Who Next? The odds

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Re: Who Next? The odds

Post by aaronhammer »

The other thing about bringing Moyes back is that the bounce or shock factor is surely lessened with a group of players who a large chunk of have played for him before.
damiant
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by damiant »

Get zlatan in, the lion can be player coach
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

#moyes out
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Has Moyes been appointed? Only I have read in this morning's 'Sunday Telegraph' it is between him and Pulis :(
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:39 pm Moyes is the safest and cheapest option. He’d keep us up which is all that currently matters.
Wouldn’t Hughton do the same? plus he’s a West Ham fan?
aaronhammer
Has liked: 176 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

A better option than Moyes and Pulis but still far from ideal, a coaching team of Harry Redknapp, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Paolo Di Canio, and Rio Ferdinand. Let’s get the band back together :lol:
WeallwantMoore

Post by WeallwantMoore »

Surely they must go for Benitez
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

FYI: according to Wendel - the apparent ITK over on WHO, it is Moyes.
Last edited by Italian Hammer on Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Spurs get Jose (who may have been out of our reach but you never know), and Everton somehow end up with Ancelotti. We’ll be getting Moyes. Uninspiring, lifeless and hardly going to pull up any trees. I’m not doubting he’s what we need right now, but to then know he’s staying for another 2/3 years makes no sense.

Either go all out to get one of Benitez or Howe, it at least shows we intend to go forward
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

I do not get all the Moyes hate.

He took a disjointed, disorganised and unfit rabble left by Bilic and turned them into a functioning side with a pattern of play suited to the players available.

People talk of Wilder or Howe, their teams work hard and suit the players they have available to them. That is the job of the manager - put out a team that will give 100% in a system best suited to them with the best chance of winning the game. I have very rarely seen that this season as abject performance follows abject performance.

Yesterday was another prime example, for 30 seconds the players showed what they are actually capable of and scored a very good goal then promptly thought “job done” and we did not see it again all game. The second half was dire as we were pretty brutally exposed by Leicester’s second team, they treated us like a lower league club in a cup tie and our players and manager let them.

We need someone in that dressing room who is prepared to work them hard, tell a few home truths and if necessary bruise a few egos.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Gsbgsb wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:39 am I do not get all the Moyes hate.

He took a disjointed, disorganised and unfit rabble left by Bilic and turned them into a functioning side with a pattern of play suited to the players available.

People talk of Wilder or Howe, their teams work hard and suit the players they have available to them. That is the job of the manager - put out a team that will give 100% in a system best suited to them with the best chance of winning the game. I have very rarely seen that this season as abject performance follows abject performance.

Yesterday was another prime example, for 30 seconds the players showed what they are actually capable of and scored a very good goal then promptly thought “job done” and we did not see it again all game. The second half was dire as we were pretty brutally exposed by Leicester’s second team, they treated us like a lower league club in a cup tie and our players and manager let them.

We need someone in that dressing room who is prepared to work them hard, tell a few home truths and if necessary bruise a few egos.
I noticed that too. Our players have small bollox ego's
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

There are teams in the Championship who would baulk at a shortlist of Hughton and Moyes.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Look at every team in the premier league and league 1 and see who we’d prefer Moyes over.
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

We weren’t good under Moyes. We got rid of him for a reason. Never go back. It’s never a good idea.

People have the rose tinted glasses on.
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:03 am Has Moyes been appointed? Only I have read in this morning's 'Sunday Telegraph' it is between him and Pulis :(
Pulis is in the mix to make Moyes more acceptable. . They won't appoint Pulis will they? :shock:
Last edited by OFT on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 120 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

Niko Kovac please!
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

jacko wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:02 am Never go back. It’s never a good idea.
that's my thinking. Whether or not they 'did right' by Moyes, and FWIW I don't think they did, going back to him now is a bad idea, not as bad as Pulis but bad
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Their chalk and cheese approach to management continues, aside from the obvious, is it any wonder that we are always trapped in footballs equivalent to nomansland.. sigh.
17 years of hurt
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

It’s the constant short sightedness with these c**** that does my head in. It really is getting beyond a joke. If it is Moyes then things will get toxic pretty quickly. You watch how these cretins will shape it through their usual mouthpieces that us fans are clueless and don’t know what we want etc. Sad thing is certain parts of our fan base buy it and will be believing Moyes is the right choice at this moment in time.

Employ a half decent manager, replace the full backs, get an athletic, energetic box to box mf and possibly a new striker and we’re comfortably finishing mid table. There is literally no reason why they shouldn’t do this. Of course they won’t though.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

I’d rather judge Moyes by the job he did last time as opposed to name, reputation etc.

He did a good job in organising a mess and producing a functioning football side well suited to its players. That is what I want of a manager and I do not care what he is called, where he has been etc. Get the best out of the players available to you, something MP has clearly failed to do most of this season.

Wilder could come but he could not then get us playing like his current side as we do not have the players to suit that style, Howe could probably get us playing more like his Bournemouth but they are hardly a target to aspire to at the moment. Strangely the manager who could probably get us playing closest to his current successful team is the guy at Wolves, we could play his 3-4-3 with few adaptions.