Who Next? The odds

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Who Next? The odds

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

I wouldnt mind Farke if im honest. Give him time and I think he could do very well
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

vaz te's bonnet wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:31 am I wouldnt mind Farke if im honest. Give him time and I think he could do very well
Could be the first manager to relegate two teams in the same season.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

David Wagner doing well for Schalke...
JLCABA
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by JLCABA »

Doc H Ball wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:48 am I agree with cellar, put it to bed by saying he’s got the job until the end of the season whatever happens.

We’re not going to be paying him off and somebody else out at the same time. Even if we did, it doesn’t solve the fact that we need a second striker, an energetic CM and circa £40m in repaid shareholder loans in the next few weeks.

Rather than undermine, they should just back the judgment that caused them to employ him, give him 2 players and shut up.

To be fair they could get the Stellar 2019 equivelant of Hartson and Kitson and Pellegrini would still only play one of them up front

More stubborn than BFS this one !
Da Vinci
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Da Vinci »

JLCABA wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:18 pm To be fair they could get the Stellar 2019 equivelant of Hartson and Kitson and Pellegrini would still only play one of them up front

More stubborn than BFS this one !
Ahh Hartson and Kitson if only 8-)
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Paolo Di canio and Nigel Winterburn as is assistant till the end of the season.
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

I've never thought Pellegrini is the problem – in terms of his managerial ability in any case. His recruitment decisions have been questionable at times.

We've had a central midfield that has barely been refreshed in half a decade – unless you call the Matt Taylor-fication of Snodgrass since his return from Villa and converting a centre back from the academy counts. We trundle out with 4 fullbacks options who no-one else in the top 10 would take off us if they were available. And he's then had to deal with a third problem area of the team for the last two months with the nobbling of Fabianski, albeit with plenty of culpability himself for the man who replaced him. The results just reflect the fundamentals of what any manager coming in mid-season would also have to grapple with.

We're not going to be relegated – points haven't been hard to come by when Fabianski and/or Antonio have been available – so just keep him for the season and see where we are in May.
brothernero
Has liked: 749 likes
Total likes: 763 likes

Post by brothernero »

"We're not going to be relegated "

If I had a quid for every time I read of heard that said during the Roader and Grant season I would be a very rich man.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1232 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Doc H Ball wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:48 am

Rather than undermine, they should just back the judgment that caused them to employ him, give him 2 players and shut up.
So basically, change the habits of a lifetime....
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Everton players reportedly asked to stay behind today after training to be addressed by Moshiri and Kenwright so it looks like they're biting the bullet. Moyes favourite there, so we can bank on them staying up.
Aceface

Post by Aceface »

brothernero wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:45 pm "We're not going to be relegated "

If I had a quid for every time I read of heard that said during the Roader and Grant season I would be a very rich man.
There's no comparison between the squad (and managerial skill) of the Avram season and now.
brothernero
Has liked: 749 likes
Total likes: 763 likes

Post by brothernero »

Roader had a far far better squad and we went down, Grants squad should not have been any where near the bottom 3, we still went down.

This squad is okay, not as good however as some make it out to be. Plus Pellegrini looks like a guy just begging to be sacked.

We can still go down.

For people to keep saying we "wont" go down are being very naive imho.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

Pentonville wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:41 am We will not get better than Pelligrini. If he had have a decent CF tonight we would have won against an excellent Wolves team.
Who was up front?.....The CF he laid out £45m for.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

Aceface wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:23 pm There's no comparison between the squad (and managerial skill) of the Avram season and now.
Really??? :lol:

Avram and Pellers share a lot of similarities... both look unmotivated, apathetic and resigned to defeat. Incapable of motivating their players.

I'm not calling you out on this specifically Aceface, but I worry that people dissastisfaction with the board is clouding their judgment on how poor of a manager Pellegrini is. We're sleepwalking into relegation as it stands and pinning our hopes of survival on Antonio (who I love by the way) and Fabianski just shows how precarious things are right now.
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:23 pm Everton players reportedly asked to stay behind today after training to be addressed by Moshiri and Kenwright so it looks like they're biting the bullet. Moyes favourite there, so we can bank on them staying up.
On Northwest tonight, or whatever it's called, the media are hanging about Goodison convinced he's gone
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

brothernero wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:29 pm Roader had a far far better squad and we went down, Grants squad should not have been any where near the bottom 3, we still went down.

This squad is okay, not as good however as some make it out to be. Plus Pellegrini looks like a guy just begging to be sacked.

We can still go down.

For people to keep saying we "wont" go down are being very naive imho.
:thup:
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

People are dazzled by quality in some parts of the team and think that makes us too good to go down.

Look at relegation under Grant - most were convinced we were too good to go down. We had chronically poor full backs and a lack of quality and athleticism in centre midfield for a big chunk of the season. In the January her lady ship pulled the plug on Sidwell despite Hitzlsperger and Collison not being fit. Parker then got injured and that was goodnight.

A bad January window relative to peers isn’t too hard to imagine
Aceface

Post by Aceface »

It’s just a standard season. We’ll finish 11th or 12th like we invariably do. No need to shell out £15m to achieve the same result with some other out-of-work mediocrity.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

I predicted 14th at the start of the season
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 502 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

Aceface wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:18 pm It’s just a standard season. We’ll finish 11th or 12th like we invariably do. No need to shell out £15m to achieve the same result with some other out-of-work mediocrity.
I’d go along with that at this stage Ace