Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Tackler

Protests against the board being planned

Post by Tackler » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 pm

It´s about time!

You can feel the heat on this thread on WHO

http://westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?9379462||1||

Details of this will appear on the forums (WHO, KUMB and Hammerschat) in the coming days

fjthegrey

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by fjthegrey » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:05 pm

The fact these only seem to take place when we're playing crap and losing really does detract from their credibility in my opinion.

brothernero

Post by brothernero » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:10 pm

fjthegrey wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:05 pm
The fact these only seem to take place when we're playing crap and losing really does detract from their credibility in my opinion.

Which is exactly what the media will come out and say.

Any kind of protest towards the board needs to be sustained and kept up until they are gone and that includes during those rare periods where we look a half decent team.

IMVHO

LOS

Post by LOS » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:11 pm

fjthegrey wrote:
Yep. Bang on. It will be spun that we are petulant.

il_martello_di_genovesi

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:13 pm

fjthegrey wrote:
Agree.

Tbh, it was said on here plenty of times. A couple of new signings and a couple of good results and people go quiet. Football fans as a whole are fickle and we’re no different.

That Burnley game should have been the start of it, but turned out to pretty much be it...

mushy

Post by mushy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:13 pm

I can't actually see where it says people are going to protest.

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 pm

^

Even the press will have to admit we haven't got the world class stadium and players that were promised..

And Hammers United have been on the clubs case since March 2019, writing countless emails to the club and now having FSA support, MP support.
Eufa and the premier league have been contacted...

Hardly being petulant over recent results

The more our fans are negative about this the more our club dies

Please just support it

LOS

Post by LOS » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:24 pm

Phil S wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 pm
^

Please just support it
1000%.

Graza

Post by Graza » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:33 pm

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:13 pm
Agree.

Tbh, it was said on here plenty of times. A couple of new signings and a couple of good results and people go quiet. Football fans as a whole are fickle and we’re no different.

That Burnley game should have been the start of it, but turned out to pretty much be it...
The thing is that in the wake of the Burnley debacle real change was promised at the end of the season. Some changes were made, some money was spent, lots of other vague handwavy crap was insinuated and half promised and never delivered.

The fans then adopted a wait and see on if it would be sustained. Personally I think it should have started the moment the summer window closed or at least when Hernandez was sold with no possibility of a replacement, but the team was doing ok (Antonio and Fabianski were fit) and again it's been wait and see, but there is a clear view now of what a slash and burn summer we've had and the impact of that.

Also frankly who gives a **** what the media or other fans say. Not one of them mentioned Son not having to go off the pitch despite having both his legs broken in a horror challenge that will traumatize children for centuries and having received hitherto unknown medical wizardry to allow him to Sprint seconds later... So I think we all know there will be no balance there.

We're anything to be set up again it would need to have a proper set of realistic aims. But as I said elsewhere on this site the fanbase is too fractured and worn into apathy by the last attempt to come back together just yet. Whatever they did, whatever it cost them, they played a blinder on that one.

Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:36 pm

Enough people have been complaining for ages that we have been short changed and it was all terrible rubbish etc - now that the football results are matching it’s bound to result in protests as those that were happy now join those that weren’t happy. You’d be hard pushed to find any West Ham fans that are contented with what is being served up right now.

If I could vote to sack the board or vote of no confidence or straight up civil war or military cooo I’d be up for it. I’d press the nuke em button on gold Brady and Sullivan right now if that was an option.

Pentonville

Post by Pentonville » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:33 am

I'm all for protest if its led by either or preferably both of the two democratic independent supporters groups. But not by any self-appointed 'real' fans groups, we all know where that leads. This requires proper, accountable leadership, with some properly thought out demands - the main one must be for an independent supports trust with a seat on the board, and a commitment to investment proportional to what the board have made in profits over the last decade.

Samba

Post by Samba » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:29 am

Phil S wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 pm
Hardly being petulant over recent results
The more our fans are negative about this the more our club dies
Please just support it
:thup:
Plenty of times in West Ham's history that we've had a terrible run but that hasn't resulted in fan protests. Even in relegation years, there haven't really been fan protests. We're not that shallow that we protest that bad results shouldn't happen to us. It's part & parcel of being a football fan.
The planned march in March 2018 wasn't primarily about poor results & neither would it be now. It goes much, much, deeper than that.
Poor results (& the lack of match enjoyment) however, reminds us again & again, just what has been done to us by GSB. Yes, a win or a draw now & again & people probably wouldn't be getting riled up but that wouldn't mean that the OS was now fine & ok or that the move had been the right decision.
What bad results & pisspoor performances really do is reawaken & magnify the anger that is already there. There wouldn't be unrest or protests planned now, if we were still playing at Upton Park. We were used to bad results & pisspoor performances there.
It's just a LOT harder to take now. We were MADE to leave Upton Park & virtually promised that it was the only way to bring success.
Now it all looks like it was lies to just shut us up. THAT'S why people are angry, again. It reminds us what we've lost.

SEAHammer

Post by SEAHammer » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 am

Off course results matter but this is about where our club is being taken.

We were promised, and we believed, that a move to a 60,000 stadium, with seats a similar distance from the pitch as The Boleyn, would enable us to move to "the next level" with income to match the big six ... we didn't expect titles but we did at least expect to compete.

The reality is we're now in an athletics stadium, sure we get 50,000+ fans but our revenue has hardly moved, instead of "the next level" if anything we've dropped further behind

In terms of revenue City, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs are miles ahead ... Leicester and Everton are fast disappearing as well ...

It's not that the football is crap, which it is, but that the whole ethos of our club has gone, we were the "East End Boys" "The Academy of Football" going to the Boleyn was "intimidating" for players and fans alike. Now we're a tourist destination, something to do when in London.

We should protest, just not sure what the demands need to be ... new owners, new board, new manager, new players, but most of all get us out of the athletics stadium ... that's asking a hell of a lot but without change the only way is down.

Tenbury

Post by Tenbury » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:14 am

Hard to disagree with any of that, except,I fear,the last sentence.

Sad to say, but I genuinely believe that things will only change IF we go down.

goa127

Post by goa127 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:17 am

I'm not sure what is the focus of the protest. Didn't spend enough in the summer? True, but they'd probably produce some figures which say they can't spend big every year. Hate the stadium? we've been here for three years now, the Boleyn is gone where else are we going? The owners are c++ts Very true but they always have been and aren't going to change EVER. Would like new owners? I think most of us would but until someone comes along with a fistful of dollars we're stuck

One Peter Butler

Post by One Peter Butler » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:10 am

The only potential nucleus for real change is relegation. And as somebody alluded to on another thread, how about dropping two divisions.

Sack the protests I say.

All the time we remain on the gravy train this regime will bleed us dry. The gravy train for us is about to derail. Let it happen.

hammers92

Post by hammers92 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:34 am

Charlton fans had it right, disrupt the game and keep on disrupting until something gives.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:05 am

This was posted after the Newcastle match.

Just watched Hammers Chat take on the match.Good guys,clearly care about West Ham ,-Been trying to get them to support us,unsuccessfully so far

.I think the obvious problem is the manager.-Probably not up for the challenge,lets face it we pulled him out of semi retirement.But who employed him?-The main problem about Gold and Sullivan is that they are only in it for the money and dont give a **** about the fans and destroying our heritage ,whilst at the same time wont spend the neccessary money(25 million this year).But there is another problem apart from them having short arms and long pockets.-They have proved time and time again that they havnt got a scoobies how to run a football club.-They DID spend money on Pellegrini but this was a mistake.

Hammers United are now getting pressurised into protesting but I say this.We are campaigning for the club to speak to the democratically elected fans bodies,as they should.We hope they listen but of course If they dont then we will have to protest in some way.-We will have no-where else to go.

We were mandated by our members to pursue 3 'flagship points.1.Stewarding.-Done.2.Distance of seats from the pitch.working hard behind the scenes.Getting somewhere but takes time.3.Encouraging the Board to spent decent transfer budget..Some supporters thought(not H.U.)the spend was adequate.We could hardly protest about that till we saw how it panned out.-It is now clear that expenditure was insufficient.We must campaign hard now for funds to be made available for players and if results do not improve soon for funds to be made available to replace the manager.

So we campaign on 2 fronts.If the club do not respond positively then there is no course left but to take action.-We will have to either put up or shut up.Make no mistake we need all our members,and many others to support these 2 campaigns.-And if necessary to take action.I believe that the fanbase has one last fight in it.-One last chance to take our club back.These campaigns and if necessary action cannot fail.If it comes to action we will need 20,000.No ****ing about,no failure.-So if it comes to that we must be ready,-Failure is not an option.-And the time is not yet right.-Though depending on the club's reaction it may be fast approaching!

Please join us by EMailing on membership@hammersunited.com or by joining on facebook.
www.hammersunited.com

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:06 am

brothernero wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:10 pm

Any kind of protest towards the board needs to be sustained and kept up until they are gone and that includes during those rare periods where we look a half decent team.

Which is what the next group that take the lead on this planned protest must pledge. It has to be calculated, organised, thorough...... almost military in its approach. Most importantly, it must be transparent in any dealings it may have with the board.

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:10 am

hammers92 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:34 am
Charlton fans had it right, disrupt the game and keep on disrupting until something gives.
They still have the same owner despite all the protests.