Chelsea 0-1 West Ham Utd (30/11/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Re: ⚽ Chelsea v West Ham United: Match thread (30/11)

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Morocco Mole wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:18 pm I said the same to my brother. Clear as mud. :thup:

The sitter he missed was the best though. Literally tried to score with his corey..... Image
Just watched it again, and the side view they showed on MOTD was pretty conclusive IMHO. Off his arm onto the post and then back into the net off his trunk/ side/ hip/ schlong
Also, i had a re-look at the post goal hug between Antonio and Snodgrass, and I am sure he says 'it was handball' to Snoddy

One other thing i noticed was the involvement of the subs who were warming up in the Cresswell goal celebration. Yarmo, Haller and Sanchez all got properly involved, which is always a good sign of team spirit and unity
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:40 pm Also, i had a re-look at the post goal hug between Antonio and Snodgrass, and I am sure he says 'it was handball' to Snoddy
Yeah I thought that too. :thup:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Morocco Mole wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:18 pm
I said the same to my brother. Clear as mud. :thup:

The sitter he missed was the best though. Literally tried to score with his corey..... Image
Corey Image
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

Iron Mark wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:02 pm
Whether right or wrong, I do wonder why every time chants like these happen, it is only West Ham fans that are called out for it. Chelsea/Spurs/etc can give as good as they get, but somehow avoid the media witch hunt.
Maybe its because we don't cry about it like they do.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Doc H Ball wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:07 pmKIO’s official position on this, at least 3 years ago, was that P.... is not a racial slur.
Not questioning that at all Doc, but do you have a source I can refer to?
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:40 pm Also, i had a re-look at the post goal hug between Antonio and Snodgrass, and I am sure he says 'it was handball' to Snoddy
Morocco Mole wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:58 pm Yeah I thought that too. :thup:

Yes, he does.....I noticed that later. And he also looks sort of guilty..... :lol:

Was lucky enough to watch it on a really good stream. Match of the Day managed to make a complete pigs ear of the "clearness" of the handball, it was very clear even on the stream I watched.

And when the stream showed the "best" angle.........it was definitely handball.

I hate VAR.....(both for and against us).......but it was defo handball.
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Oh, also ....

I've never seen sendo use this before > > Image

Top forumming..... :)
daytimedave
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by daytimedave »

easy to say after the event , but why didnt antonio just force the ball over the line with his mid-drift/hip/gut.
i bet he's kicking himself now . but he missed a trick there. as snoddys cross basicly was curling in .
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

daytimedave wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:18 pm easy to say after the event , but why didnt antonio just force the ball over the line with his mid-drift/hip/gut.
That's exactly what he did do to actually get the ball over the line.....

But the handball was made on the initial control.

He then sort of chested it home as it came back off the post.....which was fine.
Last edited by davids cross on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

davids cross wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:11 pm Yes, he does.....I noticed that later. And he also looks sort of guilty..... :lol:

Was lucky enough to watch it on a really good stream. Match of the Day managed to make a complete pigs ear of the "clearness" of the handball, it was very clear even on the stream I watched.

And when the stream showed the "best" angle.........it was definitely handball.

I hate VAR.....(both for and against us).......but it was defo handball.
That's what I thought. At one point, I was wondering what we were supposed to be looking at.

If they were the official VAR pictures, they should contemplate using the TV coverage.
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

Doc H Ball wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:07 pm KIO’s official position on this, at least 3 years ago, was that P.... is not a racial slur.

Quite how they conclude such and then go and interpret ‘rent boy’ as meaning ‘gay’ is another question.

I note the thread on this is closed and apologies for resurrecting. Fully understand why - those conversations go in circles and maybe best left to a different forum. Suffice to say that some of us who consider ourselves fair and open minded are as alienated and disappointed by KIO and POI as others perhaps less so.
:thup:
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:24 pm That's what I thought. At one point, I was wondering what we were supposed to be looking at.

If they were the official VAR pictures, they should contemplate using the TV coverage.
Yeah...

Just had another quick look at the coverage.

You can see why people thought it showed "nothing clear."......because they made such a hash of it.

One angle they show is from a camera (miles away) in the Matthew Harding Stand.... :lol:

In another they split the screen into small quarters........and show four different angles, which you can barely see.

Shambolic......Image
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:16 pm The opposition view: Chelsea
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134089

The_Ghost.......is definitely self-medicating.

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:54 pm Not questioning that at all Doc, but do you have a source I can refer to?
Doesn’t seem that the e mails on my phone go back that far. I will check when I’m next on the computer.

When that fella filmed our lot at Spurs singing ‘he’s got a ****ing big nose’ and it was considered Anti-Semitic, I e mailed Kick It Out to ask why they didn’t take action about Spurs singing ‘P....’ songs? Their reply was that Travellers are not a racial group and the term was too generic to be subject of an anti racism complaint.

That was about 3 years ago I think so they may have changed stance since then. Travellers were designated as a minority at law way before then but KIO said that did not mean they were a designated racial group.

Sorry, this is a bit like a hospital pass post and I don’t like raising it, but given POI have gone public on the issue and seem to consider those questioning their view are ‘excusing homophobia’ then it needs countering imho.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Up the Junction wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:52 pm I note Kick It Out have had their say ......................
PC Plod is also getting involved
Police are investigating allegations of homophobic chanting by West Ham fans at Chelsea on Saturday.

Metropolitan Police officers were contacted on social media to report chanting by away fans directed at Chelsea fans at Stamford Bridge.

The force said in a statement on Monday that "enquiries are ongoing" but no arrests have been made.

Anti-discrimination charity Kick It Out has also called on the Football Association to investigate.

Chelsea Supporters' Trust said it noted "with dismay the continuous homophobic chanting by visiting West Ham fans".

West Ham LGBT+ Supporters' Group, Pride of Irons, says Kick It Out have made clear these chants were homophobic.

It added on Twitter: "When you use homophobic chants you aren't abusing most Chelsea fans who will be straight, but all gay fans whether they support Chelsea or West Ham.

more...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Doc H Ball wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:24 pmDoesn’t seem that the e mails on my phone go back that far. I will check when I’m next on the computer.
No rush - thank you. :thup:
West Ham LGBT+ Supporters' Group, Pride of Irons, says Kick It Out have made clear these chants were homophobic. It added on Twitter: "When you use homophobic chants you aren't abusing most Chelsea fans who will be straight, but all gay fans whether they support Chelsea or West Ham.
So it seems fair to assume this kerfuffle has been started by PoI, even though the chant has been sung by many clubs visiting Chelsea for more than 30 years.

If so, one might call that a spectacular own goal.

I think the problem with Kick It Out is that they're only needed if there are fires to extinguish. Which sometimes appears to lead to them being arsonists themselves.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2641 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Is it my memory or do these Anti West Ham Supporters Stories appear in the media after we beat one of the Big Boys - Tottenham , Manchester Utd [ the bus ] and now Chelsea ??
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

Anyone who doesn't think that 'p****' is a racial slur should try calling a group of travellers that name and see how offended they get.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Coops wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:30 pm Anyone who doesn't think that 'p****' is a racial slur should try calling a group of travellers that name and see how offended they get.
Can I volunteer POI and kick it out for this task?
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:25 pm Is it my memory or do these Anti West Ham Supporters Stories appear in the media after we beat one of the Big Boys - Tottenham , Manchester Utd [ the bus ] and now Chelsea ??

Seems that way TOMoS.