West Ham Utd 2-3 Tottenham Hotspur (23/11/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Re: West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur: Match Thread 23/11/2019

Post by Vic_Watson »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:06 pm Vic, whilst I agree with your sentiment, let's be honest with ourselves - there is no West Ham way any more. The club and ethos that I loved has been systematically destroyed piece by piece by the current owners.
Mate, the West Ham way lives on in each and every one of us. It'll still be there when Gold and Sully are in their graves and the Olympic Site has returned to wasteland. :thup:
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Vic_Watson wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:26 pm Mate, the West Ham way lives on in each and every one of us. It'll still be there when Gold and Sully are in their graves and the Olympic Site has returned to wasteland. :thup:
Good post Vic - let's hope so.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:11 pm me and Pat had this same discussion last game. as I said then, I understand his isolation but sometimes you have to go looking for the ball, inspire your team mates, put a couple of CBs on their arse. Kane has absolutely NO problem letting his opposition know he's there..
Haller does none of the above. his first touch was dreadful at times today. if he has no one around him Shirely he has to hold onto the ball until he gets help, no ?
Kane is protected to the point that he can foul a defender and get a free kick and booking for the defender for not getting out of his way. Haller had someone in his back, snide snapping "challenges" all game with no protection. Christ Kane can just lash someone up in the air from behind because his team mate is pretending to be injured and only be booked for it.

Haller looked better once Antonio was drawing some of the defenders away from him. I like Anderson but he was shocking first half, pulled out of challenges, offered little going forward and needed subbing.

I think in general we were ok for a lot of the first half in spite of the 14 man opposition. But the goals we dropped we so lax, so routine and simple they are a good example of why we are where we are. Second half we started ok and collapsed for a while after the goal which started with a very weak free kick, the kind we were consistently denied. Antonio provided some much needed energy effort and willingness to run at people and shoot. In the end we probably didn't deserve anything from the game but playing the last 10 against 10 (13) would have been interesting and deserved, but apparently it's ok to just kick people from behind because you want play to stop.

The amount of time wasting from faux injuries was mid nineties Arsenal bad and the failure to enforce simple rules like going off at the nearest touchline and going off after treatment show that Moanrino was always going to get a win today
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Our full backs defending for the 2nd goal!!
Dele is lying on the floor but still manages to befuddle Fredericks and get the ball to Son and then Cresswell decides to have a cup of tea and biscuit as the cross comes in!
[/quote]

No argument there
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I'm not gonna criticise Cresswell on the second goal, he got there before his faster man when turning towards his own goal. Unlucky to go in.

I will criticise him, Snodgrass and the manager for goal three.
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Patito wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:25 pm Why say it then? Say what you see... :lol:
You constantly defend the indefensible. I’d say your agenda is pretty boring.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Patito wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:25 pmWhy say it then? Say what you see... :lol:
That's at least three members who you've had a pop at simply because your opinion differs from theirs.

Let's make sure that's the last one, else you can have a little rest.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Two performances from Yarmolenko and Anderson once again we are an utter disgrace . However you see Haller
He has got no chance with these 2 the way they are playing.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

I would happily buy Fredericks a pint for trying to get justice for Gomes :thup:.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

We’re in a relegation battle make no mistake

Same ***** formation - if pretty much every single player is under performing then you have to look at formation, tactics etc. Same formation, same tactics...definition of madness

Our fullbacks are still utter tosh
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

I’d already left by the time Kane got his deserved yellow card
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Hailer was so bad today. I’m a little shocked. He looks like a different player to September
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

chigwells finest wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:42 pm I’d already left by the time Kane got his deserved yellow card
He is another petulant twat. Him and Son are always at it. They are absolutely loved by the media though. I’ve heard more about Son being in tears and being brave than I have heard about how Gomes is doing. They’ll become even worse under Mourinho...
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Good post, Graza - agree with every word.

Re: Haller. It seems obvious to me - his early season form and his last season at Frankfurt show that he IS a decent player. Early on in the season I was really encouraged by his hold up play.

But game after game of being totally isolated and seeing no movement around him or decent service to him has totally drained the life out of him. Whether it’s confidence, despondency or sulkiness I don’t know, but the solution is clear: give him someone to play off. Someone who moves.

Of our current squad, Antonio is the obvious choice.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

It's official, we're at the bottom of the form table, even worse than Watford.

Struggling to find any WH related positives at the moment.
Patito

Post by Patito »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Jon »

Removing Anderson and Yarma is as much a reflection on the manager than the 2 players. MP isn't able to get a tune out of them. He's really got it in for Anderson in particular. Poor as he he's been the manager HAS to develop him, not keep pulling him.
Patito

Post by Patito »

OohAahButler wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:45 pm
Re: Haller. It seems obvious to me - his early season form and his last season at Frankfurt show that he IS a decent player. Early on in the season I was really encouraged by his hold up play.

But game after game of being totally isolated and seeing no movement around him or decent service to him has totally drained the life out of him. Whether it’s confidence, despondency or sulkiness I don’t know, but the solution is clear: give him someone to play off. Someone who moves.

Of our current squad, Antonio is the obvious choice.
Agreed :thup:
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Another humiliation... didn’t do enough in the 1st half and it appears we have paid big money for junk players who aren’t up to the rigours of the EPL. We have bought and bought badly into false reputations. Today’s performance was shocking and seeing the haunted look on the manager’s face was enough to see he’s past his sell by date. Money rules our club..it’s all about sound bites and how good people look in a selfie wearing their kit and training wear ready for the Christmas hard sell. No heartbeat left, just an empty shell where there was once passion. We need good players, honest players - other teams find them, why aren’t we?
Well it’s going to be another gut pile full of gutless wonders getting mysteriously injured because they can’t face the monumental battle we have ahead just to survive this campaign - it’s January sales or bust!
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Georgee Paris wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:33 pm Haller - 3
Anderson - 3
Rice - 7
Snodgrass- 6
Noble - 6
Roberto - 3
Diop - 4
Ogbonna - 5
Cresswell - 5
Fredericks - 5
Formals - 4
Sanchez - 4
Yarmy - 3
Antonio - 7
Are they all minus scores, Georgee?..no they can't be, Mic Ant would have been a plus..