Who Next? The odds

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Re: Who Next? The odds

Post by Cellar-door »

e17 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:52 pm All disingenuous because it doesn’t take into account the fact the fella got them up not only from league 1, not only from the championship, but into the position they now are, and they didn’t spend much in their first year surviving in the premiership.

They as a club are where they are due to his management.
They've been spending money hand over fist since 2015. He's a decent enough manager, but his performance for the money spent since they got up is nothing special.
e17
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 976 likes

Post by e17 »

I’d swap him for Pel mate. I know that much.
Cellar-door

Post by Cellar-door »

e17 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:40 pm I’d swap him for Pel mate. I know that much.
I mean... maybe? He finished worse last year and they're dead even this year. It shouldn't be ... keep Pelle or pay to get Howe on a multi-year deal. there are a lot of managers out there, and many of them are better than Howe, and some of them are also at least as good as Howe and willing to take a short deal, opening up options for the summer when even more good managers might be available.

I don't think Howe is a terrible manager, it's that I don't see him as the kind of manager you want to give the type of contract he can demand to leave Bournemouth. I'd rather have 6 months of a plugger if we can't get a better long-term option.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Its already agreed in principal according to some sources. Pelli is clinging on by his fingertips. Its Hughton I think.
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 860 likes
Total likes: 673 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

Hugh Jargon II wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:51 pm Its already agreed in principal according to some sources. Pelli is clinging on by his fingertips. Its Hughton I think.
Holy f*ck
Cellar-door

Post by Cellar-door »

Hugh Jargon II wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:51 pm Its already agreed in principal according to some sources. Pelli is clinging on by his fingertips. Its Hughton I think.
As long as it's for 6 months... fine, whatever. If he gets a long term deal I'd be furious.
e17

Post by e17 »

b*llocks
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Newcastle fans loved Hughton. Just saying.
SoulCircus
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Post by SoulCircus »

Ancelotti has just been sacked by Napoli...
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Ancelotti has just been sacked by Napoli.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

e17 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:40 pm I’d swap him for Pel mate. I know that much.
Bournemouth have the worst form in the whole league. Even we are above them (though just by one place)!
e17

Post by e17 »

I think Howe has done all he can there, I think he’d be a breath of fresh air here.

At least compared to the one dimensional broken record currently in charge.

(Pel isn’t going to turn it around and I ain’t seeing anyone arguing with that, sadly)
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall is my first choice for sure
Whether it would work out or not is another matter but if pelligrini does go I would want to give it a whirl
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Darren Lewis reckons it's Moyes or Hughton:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... l-21067007
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

GaryP wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:48 pm ANY manager is ****ed with our board. ANY.
I'd agree with this, why is it that we have an endless conveyor belt of managers, none of which take us up to the next level? When they have got close like BFS got us to 4th at Xmas, as did Bilic there or thereabouts, then not at all backed in the January transfer window and the rest is history. Not backed at all, because the drive for the Board is to finish between 7th & 17th, pointless paying to go higher, then we fans would demand more ! As it is we are generally pleased we are pleased we avoid relegation every year. Finally, for a Top Class successful winning driven manager, avoiding relegation each and every Year, that's about as boring as it gets. Similar to a Michelin-star chef handing out the McDonald's drive-in food.

Whilst the Board are up there, undermining, weaseling, telling the manager to forget the Cups, focus on the Premier League, you don't get compensation if we go down..............we will continue As Is same old, same old, day in, day out........
Cellar-door

Post by Cellar-door »

e17 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 pm I think Howe has done all he can there, I think he’d be a breath of fresh air here.

At least compared to the one dimensional broken record currently in charge.

(Pel isn’t going to turn it around and I ain’t seeing anyone arguing with that, sadly)
So you want to trade our offensive centric (yet somehow not actually scoring much), soft press, 4-4-1-1 playing manager in terrible form for Bournemouth's offensive centric (but also not scoring much), soft press, 4-4-1-1 playing manager in terrible form? I mean, they play the same formation, have gotten the same points, scored the same number of goals (we've given up 4 more), honestly the biggest difference so far is at least we tackle, Bournemouth are last in the league in tackles made.

IF people are unhappy with Pelle, I don't see how the solution is a manager who does all the same things, with the same ( or slightly worse) results.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 521 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

If its Hughton it’s just another one from the manager merry go round brigade, eg Moyes, Bruce, Hughes, Allardyce etc all managed numerous premier league clubs with little or no success.
If it was to be Howe, at least it will be someone who has brought a club through the leagues, established himself as a good premier league manager, and now hopefully looking for a challenge to step up further at another premier league club. We might not look it right now, but we are a bigger and better club than Bournemouth.
Kialos
Has liked: 1544 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

If memory serves me right, we had quite a few lame ducks touted as manager and Pellegrini came out of left field so we should keep our powder dry.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 521 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

How long do we (The club) remain cautious though.
And at what point does it become an emergency.
Irrons
Has liked: 1290 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Irrons »

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:38 am How long do we (The club) remain cautious though.
And at what point does it become an emergency.
This weekend