been like that.

Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:36 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:33 pm
But, but, but ... they don't take anything out of the club, David said so on the radio!? Cheapest (not in the sense I'm thinking of) board in the Premier League he says...

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:58 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:
Just imagine what the Manager could do with those funds .

Assets on the pitch.

Condorhammer

Post by Condorhammer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:16 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:58 pm
Just imagine what the Manager could do with those funds .
1.9 Hugills? :D

Ozza

Post by Ozza » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:26 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:
It makes me feel physically sick especially when you overlay the shocking way they’ve run this club in that time AND taken out 19m.

It will be a difficult day for me when they sell and f*** off, the jubilation of the biggest leeches and scourges on this fine traditional club and then the realisation of the money they are pulling out of here.

I’ve truly never hated anything in my life, I hate them!

chigwells finest
Location: desperately seeking redemption from this west ham misery

Post by chigwells finest » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 pm

ssending ian Abrahams to interview Gold is pathetic , he's just a parody gobshite sent to every game to mop up the pre match hospitality. ,Not exactly David Frost was it, I remember the previous joke interview gold gave 2 odd years ago on the radio , where he said He/and DS were actually saving west ham money by charging them the interest on the borrowed monies , rather than a Bank. all we needed was jim white banging a tambourine singing kum bye ya in the background

e17

Post by e17 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 pm

Ken Dyer is actually a very decent fella & someone I’ve worked with in a previous life. Shame he’s not tougher on Sully and seems happy to just listen to their stories these days.

Graza

Post by Graza » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:13 pm

bubbles1966 wrote:
And the club cost them...

Also this doesn't account for the no doubt extravagant wage for as Benni would put it "the devil with tits" and her million pound bonus for orchestrating the worst stadium migration (to the worst stadium) in history.

Graza

Post by Graza » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Mega Ron wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:29 pm
We're certainly not.

What do we have by comparison?
To be fair I still feel sick about the 2006 FA cup final and feel the urge to change channel whenever I see that **** Gerrard on TV.

prophet:marginal
Location: Marking Us With The Sight Of What We Might Have Known

Post by prophet:marginal » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:23 pm

e17 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:52 pm
Ken Dyer is actually a very decent fella & someone I’ve worked with in a previous life. Shame he’s not tougher on Sully and seems happy to just listen to their stories these days.
I picked up The Standard on the bus home tonight.

Read halfway through that puff piece of an article. Found a glaring, embarrassing factual error, re the timing of Bilic's sacking and just chucked it to one side.

What a load of old bollards.

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Rays Rock wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:07 pm
Totally, I’ve never been one for celebrating the mediocrity of finishing 2nd to 4th just to be in the Champs league.
I can't tell if you're on a wind up now or have just dug yourself a hole and decided to keep digging out of sheer bloody mindedness. But 2nd to 4th is mediocrity in your world? In that case we have only achieved 'mediocrity' once in our entire existence - and for those that remember it that season did not feel "mediocre" in any way, shape of form.

It's great Tottenham haven't won anything. Long may it continue. But, much as it pains me to say, they are about a gazillion light years ahead of us in all respects except for the quality of the fan base and if you don't recognise that then you're part of a very, very small group who have that opinion.

e17

Post by e17 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 pm

prophet:marginal wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:23 pm
I picked up The Standard on the bus home tonight.

Read halfway through that puff piece of an article. Found a glaring, embarrassing factual error, re the timing of Bilic's sacking and just chucked it to one side.

What a load of old bollards.
Not just that, completely wrong on our best ever premiership finish too. Lazy inaccurate factual stuff inbetween all the excruciating bits about how “some like the location and facilities at Stratford.”

Guess they pay a wage.

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:10 am

e17 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 pm
Not just that, completely wrong on our best ever premiership finish too.

If only he wasn't so busy with his Roly-Poly business we could have got him back at the helm again . :)

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:21 am

Sullivan thinks he's some sort of Mafia Don. A bully that thinks he can do what he wants. Well, Mr S, you and your cronies are going to feel very uncomfortable in the coming weeks and months, as you can only take us for mugs for so long.

Anyone know where I can get a horses head from?

Rays Rock

Post by Rays Rock » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:25 am

DaveWHU1964 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:45 pm
I can't tell if you're on a wind up now or have just dug yourself a hole and decided to keep digging out of sheer bloody mindedness. But 2nd to 4th is mediocrity in your world? In that case we have only achieved 'mediocrity' once in our entire existence - and for those that remember it that season did not feel "mediocre" in any way, shape of form.

It's great Tottenham haven't won anything. Long may it continue. But, much as it pains me to say, they are about a gazillion light years ahead of us in all respects except for the quality of the fan base and if you don't recognise that then you're part of a very, very small group who have that opinion.
Definitely not a wind up Dave.
You can check back to anytime I’ve referenced this subject, especially when it comes to the Champions League. That one season was very special indeed for us, i remember it very well. Unfortunately your achievements are best judged by the outside world, and even more unfortunately i doubt many people talk about the year West Ham nearly won the league or came 3rd. And thats my point about spurs, I don’t doubt they are a gazillion light years ahead of us, they have a fantastic side, but unless they win something all people will reference is that they had a good side around that era.
I hope you don’t think I’m saying this to anyway defend or mitigate the poor management or investment from our owners, because I’m not.