Who Next? The odds

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

rigoberts song
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Re: Who Next? The odds

Post by rigoberts song »

I'm still reeling at the revelation we actually train .
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

hammerman11 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:13 am so why would pelle not take training and hand it over to a coach then take it back after we had won with different tactics? the pelle style saw us lose the next two games ! so pelle has it back for saints or is he handing it over again ? if this is true then its clear that pelle isn't bothered and wants out and his money !
The tactics were identical from Chelsea through Arsenal, we played the exact same way (with the exact players for Chelsea and Arsenal) the only difference is that Chelsea couldn't convert the many, many chances they got, and we didn't fall apart because there was no first goal to fall apart after.

The Maresca story is just rats trying to preserve themselves on a sinking ship.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

rigoberts song wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:30 am I'm still reeling at the revelation we actually train .
Don't believe everything you read in the papers.
Daytonahammer
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Daytonahammer »

Saw Neil Warnock on goals on sunday, what do you fellas think about him? At least the sideline antics would be entertaining.
Da Vinci
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Da Vinci »

Daytonahammer wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:32 pm Saw Neil Warnock on goals on sunday, what do you fellas think about him? At least the sideline antics would be entertaining.
:shock: :lol: :shock:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Daytonahammer wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:32 pm Saw Neil Warnock on goals on sunday, what do you fellas think about him? At least the sideline antics would be entertaining.
Some would really love him, simply because he's animated on the sidelines. A trait some associate with being a good manager.
JCA
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by JCA »

I'm having a fiver on Mike Bassett with Dave Dodds as AM.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

Probably going against the grain but always thought he knows what he's doing and can motivate.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

fjthegrey wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:40 pm Some would really love him, simply because he's animated on the sidelines. A trait some associate with being a good manager.
:lol: :thup:
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

Harry Hound wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:06 pm That's unfortunately why we're gonna need someone like Moyes (I don't think he'd come back unless he got a long contract and decent money, which they're unlikely to give him) to sort this shht show out. Said may times before but so much for "next level".
Someone flexible and experienced.
Daytonahammer
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Daytonahammer »

duncanio wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:16 pm Someone flexible and experienced.
If we go with Moyes it's all rinse and repeat, the same old routine we always do. I would rather go down swinging than parking the bus. I personally want to stick with pellers, but if we go down we need someone to bring us back up because honestly, most championship teams take us to the cleaners.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1857 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Carlos Quieroz and Enzo Maresca have entered the betting
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Daytonahammer wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:27 pmmost championship teams take us to the cleaners.
Most League One teams do. So imagine what the Championship clubs would do to us! :fsake:
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

everyone take us to the cleaners !

the new man must look to get us fitter and instill some pace and threat into the team.

lets ditch the useless crap we have in the squad such as zabaleta(too old and slow now) sanchez, wilshere
add some youngsters with some desire for the club such as Coventry powell Holland Johnson scully
recall trott Cullen and diagana

I want us to have a real go after xmas and get up the table. 442 or 352 formation please.

train hard, get fitter, show desire and fight, decent tactics with plans b,c and d !
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

If Pellers does go I can see Enzo Maresca being given the job,reading about him he got a tune out of the players V Cheslk and he would fit the remit of the board being cheaper than buying out a contract and paying a new manager £££ Zilions. Only time will tell one way or another, but he carries my few £ at 10/1
SiO
Has liked: 562 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by SiO »

Not sure why Zaba is getting a coating here HM11... The fellas you mention have had no bearing on results, unless that is your point... In which case it sort of makes sense!

I still hope Pell turns it around but the team needs investment properly. I'm amazed how many ex players have been trotting out that we spent near 100m last summer.

Interesting that Pell mentioned recently that for all the tactics, the individuals need to perform.... A refreshing point.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

duncanio wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:16 pm Someone flexible and experienced.
Warp's mum?
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

Doc H Ball wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:23 pm More plants than Alan Titchmarsh.
Talking of plants, Sean Whetstone, is on West Ham Fan TV's next podcast.

Can only imagine the gold he has got to spout straight from Sully. Allegedly.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Quite frankly, this side is sleep walking into the Championship. A 6 month survival quick fix that Warnock would almost certainly ensure might have to be the answer. Then see who is available in May. That's what I'd be considering. It's no time for a gamble.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Has Warnock ever kept a side up?