David Sullivan - Has he taken us as far as he can ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: David Sullivan - Has he taken us as far as he can ?

Post by Colours never run » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:51 pm

It's not clouded at all. His managerial record before he became our manager was decent enough for us, he then immediately went on to prove he could cut it in the League and FA Cup with many outstanding performances and surprising results. The blip coincided with our move, which every single manager since has struggled to get to grips with (even the Moysiah-twice). Since he became WBA manager, let's have it right, it's been an excellent first season in charge. Some nonsense of some numtpy restless fans not happy, but f*** me they'd be deluded beyond belief if they weren't anything but very happy with how it's going this season after they were relegated. They even dumped Moyes XI team out the FA Cup for good measure. So the anomoly here wasn't Bilics ability to manage us, but more the ongoing struggles of settling (or not as it appears) into our new home. The timeline tells me all I need to know.

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:31 pm

Something else I meant to add regarding the Dildo brothers, is they've lost their nerve when backing manager's. With so much now riding on making the **** hole a success, they're more inpatient when it comes to League results. Both Bilic and Pellegrini were ditched relatively early in a season, with murmurings they were likely to do it a lot sooner than when they actually did it. In years gone past they have tended to back managers a lot more, even against their better judgement on genuine hopeless duds like Grant. But now, the nerve is gone and they haven't wasted much time on instilling an alleged relegation expert (see Sunderland) in Moyes laughably twice now in as many years. They tells us that the pressure is almost too much to cope with the thought of the drop and they'll do just about anything to avoid it happening, even if it means going cap in hand begging good old desperate Dave to return once more, even though deep down they know it's not the answer. And yet again, it all hinges on the ****ing **** hole Stadium which is clouding their judgement. Oh to have a clear minded Boardroom back in the Boleyn again..... *Sigh

Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:17 am

Off the top of my head, Bilic had to deal with..

Not being properly backed in the two most important transfer windows in our recent history - leaks saying the **** players brought in were all his choices - fans blaming him for the **** players - trying to get a tune out of the **** players - the move to the stadium - fans angry over the stadium - losing Payet - leaks blaming him for Payet leaving - fans blaming him for losing Payet - the loss in team morale once Payet had gone - leaked reports of players blaming his training methods for the downturn - fans blaming him for the downturn - leaks saying players can't compete because they're unfit, because of his old fitness coach - fans blaming him for having an old fitness coach - constantly being one/two/three games from the sack - players deciding it was time for him to go now and downing tools - fans with very short memories saying ‘he has to go’ - getting sacked

I'm glad he got out with his sanity.

e17

Post by e17 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:37 am

Diogenes wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:36 pm
His time at WBA has not been without concern from the WBA supporters. The past 2 months have seen a general decline in his teams performance (even though he has perhaps the best squad in the Championship)
Not from their lot that I know. They’re absolutely over the moon at only losing 4 games all season, and that the fella isn’t Tony Pullis.

They’ve also won the last 3, and made us look like twats at home in the only competition we still had a chance in.

They are 6 points ahead of anyone else in that division too.

Hammer.CA

Post by Hammer.CA » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:42 am

Colours never run wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:07 pm
Something that I find telling since we just started to get our act together as a Club (well for us anyway) from Allardyce expertly steadying the ship, to then passing the reigns on to as closest a WHU perfect fit of a manager can be, is how they've absolutely lost the ****ing plot since they wrongfully sacked him in haste.

We as a Club were finally on to something of a good thing with Bilic, who 100% understood us, got many decent results and in real style, especially the Boleyn season, albeit struggled near the end (mitigating circumstances in relation to still adapting to the **** hole - that we continue to struggle with to this day). Yet they pulled the trigger on him relatively early in the 2nd season in the **** hole. They then desperately jump from a relegation fire fighter yes man to one that has a lot of genuine winning pedigree, back to the desperate relegation fire fighting yes man. No long term thinking, no sense of any direction, a distinct lack of ideas of what they want the Club to be. The way they've mis-managed the Club, they deserve relegation, even though us long suffering fans don't.

Hope they're proud of themselves. The lack of any genuine contrition tells us they most probably are. We all know the truth, even though it's of little comfort right now seeing the state of the Club it's currently in.

What is it with this Club when close to a good thing, only for us to self-destruct so abruptly... Forever cursed with the worst Owners, it seems.
:thup:

Colours never run

Post by Colours never run » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:21 am

Paolo's Piranhas wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:17 am

Not being properly backed in the two most important transfer windows in our recent history - leaks saying the **** players brought in were all his choices - fans blaming him for the **** players - trying to get a tune out of the **** players - the move to the stadium - fans angry over the stadium - losing Payet - leaks blaming him for Payet leaving - fans blaming him for losing Payet - the loss in team morale once Payet had gone - leaked reports of players blaming his training methods for the downturn - fans blaming him for the downturn - leaks saying players can't compete because they're unfit, because of his old fitness coach - fans blaming him for having an old fitness coach - constantly being one/two/three games from the sack - players deciding it was time for him to go now and downing tools - fans with very short memories saying ‘he has to go’ - getting sacked

Hear ****ing hear!

Believer

Post by Believer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:26 am

Paolo's Piranhas wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:17 am

Yeah it's a shame his career has gone backwards now.....

Oh ! :o

I'd love to know what Sullivan's thoughts are on how well he is doing.

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:37 am

I liked Bilic and didn't want to see him sacked whrn he was but the fact he is top of the Championship with the best squad in the that division doesn't mean that he is suddenly an amazing manager

If they go up, which seems likely, he is the sort of manager which will create a promotion bounce and so I would expect them to stay up, but then they will inevitably struggle

He is a decent manager, yes. Same as loads of others.

I would rather him him than Moyes though, that is for sure

Colours never run

Post by Colours never run » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:53 am

Not one person has said he's an amazing manager, but a few of us have intimated he is indeed a decent manager, totally agree. And he was and still is a manager made for us. And when I say us, I mean our fanbase and what we truly want in a WHU modern manager. Unless someone could offer up a more realistic alternative, I'm struggling to think of one more suited to our needs and expectations in how we should be playing the West Ham way. Too late now, we've got desperate Dave instead, again. *Cocks gun puts barrel in mouth*

ashbanki

Post by ashbanki » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:33 am

Had Bilic come in to a set up that had personnel and a solid structure in place - I daresay he would have been far more successful.As it was, he brought in his whole team, as did Pellegrini!
The other point of note was that Bilic achieved our best finishing position on a £27m net spend - so much for the lie about "World Class" players in a "World Class" stadium !
Any manager will struggle, if the owner see's a smidgeon of success as an opportunity to reduce investment and grab some more of that over inflated interest he promised not to take out until the loans were paid up.

e17

Post by e17 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:39 am

Colours never run wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:53 am
Not one person has said he's an amazing manager, but a few of us have intimated he is indeed a decent manager, totally agree. And he was and still is a manager made for us. And when I say us, I mean our fanbase and what we truly want in a WHU modern manager. Unless someone could offer up a more realistic alternative, I'm struggling to think of one more suited to our needs and expectations in how we should be playing the West Ham way. Too late now, we've got desperate Dave instead, again. *Cocks gun puts barrel in mouth*
The time and respect Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche have been given is what Slav should and would have got here if we weren’t run by parasitic worms.

Believer

Post by Believer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:59 am

e17 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:39 am
The time and respect Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche have been given is what Slav should and would have got here if we weren’t run by parasitic worms.
I often find myself wondering who Bilic or even Moyes would have bought with the money squandered by MP. Bilic was thrown a load of rancid dross to move in to our "world class stadium". He was given a player in Snodgrass who although he has ended up coming back and being a success, he wasn't consulted on his purchase and he wasn't aware of what position he was being brought in for.

West Brom have just brought in a player that he was apparently looking to bring in for us and although I know nothing about him he appears to have hit the ground running.

Moyes was after McGinn and Mario. How would those 2 have faired as opposed to Sanchez and Wilshere ?

Sullivan just did his usual and decided that neither of those 2 above were good enough and thought he would play at being a big club by bringing in MP. That worked so well that one of the employees deemed not suitable for a club who want to progress was brought back. Had we opted to be patient and given Bilic £100m+ I'm fairly confident we wouldn't be in another relegation battle.

rciron

Post by rciron » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:16 am

Believer wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:59 am
I often find myself wondering who Bilic or even Moyes would have bought with the money squandered by MP. Bilic was thrown a load of rancid dross to move in to our "world class stadium". He was given a player in Snodgrass who although he has ended up coming back and being a success, he wasn't consulted on his purchase and he wasn't aware of what position he was being brought in for.

West Brom have just brought in a player that he was apparently looking to bring in for us and although I know nothing about him he appears to have hit the ground running.

Moyes was after McGinn and Mario. How would those 2 have faired as opposed to Sanchez and Wilshere ?

Sullivan just did his usual and decided that neither of those 2 above were good enough and thought he would play at being a big club by bringing in MP. That worked so well that one of the employees deemed not suitable for a club who want to progress was brought back. Had we opted to be patient and given Bilic £100m+ I'm fairly confident we wouldn't be in another relegation battle.
This :thup:

e17

Post by e17 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:16 am

Colours never run

Post by Colours never run » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:39 am

e17 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:16 am
Sullivan related story here
https://www.egi.co.uk/news/bc-partners- ... -property/
BC Partners Real Estate is understood to have paid substantially below the asking price for the property,

Sounds familiar..

Ozza

Post by Ozza » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:45 pm

Bil needed to go in the end, but that was because Sully destroyed him, undermined him and failed to support him.

Best season we had in a very long time, great watching him on tv progs, loved the bloke.

It was pretty bad on here when the tide turned, disappointing really.

Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Believer wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:26 am
I'd love to know what Sullivan's thoughts are on how well he is doing.
‘If Moyes gets us relegated and he gets promoted, I’ll offer him half is old wage to come back and get us out of the Championship … then I’ll sack him again, and go all out for Guardiola’
e17 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:39 am
This. :thup:

Wholeheartedly agree with all the posts by cnr, ashbanki, Believer, Ozza etc.

Ozza

Post by Ozza » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:16 pm

As part of my well-being program I am required to vent my deep anger, so apologies....

Sully “I hate you and what you’ve done to my club, you moronic, narcissistic, lying, Napoleon complex, leeching ****, I can’t wait for the day you f*** off”

Thx that feels better