Who Next? The odds

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2393 likes

Re: Who Next? The odds

Post by Ozza »

Never forget that our owners have stated on more than one occasion that a manager with Premier League experience is a prerequisite in their decision.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

People suggesting Rafa are probably the same that hated Curbs, Sam, Moyes :lol: Rafa is a good manager but the football would be dull beyond belief and 1-0 or 0-0 most weeks, I stand by we need a manager like that though, defence first and let the attacking we have on paper potentially shine and pinch some 1-0 wins
Castle
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Castle »

Sullivans List

1) Benitez
2) Redknapp
3) O'neill.

probably won't be benitez mid season as he won't pay out Pellegrini and then pay out on Benitez contract, he also won't risk an unproven Premier league manager like Kovac.

Ideally if Pellegrini where to go I would turn to a young manager with West Ham connections but wouldn't n adverse to seeing other young managers / assistants
A chance, my list would be to interview:

Cowleys
Bowyer
Parker
Gerrard (I know)
Arteta

I would look to pair these with an assistant with recent West Ham history

Collins
Nolan
Collison

I look around Europe and young managers get chances in top leagues all the time, it's about time we start looking at young managers with new ideas and those that are not scared to try something new or bring youth through.
Believer
Has liked: 1435 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Believer »

I see C&H are linking us with Hughton and Dyche. Dyche I can kind of get but Hughton ? Is that our ambition ?
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 878 likes
Total likes: 854 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Kevin Nolan
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Believer wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:05 am I see C&H are linking us with Hughton and Dyche. Dyche I can kind of get but Hughton ? Is that our ambition ?
https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers- ... andidates/
61dicksey
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 435 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Believer wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:05 am I see C&H are linking us with Hughton and Dyche. Dyche I can kind of get but Hughton ? Is that our ambition ?
Please No , both are akin to employing Fat Sam , progressive does not immediately spring to mind.

How many would take the drop to employ say the Cowley Brothers and rebuild ?
Get rid of all these imports that have failed to deliver or have given up
Sell those for £100 million, Anderson , Fornals, Haller, Masuaku, Lanzini , Balbuena and go again Ogbonna would want to leave
Clear out Sanchez , Zabaleta,
Get Noble on the coaching staff
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Dyche is an interesting one. Are his Burnley team always fairly route one? What about at Watford?

Is he capable of more with a more technical squad? Maybe he'd bring McNeil with him.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1163 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

How about one who can speak ****ing English for a start. I find it painful listening to him and Unai Emery is even worse
neathiron
Has liked: 487 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Post by neathiron »

61dicksey wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:17 am
How many would take the drop to employ say the Cowley Brothers and rebuild ?
Get rid of all these imports that have failed to deliver or have given up
Sell those for £100 million, Anderson , Fornals, Haller, Masuaku, Lanzini , Balbuena and go again Ogbonna would want to leave
Clear out Sanchez , Zabaleta,
Get Noble on the coaching staff
Count me in
Believer
Has liked: 1435 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Believer »

thejackhammer wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:23 am Dyche is an interesting one. Are his Burnley team always fairly route one? What about at Watford?

Is he capable of more with a more technical squad? Maybe he'd bring McNeil with him.
The thought of Dyche towering over Sullivan and snarling his demands at him are a pleasant thought however, he would suffer a huge increase in wages to be a scapegoat like most of his predecessors.

Dyche in my opinion is a younger perhaps more positive Allardyce. Thing is, I don’t think Dyche would have resorted to Carroll just cos he was fit again...

I don’t want Hughton, Pulis, Rafa, McLeish. I’d actually have Moyes back. Give him some money and I think he would be ok. He would certainly get us fit and interested again...
Sliema1990
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Sliema1990 »

I certainly don't think for one minute,Dyche would put up with players pulling out of tackles.Having poor workrate,and being unfit. Even when they lose, you know you've been in a game with them.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

People advocating for the Cowley's have they seen their teams play? They are pretty much at every club have played mostly route one type football. They're just another Dyche, Sam, really but obviously far less proven at the higher levels.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 940 likes
Total likes: 1953 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:45 am How about one who can speak ****ing English for a start. I find it painful listening to him and Unai Emery is even worse
That’s Dyche out then.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Does it matter who the next guy is?

Its bound to be some old school, uninspiring,
hoofball, pragmatist.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Believer wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:54 amI’d actually have Moyes back. Give him some money and I think he would be ok. He would certainly get us fit and interested again...
Why? He'd be the last person I'd want as manager. Loses the dressing room and an alarming rate, tactically hopeless and the football would be dire. Recipe for disaster IMO.
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by Jon »

I'd love Nolan to have a pop at some of our nancy boys. I'd pay good money to watch the training sessions!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Jon wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:26 pmI'd love Nolan to have a pop at some of our nancy boys. I'd pay good money to watch the training sessions!
As satisfying as that would be, it'd alienate the players even further and re-enact what Man Utd and Chelsea squads did to Mourinho.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

It's early days but it will be interesting to watch the progress of Michael O'Neil's Stoke and whether Alex Neil can promote Preston and keep them up after failing with Norwich.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

BondsoBob wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:52 pm Hopefully. Don't want that dodgy Shyster (another one) anywhere near our club again.
Harry would be great - maybe ITV would do a special I’m A Celebrity catch-up episode. The three stooges could feature prominently, with Karen giving a tour of her match day wardrobe. Free publicity!