Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Kialos

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Kialos » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:23 pm

e17 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:08 pm
Kialos - you can add the following to that list:
Added with pleasure :thup:

e17

Post by e17 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:52 pm

Top lass :thup:

Your original made me livid by the way - only because it was so painfully spot on

goa127

Post by goa127 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:00 am

See Leon isn't on the list.😂 He's a gem isn't he?

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:58 am

I was working yesterday afternoon/evening so have only just caught up with this.Some excellent debate on KUMB and great to see that some still care passionately about our club.

Hammers United Committee has 2 places left whilst we are always on the lookout for more 'friends' so if any of you would like to chat about contributing please pm.me.

Also,should we be forced into planning action we will need all the help we can get so if we reach that situation and you want to help we would be grateful.-Thank You.

Hammers United Committee.

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:26 am

e17 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:11 pm
The more I think about what they’ve done at this club, the more I loathe them
Lets not forget the phone line scandal, in which you pay a premium rate (cost me £20 to order tickets about 3yrs ago) to order tickets by phone. Guess who owns or at the very least is a majority shareholder in that scam?

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:46 am

Exiledin cardiff wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:04 pm
As with regards to a protest, in my opinion the way to do this is on a matchday those who wish to protest leave their seat on the 20 minute mark and go to the concourses. Stay there until the start of the second half and then return. It would certainly get noticed on a televised game, and maybe raise an eye brow or two from the board. Repeat this every televised game show them that we are not pushovers paid off with a few flags and beer shelves.

Secondly we have to use their tactics of divide and conquer, make it uncomfortable for Gold and Brady, highlight every promise and lie, highlight the Supporters board for what it is.

Gold will fold quite quickly I feel, he's said on numerous occasions he would go if he didn't feel welcome. Sully is a harder nut to crack but he has to have an Achilles heel it's just finding it.
Like the sentiment of leaving seats.
Make it more West Ham..
leave at 6 minutes, stay out for 6 minutes.. then you have 64,75 and 80 to play with.. gives TV pundits something to get their teeth into..
MV ⚒⚒

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:12 am

The problem with any action inside the ground is that thousands who would support a protest no longer go to the ground.-And more are walking away every week.

Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:30 am

Exiledin cardiff wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:04 pm
As with regards to a protest, in my opinion the way to do this is on a matchday those who wish to protest leave their seat on the 20 minute mark and go to the concourses. Stay there until the start of the second half and then return. It would certainly get noticed on a televised game, and maybe raise an eye brow or two from the board. Repeat this every televised game show them that we are not pushovers paid off with a few flags and beer shelves.
Protest sponsored by Lagunitas!

Our next home match against Arsenal is being televised - and to encourage everyone to go to the concourses Lagunitas are selling their beers for £3 a pint in their kiosks by 144 and the STB screen until full-time.

Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:35 am

Surely those that want to protest that don’t go anymore should protest outside the ground? Or even on or near the site of the old ground?

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:47 am

This may sound like I am being flippant but I am really not, but I have had an idea
Given that with enough people buying you can get a single into the Christmas charts with a download, would it not be possible for someone talented within the west ham fraternity to quickly write a basic song about the owners and wanting them removed, release it as a download and then get as many West Ham fans as possible to buy it
This would create lots of negative PR even if the song didn't make the charts

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:01 am

^^^

"Our owner is a right James Blunt"

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:07 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:47 am
This may sound like I am being flippant but I am really not, but I have had an idea
Given that with enough people buying you can get a single into the Christmas charts with a download, would it not be possible for someone talented within the west ham fraternity to quickly write a basic song about the owners and wanting them removed, release it as a download and then get as many West Ham fans as possible to buy it
and this weeks number 1 in the charts
"Brady, Brady you're a ****

If the song is good enough we could enter it for that annual song competition...

that's the only way we're getting in to Europe

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:07 am

Georgee,the ones that don't go anymore will be among the most vociferous if it comes to a protest.-A lot of the old school who feel pushed out.

S-H

Post by S-H » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:

S-H

Post by S-H » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:14 am

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:23 am

S-H wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:01 pm
On fire, Venk :thup:
Echoed. There’s been some great posting in this thread but it was then good doctor who nailed it.

psychoscoredthelot

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:08 pm

LeonRivers wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:15 pm
You’ll never find me backing any moves to throw more missiles at pensioners. :thdn:

A few sheep could do with reading a little about military espionage tactics. The organisers of these idiotic protests aren’t West Ham supporters. They’re probably on the same payroll as the spies that went rummaging through Brady’s discarded sanitary towels when we were going to be given the Olympic Stadium. :lol:
did that happen then - all i saw was a programme and i was there

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:27 pm

With regards to comprehensive lists of poor practise, has much changed since I created this thread nearly two years ago?

(You'll need to click on the tweet below to see the full litany of misdemeanours.)

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:31 pm

psychoscoredthelot wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:08 pm
did that happen then - all i saw was a programme and i was there
and a scarf
I was side on and didn't see any coins, no one was charged with throwing coins, no one was ejected for throwing coins, Sullivan didn't visit specsavers to get new glasses...Fake news

Someone has an agenda :thdn:

Hammer.CA

Post by Hammer.CA » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:18 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: