Who Next? The odds

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Re: Who Next? The odds

Post by bubbles1966 »

ChzMff wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:40 pm Hold fire mate. You had us overtaking Liverpool a few seasons back!
If I'd have been running things...... :lol:
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:47 am ironies within ironies.

Moyes? **** me. I recall freezing my knackers off at Everton 2 seasons ago when they had just employed BFS and whacked us on his debut. A man deemed not good enough for us soundly beating another man soon to be deemed not good enough either.

Or we might employ one of MP’s backroom team instead. Carefully scout a manager and headhunt him for 6 months, then sack him for being a poor choice in the first place and go with one of his assistants.

How about reaching into the championship and targeting the leading manager there? Lost 1 in 24, ex player and has brought on one of our loanees more than we’ve managed to.

Clowns with no strategy. Hope it all goes horribly wrong.
Bowyer
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Poll please boss.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Chance an unproven, hungry manager if we can’t tempt Eddie Howe.

By unproven I mean unproven in the league for that Kovac fella is eligible. Even Marcelino or Bielsa.

Stop with the same old tired faces on the merry go round.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Redknapp anyone ?
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Rays Rock wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:14 am Redknapp anyone ?
Put it this way. I'd rather him than Moyes. I'd rather Harry's dog than Moyes tbh
traxop

Post by traxop »

If it's Moyes, then it's going to be a long term contract. I can't imagine Moyes accepting another short-term gig. Are fans going to be happy with the long term ramifications of it? I would rather have someone more progressive and I don't mean Howe(anyone but that fraud).

Ideally, I want someone - with the pedigree - that can squeeze the board for some funds in the Jan. window. That midfield of ours needs to be addressed, and quickly. It may also provide us with the chance to rid ourselves of some dead wood like Sanchez under the guise of new manager's pejorative. A way to letting them go without appearing spiteful.
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

traxop wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:06 am If it's Moyes, then it's going to be a long term contract. I can't imagine Moyes accepting another short-term gig. Are fans going to be happy with the long term ramifications of it? I would rather have someone more progressive and I don't mean Howe(anyone but that fraud).

Ideally, I want someone - with the pedigree - that can squeeze the board for some funds in the Jan. window. That midfield of ours needs to be addressed, and quickly. It may also provide us with the chance to rid ourselves of some dead wood like Sanchez under the guise of new manager's pejorative. A way to letting them go without appearing spiteful.

Who do you suggest?
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

WHO's best ITK saying its moyes.

may the gods of football have mercy on our soul.
Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! »

I have it on good authority Sullivan has held talks with Kovac.

Radoslav Kovac
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

smuts wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:20 am Sacked by Bayern due to a supposed player revolt. Might want to rebuild his reputation?

But it's not going to happen. Old hand or cheap option is the name of the game.
No ones rebuilding their rep at this club.
isambardo

Post by isambardo »

the thought of Moyes coming back thoroughly depresses me, and if it happens, it'll make the owners look spectacularly stupid, but neither of those are necessarily reasons not to do it.

If Moyes is the best realistic chance we have of staying up, and there's an argument he is — because, really, who else who is better would want it? — then he's the man the owners should hire. If they do hire him, and we stay up, I'd give them credit for being willing to look even more daft than they already do, which is not easy.

Let's acknowledge that the club was in a complete shambles when they took over. Any reasonable analysis would conclude it's in better shape now, and that they had a big hand in that. But I wish they'd sell up and give someone else a shot at the end of the season, because there is no long-term method whatsoever to what they have been doing for the last three years, and it sucks all of the fun out of being a fan if you can't at least dream of things getting better.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Telegraph say it’s either Moyes or Pulis. Pulis. If we end up signing Tony Pulis I sincerely hope none of you goes to another match this season. If I had a season ticket that would be the last straw, perhaps irredeemably. Tony Pulis. I’m absolutely gobsmacked.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

WCpete wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:07 am Telegraph say it’s either Moyes or Pulis. Pulis. If we end up signing Tony Pulis I sincerely hope none of you goes to another match this season. If I had a season ticket that would be the last straw, perhaps irredeemably. Tony Pulis. I’m absolutely gobsmacked.
Wouldn’t be surprised if this was a ploy by the owners - spread a rumour that it could be a manager most would hate even more, and then the fan might be more likely to be able to stomach Moyes again.
BMLGirl
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by BMLGirl »

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:39 pm Appointing someone (Maresca) who is currently part of the coaching staff, coaching the players to play like they are currently :?
This. Half of the problem is our players fitness. No wonder they like Maresca so much - he obviously doesn’t work them very hard.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Post by Tenbury »

isambardo wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:01 am

Let's acknowledge that the club was in a complete shambles when they took over. Any reasonable analysis would conclude it's in better shape now, and that they had a big hand in that.
Which club are you on about?

Mine's got houses built on it.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1192 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Top two threads are meant to be about the outgoing and incoming managers. Last post in each are talking about move from Boleyn :asleep:
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

It's the "safe pair of hands" which follows the "woohoo look how ****ing ambitious we are" signing as inevitable as night follows day with these clueless money grabbers.It's the same m o with player signings.We need to break the Sullivan wheel, by scouting young,ambitious managers and players that have something to prove -Instead, we will get the cheapest high profile option and dangle a potential long term contract,if they can keep us up with negligible spending - rinse and repeat! My heart breaks saying it, but relegation and apathy is all we have left with these ****wits in charge.
Feeling very crabby in Krabi!!
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1208 likes

Post by Tenbury »

ironilunga wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:02 am Top two threads are meant to be about the outgoing and incoming managers. Last post in each are talking about move from Boleyn :asleep:
And here's me thinking a discussion would allow response to something already said, silly me.
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

Let`s be honest, we could employ Klopp with Guardiola as assistant and it would still go wrong with our old duffers running things.If it`s Moyes, I`m not sure if it makes Sullivan look even more of a tit, or Moyes that desperate for a job that he would even consider it. Probably both.Stick to selling strap ons and fluffy handcuffs and f*ck off out of our club.