Who Next? The odds

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Re: Who Next? The odds

Post by steveyrockstar »

S-H wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:55 pm Exactly, never got the media hype, surrounding Howe, and this just proves that he bang average. But if your face fits, what do stats and facts matter, eh?

Now.. who's going to break it to hammerman11?
He's certainly not bang average in the context of what he's achieved at Bournemouth. He gets a relatively small club competing in the Prem year in, year out. I would arguably say playing at their full potential, if not beyond that. He's worked miracles there.

However, as someone else said, I think coming here would be a reputation-destroying move. Our expectations and demands are higher, we're perennial under-achievers and under-spenders, and our fans are restless. As soon as our team goes on a bad run, which is always inevitable regardless of the manager, all those insecurities come pouring out and the manager is widely questioned. If he was our new manager, Howe would probably hope he could move on to a bigger job before the wheels come off.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Brown Sauce wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:14 am They may have looked at Pelligrini’s CV but didn’t spend long thinking about his suitability to the position.
Why's he not suitable?
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

Because he’s not had to manage a mid table PL team before.
Because he has no history of adapting his style of play.
Because his career was on a serious downward curve.

There’s nothing he’s done that suggested he was suitable for West Ham United.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

steveyrockstar wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:25 am He's certainly not bang average in the context of what he's achieved at Bournemouth. He gets a relatively small club competing in the Prem year in, year out. I would arguably say playing at their full potential, if not beyond that. He's worked miracles there.
He has done well, Stevey, but as mentioned else where in the thread, he has spent more than us in the last four years, and has been averaging a lower finish in the table than us, in that time.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

the question is could howe dyche get more out of our squad than Pellegrini ? yes for me !
S-H

Post by S-H »

Dyche for me is a much better manager than Howe, plus he works on a tight budget.. I'd be surprised if we are looking at anyone else other than Dyche. None of these names get my juices flowing though, it's all just a bit meh..

We will end up with Mark Hughes.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

happy with dyche or howe but we must avoid the old ones doing the rounds such as hughes pulis fat sam moyes and hughton.

dyche would get haller up and firing again.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

Would rather Howe out of him and Dyche but certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at the latter.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Post by Sloop John B »

Brown Sauce wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:41 am Because he’s not had to manage a mid table PL team before.
Because he has no history of adapting his style of play.
Because his career was on a serious downward curve.

There’s nothing he’s done that suggested he was suitable for West Ham United.
God I hope Sullivan sets the bar a bit higher for the next manager than that :D
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

dyche or howe tick all the boxes

dick emery about to come on the market. arsenal will go for NES at wolves. we need to act now or we will lose dyche or howe to everton or arsenal .
Brown Sauce

Post by Brown Sauce »

It’s not about setting a bar, it’s about finding someone who’s skills & experience are a best fit.
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by Coops »

S-H wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:44 am He has done well, Stevey, but as mentioned else where in the thread, he has spent more than us in the last four years, and has been averaging a lower finish in the table than us, in that time.
This is a very good point. These managers are seen as being successful because clubs like Bournemouth and Burnley, are seen as being small clubs. But what they have achieved at these clubs is actually no different to what our managers have achieved with a similar budget. We are the same as both of these clubs in terms of what the board are prepare to spend. We are not a big club, we just play in a big stadium.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

steveyrockstar wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:25 am He's certainly not bang average in the context of what he's achieved at Bournemouth. He gets a relatively small club competing in the Prem year in, year out. I would arguably say playing at their full potential, if not beyond that. He's worked miracles there.
The Stats posted previously prove you wrong. He's spent more than West Ham and yet on average they have finished below us.

Not sure how being 'small' makes any difference if they have a bigger budget than us?? :?
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

https://www.arsenal.com/news/unai-emery-leaves-club

Lets see if the Gooners go for Eddie Howe now :thup:
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

https://www.arsenal.com/news/unai-emery-leaves-club

Lets see if the Gooners go for Eddie Howe now :thup:
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Post by Sloop John B »

S-H wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:54 am None of these names get my juices flowing though, it's all just a bit meh..
It's depressing ....we had a manager a few years a go who produced a functional team that was hard to beat... Fans not happy... wanted more attacking emphasis more West Ham stylee...

Get a totally attack minded manager in, balls to the wall...don't bother with defending and now we're hoping for Sean Dyche to come save us...

Emery Sacked! And so it begins....
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

From 'a KUMB source' last evening....

Brown Sauce

Post by Brown Sauce »

Can you imagine having a meeting with Sullivan?

In my head it’s a dinner meeting and Sullivan insists on putting ketchup on everything.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Brown Sauce wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:20 am Can you imagine having a meeting with Sullivan?

In my head it’s a dinner meeting and Sullivan insists on putting ketchup on everything.
And sitting in a high chair..
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Brown Sauce wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:20 am Can you imagine having a meeting with Sullivan?

Could you take a business meeting serious when the fella conducting it is in a bloody high chair.