Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Northbank Bar

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Northbank Bar » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:15 am

My mates are walkling away in droves.They have all done 40 years plus home and away.We have had many bad teams,several relegations.They never walked away then.This is not just bad results.It is much more.This is the death of a football club.

likemydreams

Post by likemydreams » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:27 am

Northbank Bar wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:15 am
My mates are walkling away in droves.They have all done 40 years plus home and away.We have had many bad teams,several relegations.They never walked away then.This is not just bad results.It is much more.This is the death of a football club.
This is 100% correct and such a shame

Samba

Post by Samba » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:31 am

For anyone claiming that a large, organised protest won't achieve anything, I point you towards the small, unorganised protest that occurred during the Burnley March '18 match.
What was it, just around 200 people?
Seemed to work quite well. Imagine if it was large & organised..

S-H

Post by S-H » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:39 am

I bet the protests that happened during the Burnley game had nothing to do with them appointing Pellegrini, and then backing him heavily in his first transfer window.

Sullivan wanted a name, he got the name, but the name wouldn't come unless he had X amount of millions to spend on new signings.

szola

Post by szola » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:41 am

The more who'll go, the better.

I think FJ is spot on. They don't care if you've been going for 40 years or 40 seconds.
They want the money (check) and the limelight (check).

fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:48 am

Samba wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:31 am
For anyone claiming that a large, organised protest won't achieve anything, I point you towards the small, unorganised protest that occurred during the Burnley March '18 match.
Yet here we are, 18 months later, talking about exactly the same things.

Marky

Post by Marky » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:50 am

I will support all protests 100%. I hope every West Ham does as well

S-H

Post by S-H » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:56 am

The protests probably made them feel uncomfortable, at worst embarrassed, as it was all so public.

But what actually changed as a result of that day?

ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:58 am

S-H wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:56 am
The protests probably made them feel uncomfortable, at worst embarrassed, as it was all so public.

But what actually changed as a result of that day?
Sully got another few coins for his piggy bank

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am

S H .You say the protests didn't change anything.Some say they did,with a record spend.

I say there weren't any protests.A few people on the pitch and a couple of hundred singing and gesticulating.

If there is a protest I think it needs to be a little more than that!!!

S-H

Post by S-H » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:28 am

Northbank Bar wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am
S H .You say the protests didn't change anything.Some say they did,with a record spend.

Employing a manager like Pellegrini, a record spend was probably always on the cards?

I say there weren't any protests.A few people on the pitch and a couple of hundred singing and gesticulating.

Absolutley, but timing is key. As fj alluded to, it won't reflect well on the fan base to protest whilst things aren't going well.

Samba

Post by Samba » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:29 am

Northbank Bar wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am
It definitely unnerved them & they were not at all happy. It's all about 'the brand', remember & controlling the narrative. That day, (despite them believing that they had fiendishly 'quelled it'), they were not in control & their brand was being sullied...so to speak. And that was only a couple of hundred people..

Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:30 am

Will be interesting to see the turnout/support for any potential protest given what happened with the last one. I wonder if some of the more casual protesters might not bother wasting their time. Personally, I'll be there - these w*nkers have been taking the piss for far too long.

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:40 am

It's what eventually made them quit Birmingham, remember that. In fact, Eureka moment !! Has anybody thought of making a post on the Brum fans fanzone and asking for some ideas how they managed it ? Might be worth a go

psychoscoredthelot

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:44 am

i gave my season ticket up last season because i felt so disconnected with the club, stadium and a lot of the new supporters we attract BUT Saturdays werent the same, missed drinking with my mates and the laughs we have. So we now have 2 ST between 3 of us and pick and choose what games we want to go to between us taking into consideration those we are unable to attend.

the problem with just staying away is that they already have our money

im all up for protests though and if they no longer attend games due to these protests then its a step in the right direction.

its terrible that so many ardent supporters are turning their back on the club (me previously being one of them) and hopefully they will return once GSB are gone BUT even if/when they do go we are still left with a terrible stadium that constantly wins the worst in the premier league award, stewards that dont understand our support and daytrippers that are diluting the atmosphere.

Dont even get me started on the ****ing half & half scarves that grown men purchase - if they were on sale down green street i think the sellers would have got a dig or 2

never a truer word sung than - youre not west ham anymore

taffhammer

Post by taffhammer » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:54 am

psychoscoredthelot wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:44 am

the problem with just staying away is that they already have our money
Exactly right.

They are sanitising our support and yet are more than happy because they a selling out for every game. At 2-0 down against Spurs and the stadiums dead, our support could have got us back in the game ten years ago. Its not the stadium its the fact they have divided us and diluted us. I hope theres another protest that goes on till the football world knows what they are up to and all those that have given up because of them come back and join it.

goa127

Post by goa127 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:00 pm

To say that it's nothing to do with onfield performances is delusional. Before our dramatic Roberto-inspired slump no-one was calling for protests. Lots of people complained about our summer transfer business (or lack of it) but they weren't talking about taking to the streets. The Burnley kerfuffle two seasons ago has gone into folklore as a defining moment but the reality of that moment was the majority of our supporters in the stadium were angry at the pitch invaders, just below where I sit they were immeadiately attacked when they got back into the stand. Most supporters just don't care until things go badly on the pitch. I know many Irons supporters from different places and the vast majority of them don't really care about the board (although I've met no one who likes them) all they care about is the team on the pitch. It may well be true that many supporters of long standing have drifted away (I did a bit about 10 years ago) but there's still plenty to replace them. Whether this is good or bad I'm not one to judge

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:03 pm

Forget “did they or didn’t they?”
Leave “Could have and should have” behind
Now is the time for “can do and will do”
It’s time to draw a line under the recent past. As long as we squabble and argue amongst ourselves there will be no mass protest or belief that change can be brought about.
It’s time that ALL supporters groups, forums and pages (and those without affiliation to any of them) to stand up and be counted, present a united front and a singular themed message to the board.
Quite simply we need to say “enough is enough”
This is a quite brilliant and massively influential forum. There are several others. There are also several fan groups and numerous Facebook pages. All of us need to be singing from the same hymn book. And when, as opposed to if, we protest it has to be big, loud and most importantly legal. We as fans have to hold the moral high ground in our efforts to effect change.
So come on KUMB, Hammers Chat and the like,
Come in Facebook page admins..
And come on Hammers everywhere.
YOU are needed. NOW.
Join HU or a group like it, get messages of support on your given forums and let’s Tell GSB that their efforts simply aren’t good enough.
For me this is the last chance saloon, so let’s either dig in and fight or would the last person out turn off the lights.
Thanks for listening.
Rant over
⚒⚒

Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:04 pm

It may be late but everything should be aimed at getting us out of that soul drainer. How far would we need to go down before the payments are unsustainable? I can handle being **** that's fine it's all part of supporting this shower but playing home games in this place is a whole new thing. It'll never be suited to West Ham's traditional fan base. West Ham is pointless without us fans. We don't need 30,000 newbie/neutrals sitting in silence just to crow about attendance, who gives a ****. I have walked away from it currently because it boils my piss so much. Surely this can't be it , let's start where we should have after Burnley and make it as uncomfortable as possible for the liars to show their deceiving greedy faces anywhere near the dump.

Please get us out of that place , somehow. Has anyone got a massive spanner to have a go some of them bolts?

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:06 pm

they have STH money so you might as well attend. I think a few sack the board chants at upcoming TV matches will help .
cant condone violence or breaking the law. a few flags Sullivan out etc is all we can do.
next season don't renew STs as their are plenty of tickets