Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Johnny_C WHU

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Johnny_C WHU » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:31 am

Samba :thup:

Hammerman 11 - sorry to say that I am one of those who has already given up their season ticket. I tried so hard to get behind the club every other week but the club I loved is gone.
Even though we was rubbish most of the time we always seemed to be peoples second team mostly because of the fans and the values the club held, proper working mans club. We played football the right way (mostly) and had identifiable players. We are now classless (for example that Mourinho tweet sent by the club last week) and laughed at. The club is plastic and rotten with no identity and most of it has been with those three in charge.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 am

totally agree. we have been in this position before with crap teams but we always had our home identity and soul.
now we are crap on the field but even worse off it.
the stadium is an embarrassment to all genuine football fans and is getting worse.
with the amount of TV games coming up I wont be attending until possibly the everton game in mid January unless that to becomes a sky soccer special !
I watched the spurs disgrace from my sofa and was thinking that I was glad I didn't go. I used to love a London derby but seeing our so called players stroll around with little effort really does ram it home that they don't care. I exclude noble rice ogbonna snoddy and Antonio who at least gave it a go .
then I thought about the dreary walk to and from the bowl !
I hate the place and what we have become but realistically it wont be changing anytime soon under gsb.

maybe if they sack pelle the onfield side of things will improve but it is the so called matchday experience that is killing it for me. awful.

MAY 2016 WHU RIP

LOS

Post by LOS » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:01 am

hammerman11 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 am

maybe if they sack pelle the onfield side of things will improve but it is the so called matchday experience that is killing it for me. awful.

nutshell. Some of us can't get past that.

One Peter Butler

Post by One Peter Butler » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:07 am

LOS wrote: nutshell. Some of us can't get past that.
Some very raw pain on this thread.

Years ago you knew the team would improve eventually.

Never has it been the case that we need, all in one go:

New board,
New stadium,
New manager,
New players.

Such a combination leaves us hamstrung and that is where such pain rises from.

If West Ham were in a hospital bed, a decision would surely be made to turn off the life support machine.

SammyLeeWasOffside

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:41 am

hammerman11 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 am
it is the so called matchday experience that is killing it for me. awful.
No amount of protesting can solve that though. The ground isn't anywhere that has a sense of community and belonging. Whatever they do it will still all feel plastic.

For me the only thing left was to stop giving GSB any of my money. Take away what i loved and I take away what you do. Its a meaningless gesture really I know.

SammyLeeWasOffside

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:05 am

Northbank Bar wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:27 am
Cuenca.Rules and regulations have been debated on here already at great length.I don't think any of us can gain from doing the whole thing over and over again.The process is taking it's course and the club may still decide to engage.-Let us hope so.

We have cited the regulations to support our request that they meet but the real issue to our members and West Ham fans in general is what is right and wrong.Every other Premier League team meets with it's supporters.-89 of thel91 League clubs meet with their supporters.Our members are not too bothered about rules and regulations,they know what is right and what is wrong and they are campaigning for West Ham to do what is right.
You are hoping GSB do what is right? Good luck with that lol.

The regulation/guideline thing matters because if they choose to ignore you your only hope is a challenge to the FA or UEFA I would imagine. For that to succeed they need to have breached something that is punishable.

The UEFA bit states
1 The licence applicant must have appointed a supporter liaison officer to act as the
key contact point for supporters.
2 The supporter liaison officer will regularly meet and collaborate with the relevant
club personnel on all related matters.
Have the club done this?

The FA bit lets the club decide who is relevant and hold regular (min once a year) meetings with those groups. Have they done that?

I hope I am wrong but i think you are going to face the inadequacy of what the governing bodies have put in place. My reading of it is they have done the minimum required. It will only change if you can find a way to show them they will make more money by engaging with fans and taking the ideas on board.

The Old Mile End

Post by The Old Mile End » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:15 am

That's why for me, cards on the table, I want "out of the stadium" as the protest goal.

I say this in the best interest of West Ham United FC.

That means whatever it takes, wherever we end up. :crest:

taffhammer

Post by taffhammer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:34 am

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:35 pm
I don't feel that any supporters clubs anywhere have any right to ask the club to invest. it's not their remit. and who is to say how much should be the spend ?
Why not ?
Surely if clubs with a 12,000 capacity or 30,000 with the expense of their own stadium you have to question why they can spend more than us. All these clubs that outspend us get the same tv money and by asking GSB to spend on players you are questioning where the money goes without calling them out for milking the club.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:45 am

fact is when we do buy players we over pay for them. also no one else is ever in for the rubbish we buy !
haller 45m more like 25m
Anderson 42m more like 25m
ajeti 8m try 5m
yarmolenko 20m not worth more than 10m
wilshere 3yrs 100k contract - madness
Roberto - why ?
martin why ?
sanchez 4m useless

the list is endless and yet we sell our players way too low
Fernandez 8m
perez 2m
Hernandez 8m

if sully is negotiating fees then he fails in both the buying and selling of players !
we could have bought dedonker for 12m Maddison 20m ben yedder 10m all miles better than what we have !

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:51 am

One Peter Butler wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:07 am
Some very raw pain on this thread.

Years ago you knew the team would improve eventually.

Never has it been the case that we need, all in one go:

New board,
New stadium,
New manager,
New players.

Such a combination leaves us hamstrung and that is where such pain rises from.

If West Ham were in a hospital bed, a decision would surely be made to turn off the life support machine.
So to carry on the hospital theme..
We need to act as a defibrillator and hopefully restart the beating heart of our West Ham.
There is no easy path forward and there will be many metaphorical casualties. But it’s too important an issue to do nothing. If we can’t unite and at least stop the slide towards “West Ham Olympic London PLC” then all is already lost.
Surely we have one more fight left in us before we all reach for the pipe and slippers and start watching daytime TV..
I, for one, sincerely hope so..
MV ⚒⚒

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:27 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:51 am
So to carry on the hospital theme..
We need to act as a defibrillator and hopefully restart the beating heart of our West Ham.
There is no easy path forward and there will be many metaphorical casualties. But it’s too important an issue to do nothing. If we can’t unite and at least stop the slide towards “West Ham Olympic London PLC” then all is already lost.
Surely we have one more fight left in us before we all reach for the pipe and slippers and start watching daytime TV..
I, for one, sincerely hope so..
MV ⚒⚒
MV, the slide might actually be what is required to get West Ham back.

If we slide so far that these old c**** that are bleeding us dry cut and run, the fans will be all that's left.

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:32 pm

taffhammer wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:34 am
Why not ?
Surely if clubs with a 12,000 capacity or 30,000 with the expense of their own stadium you have to question why they can spend more than us. All these clubs that outspend us get the same tv money and by asking GSB to spend on players you are questioning where the money goes without calling them out for milking the club.
Taff

you can point to other clubs all you want - and remember I ain't no lover of the board in any way shape or form - all I think is that the supporters can "want" spend all they want. not many business let the inmates run the asylum (meant in only a comparative way).

teams in all sports all over the world have signed players that proved unpopular with the fans. the people that run those clubs cannot afford to listen to fans. have managers they want sacked.

look a the whose next thread here. are we going to let the fans choose the next Boss ? why not

look at the pay to have your say thread ? should we all buy a BitCoin equivalent and choose the starting line up for next week ? why not

there's no way on earth that fans should determine if the club should invest and how much. we all have so many differing views. we might as well hold a raffle with the winner choosing the amount and who we spend it on.

of those clubs around us, do you think the board asked THEIR fans how much to spend ? it comes from the ambition of the owners/board.

and we know how much ambition ours has.

none. zero. nada. zilch.

Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:02 pm

The Old Mile End wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:15 am
That's why for me, cards on the table, I want "out of the stadium" as the protest goal.

I say this in the best interest of West Ham United FC.

That means whatever it takes, wherever we end up. :crest:
This is it ^, we have to get out of there at any cost. Moaning about investment, form, etc etc could have applied onwards from 1987 it's always been mostly pony.

MadMart

Post by MadMart » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Just to add to Hammerman11's list of recent overpriced player purchases - I give you
Pablo Fornals - cost: £25m // value: 2 bob

SammyLeeWasOffside

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:36 pm

Porkeyes wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:02 pm
This is it ^, we have to get out of there at any cost. Moaning about investment, form, etc etc could have applied onwards from 1987 it's always been mostly pony.
I agree on the wish. The problem is and go where? We would be looking for an owner with ~1bn to spend on a new ground + the asking price + money to invest in keeping us in the PL.

Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:45 pm

i don't necessarily want out of that stadium, though i'd have to stress that turning the immediate area into somewhere suitable for a football ground is as important to me as turning that absolute monstrosity into somewhere suitable for playing football.

you might say it's a big ask, but all i'm demanding is what we had for a century.

anything less and i'm not terribly interested.

Samba

Post by Samba » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:02 pm

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:41 am
For me the only thing left was to stop giving GSB any of my money. Take away what i loved and I take away what you do. It's a meaningless gesture really I know.
I wouldn't call it that, Sammy. I'd say it was meaningful.
Someone has stopped you going to watch West Ham.

Samba

Post by Samba » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:36 pm
I agree on the wish. The problem is and go where? We would be looking for an owner with ~1bn to spend on a new ground + the asking price + money to invest in keeping us in the PL.
I wouldn't necessarily be wanting to move again. There's a risk we'd have to leave the borough unless someone can point out a suitable location in what's becoming an increasingly full borough.
No, what I want to see would have to be a total rebuild of the OS. Even knocking it down & starting again. With the right money, anything is possible.
That will never happen under GSB & for that reason alone, they would have to go.
Until they do, I can't see much hope for us. Apart from the great job that HU are trying to do.

Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:17 pm

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:36 pm
I don't think we need to spend that much, just a decent 40k ish capacity , 4 sided new build, somewhere not fashionable with half decent links (tube and overground) that if you were regular you'd know the quickest cut throughs etc. Try and stay in the Prem obviously but if we do suffer a relegation or 2 during the process of paying it off then so what? It wouldn't be any different to what we're used to anyway but we would have a soul back which is priceless. West Ham United would be back from dead.

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Mega Ron wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:27 pm
MV, the slide might actually be what is required to get West Ham back.

If we slide so far that these old ***** that are bleeding us dry cut and run, the fans will be all that's left.
Can’t disagree with your philosophy. As a supporter I always want West Ham to win, challenge for cups etc. and get very frustrated when we don’t (see Oxford & Wimbledon for not trying).
The problem with this is it keeps the garden rosy for our owners. They will have to act soon to avoid r a relegation scrap (that I don’t think we would handle well) but will they act wisely? I doubt it.. and even off they do, 6 months or a year we will be back here again with another manger (Eddie Howe if you believe the bookies, odd on as of today apparently) given no backing and the blame for everything including Global Warming!
Caught between a rock and a hard place..
Still we must fight
COYI ⚒⚒