Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Post Reply
Online
Watford 'Ammer
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:59 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:37 pm

CA - the point about spending came about because of net spend.

Of course, if we were top of the league, the net spend would be viewed as sufficient. HU members have questioned net spend over our boards tenure. The move to the OS was supposed to be followed by an increase in investment. If net spend is low you are not really investing.

Of course, you cannot pass final judgement until you see the fruits of the spend but it is becoming painfully obvious that those who questioned net spend were right. We have not moved to the promised next level and we do not have the squad to do that.

User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Posts: 33821
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:38 pm

you'd end up going some place else - ground looks really nice but has a 9-10K capacity.

I understand where you're coming from mate. never having been to the OS of course, and were I there right now I very much doubt I would unless my mates pulled me along.

there isn't any easy fix. next closest place to ground share ? Spuds or the Gooners. how would people feel about that ? south of the river maybe ?

we have at least 36K "regulars." assume loads of the "new breed" of fans would not go, I reckon we still had 25-30K in the Fizzy last time around. not really easy to say ground share. that wouldn't be for eternity. the other team(s) would say I guess "limited time to help you out." so then what ?

I know how frustrating it is. trouble is mate not enough people kicked up a ruck prior to moving. not that I think anything could have been done GS&B had already deemed it necessary for them to turn a profit. that's why they bought us. they're not selling up anytime soon and they for sure ain't going to move to a ground share.

in the immortal words on Turkish and Tommy:

Tommy: What's coursing?
Turkish: Hare coursing. They set two lurchers – they're dogs, before you ask – on a hare. And the hare has to outrun the dogs.
Tommy: So, what if it doesn't?
Turkish: Well, the big rabbit gets ****ed, doesn't it?
Tommy: [pauses and thinks] Proper ****ed?
Turkish: Yes Tommy, proper ****ed




:lol:

User avatar
happydaystoytown
Posts: 678
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:35 pm
Location: sittin' in a rainbow

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by happydaystoytown » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:48 pm

The Old Mile End wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:15 am
That's why for me, cards on the table, I want "out of the stadium" as the protest goal.

I say this in the best interest of West Ham United FC.

That means whatever it takes, wherever we end up. :crest:
Totally agree.

We'd be better off ground sharing in someone else's stadium for the next 100 years, than staying in that, not fit for purpose dump.
Or ideally knock it down and start again, anything less than either, is just turd polishing.

The trouble is, how is either ever going to happen?

If we completely imploded on the playing field, go down a couple of divisions and just languish there, making us an unsuitable anchor tenant, maybe.

It comes to something, that these scumbag owners have got me dreaming of us becoming a mediocre, League One side.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 9624
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? Worse than Hitler.

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Samba » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:48 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:06 pm
but a supporters club or ISA or whatever - isn't going to force the board's hand imvho
It's better to have a pressure group than not have one.

if we were say in 5th or 6th with 26 points or thereabout - would this point still be on the HU agenda ?
Well, then obviously, it wouldn't need to be. However, that is far from the case.

if Fab doesn't get hurt, Fornals and Haller are firing on (almost) all cylinders and Anderson going strong, would we still be asking for investment to improve the team ?
Apart from Fab coming back, the rest is far, far from certain.

I wonder - it's still been under-investment for years since they came, but I know that with less investment the last season at TB was far superior. we failed to top up the team in January, but we still finished well. our investment was pisspoor that summer which led to Dimi downing tools and it all went Peter Tong. yes there's a track record of course, but that was a brilliant season and we didn't chuck 45M on a LM, 24M on an AMC and 45M on a CF. we could have spent less and spent better but they never gave Slav that chance I understand.
still that was the best we finished for a long time.
in fact the board could point to that and say "why ?"
1) It was a freak season, to end all freak seasons. ALL of the big names were struggling, all at the same time.
2) G&S had totally lucked out on Payet. A truly, world class player who single handedly pulled everyone else up around him. Unluckily for us, Leicester City lucked out even more.
When Payet had the right hump & couldn't be bothered, the following season, everyone else's form in claret & blue, turned to sh*t.
Of course that brilliant season might have also been because we were still playing at Upton Park :wink:

User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Posts: 33821
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:07 pm

Samba

with the exception of the "top two" the rest are still struggling

Leicester in 2nd
Wolves in 5th
Sheff U in 6th
Burnley in 7th
Arsenal in 8th
ManU in 9th
Spurs in 10th

we're only currently better than:

Norwich in 18th
Soton in 19th
Watford in 20th

I'm not disagreeing with you, in fact we're very closely in agreement.

the club will spend to keep us up - not because a supporters group tells them to - pressure group or no.

20018-19 prize money - 119.3M


119 million reasons to spend - not 6K fans - 10% of the total capacity of the ground.

WCpete
Posts: 15961
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:11 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by WCpete » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:10 pm

I haven't read through this thread, so I'm sure that what I say will be boll lox. Nonetheless, we would have more credibility if we didn't just protest every time we go on a losing streak. It reeks of entitlement. Let's see us protest the board when we're not threatened b relegation.

User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Posts: 33821
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:11 pm

WCpete wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:10 pm
I haven't read through this thread, so I'm sure that what I say will be boll lox. Nonetheless, we would have more credibility if we didn't just protest every time we go on a losing streak. It reeks of entitlement. Let's see us protest the board when we're not threatened b relegation.
I mentioned this a while back..

said maybe the time for a protest was at home to either Citeh or The Bin Dippers - 5-0 at h-t - then protest.

so not much chance of a protest then .............................................

:D

User avatar
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Posts: 40304
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Purveyor of Great and unmatched wisdom

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by the pink palermo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:36 pm

The stadium moved has killed us. Stone dead.

It's not results, many of us have stood and cheered us all the way to division 2 several times before, and not raised a single question of the Board.

This particular Board of Directors have exhausted all goodwill by their appalling behaviour over the term of their tenure.The supporters by and large have shown the patience of a saint.How many people on here were content to "wait and see" before deciding on the new stadium.Plenty of our supporters gave the Board the benefit of the doubt, and even those with doubts were reticent to oppose, choosing to believe the lies and deceit peddled by Karren and her crew as to our future on the pitch prospects. Why shouldn't they have wanted to believe ? It's not their fault they trusted people who betrayed them completely.

So now we have a supporter base a great many of whom do not trust the clubs high command.Fool us once shame on you, fool us twice, shame on us, so when we were promised a world class team in a world class stadium, and went meekly to Stratford on the back of it, then yes supporters will protest when results are bad .

However, and this is the crucial bit, just because the supporters aren't protesting at other times doesn't mean they are happy with their lot.

Our supporters know to a man and woman we've been double tucked up by these owners, we've been lied to, betrayed and treated like ****.There's no way back for these owners, they will never be trusted by the supporters.

Not even if we won the European cup 3 years running.

They lied to us, pure and simple, they lied, and they will never be trusted again.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 9624
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? Worse than Hitler.

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Samba » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:38 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:38 pm
there isn't any easy fix. next closest place to ground share ? Spuds or the Gooners. how would people feel about that ? south of the river maybe ?
Spurs would love us there..

we have at least 36K "regulars." assume loads of the "new breed" of fans would not go, I reckon we still had 25-30K in the Fizzy last time around.
First game of the season, the least! 25,680
Last game of the season, the most! 35,000


not really easy to say ground share
Yes, it rules out Orient & probably Charlton, as well.

I know how frustrating it is. trouble is mate not enough people kicked up a ruck prior to moving. not that I think anything could have been done.
Along with being razzle-dazzled, no one could really see in to the future. Even the biggest naysayer had to end up believing that G&S would probably, make it alright. What with them both being proper West Ham fans, after all..
I think it would have been impossible back then to mobilise nearly enough people to try & block the move. We just couldn't foresee the outcome.


User avatar
Samba
Posts: 9624
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? Worse than Hitler.

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Samba » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:57 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:36 pm
However, and this is the crucial bit, just because the supporters aren't protesting at other times doesn't mean they are happy with their lot.
Not even if we won the European cup 3 years running.
Pinky nails it.
Doesn't matter what we win (as if..), we'd still be in an athletics stadium, watching too far from the pitch.
The c*nts that did it, can't undo it & would never even want to.
YES, with success, they wouldn't get the same protests but these owners are never going to get us success. I don't think they're capable of it.

Marlow Vaderman
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:04 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:05 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:36 pm
They lied to us, pure and simple, they lied, and they will never be trusted again.
And that is the best post yet PP
And this is why I despair when I see so many who still think our owners can walk on water.
They have done some good things. The dedication of the Billy Bonds stand for example will take some beating in this “new era” but it’s not nearly enough.
If they would just start by talking to the fans, be that via HU or another of the FSA backed groups (or better still a rep from each) it would be a huge stride towards a compromise. Only 2 clubs from 91 doesn’t recognise its supporters, another indication of just how far down to the bottom of the barrel our owners are.
Thanks again for your wise words. You never know, people may see them and finally wake up.
Keep the faith, and don’t let the b#$tards grind you down...
MV ⚒⚒

Online
Watford 'Ammer
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:59 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:07 pm

Reading PPs post I’ve just had a flashback to the memory of walking up the steps to the entrance to the seats in the old BML... As you approach the top you can almost taste the atmosphere. The anticipation, the closeness, the connection, the urge, the tingle, the buzz.

Now we have a ****ing concourse that sits outside of the main structure, we navigate scaffolding, we take our seats in the abyss.

**** you GSB

User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Posts: 33821
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:12 pm

iirc

Pinky was vehemently in opposition

there were many more dissenters who had drawings that showed there was no way on earth that the fans would have a great view

no way they would get retractable seating because the people in the first rows of the permanent seats wouldn't be able to see

no way the roof would cover anyone if those retractable seats were effected

they were shouted down by people who thought that going to the OS would allow us to compete with Arsenal - Brady's words I think

I am sure it doesn't give those nay sayers any happiness to say "I told you so."

as I am also sure there are loads who love the place. it is what it is and there's no going back, no ground share - where would GS&B get to ground share for 2.5M a year like they pay rent at the OS ? the answer is nowhere.

doesn't help to say, we ain't going nowhere but to be honest that's the cold hard facts. we ain't.

User avatar
MrHammer73
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:39 am

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by MrHammer73 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:12 pm

I agree with most here that the stadium is the biggest problem and we have to get out of there before the whole soul of the club is ripped away.

We should ground share with Orient until we can get another football purpose stadium built near Upton Park. I know this wont happen under these owners so protests have to be the way forward to force them out.

I will be up for that for sure :crest:

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 9624
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? Worse than Hitler.

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Samba » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:17 pm

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:12 pm
Pinky was vehemently in opposition
I'm in no doubt that he was. If Pinky had owned West Ham, we'd all be happier & still at Upton Park.
He'd want the best seats though.


there were many more dissenters who had drawings that showed there was no way on earth that the fans would have a great view
no way they would get retractable seating because the people in the first rows of the permanent seats wouldn't be able to see
no way the roof would cover anyone if those retractable seats were affected
They were all correct, weren't they?
Unfortunately, none of them had the position or power of GSB.


they were shouted down by people who thought that going to the OS would allow us to compete with Arsenal - Brady's words I think
Clearly.

as I am also sure there are loads who love the place.
And they are more than welcome to it.

it is what it is and there's no going back,
Clearly & it's why they will never be forgiven. Them or their kids.

no ground share - where would GS&B get to ground share for 2.5M a year like they pay rent at the OS ? the answer is nowhere.
The only issue of ground share has come up in terms of knocking the OS down & rebuilding. Therefore, of course it won't happen under GSB.

doesn't help to say, we ain't going nowhere but to be honest that's the cold hard facts. we ain't.
Well it looks like we could be going somewhere this season. Down to the 'next level' of the Championship, unless something changes pretty damn quick. It's not even just about losing games, it's the awful performances of so many players.

User avatar
mywhufc
Posts: 3314
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by mywhufc » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:25 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:05 pm
And that is the best post yet PP
And this is why I despair when I see so many who still think our owners can walk on water.
They have done some good things. The dedication of the Billy Bonds stand for example will take some beating in this “new era” but it’s not nearly enough.
If they would just start by talking to the fans, be that via HU or another of the FSA backed groups (or better still a rep from each) it would be a huge stride towards a compromise. Only 2 clubs from 91 doesn’t recognise its supporters, another indication of just how far down to the bottom of the barrel our owners are.
Thanks again for your wise words. You never know, people may see them and finally wake up.
Keep the faith, and don’t let the b#$tards grind you down...
MV ⚒⚒
If the mountain wont go to mohammed then mohammed must go to the mountain.
WHUISA used to meet with the club as part of the SAB, the club reconised them.
Whuisa removed themselves from the SAB.
HU had a vote of their members, but no discussuion i saw on the merits of being on SAB or against. so for me loaded vote.
You claim they dont reconise you yet they answer your emails and have asked you to apply for SAB.
HU have fallen into their trap, the SAB ticks the boxes for UEFA and premier league they will never go against teh club.
If what youve got to say on behalf of your members is so important, Join SAB, stand up in the room and say it to them.
Let them throw you out if its not to their liking.
I saw PP take on Brady at an SAB meeting, got her to sqwirm a bit. He did it to her face.
They will not come to you, play them at their own game, you have nothing to lose
As for protest
You should of done it in 2014 not 2020, means **** all now, as they won the day they rubber stamped the move with just a few complaing against it.

User avatar
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Posts: 33821
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:19 pm
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Cuenca 'ammer » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:40 am

Samba

nah Pinky would be in the best box seats scarfing the cheese board and stuffed mushroom caps washed down with some very nice top notch bottle of plonk...

saying "let them eat cake !!!!"

:lol:

User avatar
Beavis Danzig
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:12 pm
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Beavis Danzig » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:30 am

i never wanted the move, not one part of me. back when it became official the line that constantly stumped me was from those many years advanced from the relative spring chicken i was the best part of a decade ago, who felt they'd done their time in the trenches and just wanted to see us compete for glories before they popped their clogs. when people who have been going since before your parents were born are pleading that case t's hard to make an argument against them. in hindsight i wish i'd been more selfish.

back then it seemed a man city like proposition, and i had no interest in becoming another man city, letalone whatever sorry mess we've become.

in a way i have less to be angry about as i never was never a buyer of what they were selling.

new owners could come in and relegate us twice over attempting to fund a new home fit for our club and i'd treat them as saviours.

Northbank Bar
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:09 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:55 am

Mywhu.I had planned to keep off this today but your remarks are so far off the mark I have to reply.

Our members voted by 90 to 10% not to ask for a place on the OSB.-The SAB. you refer to no longer exists.You say it was a loaded vote which is not true.-It also implies that our members do not have the wherewithal to make a decision for themselves.-Which I resent.

Please also remember that if we were to apply then there is no guarantee we would be accepted and also ask yourself why WHUISA removed themselves.

THe OSB. was not even consulted about season ticket prices or Socios.It's recent stance re distribution of away tickets was questionable.-Only when there was outcry,not just from H.U. but from the fanbase as a whole did the club react.

The OSB.is there for one reason and one reason only.-To be used as a club shield used as an excuse not to engage with the elected democratic groups.

Northbank Bar
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:09 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Northbank Bar » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:12 am

Mywhu.

One more thing.You say H.U. have fallen into their trap.

On the contrary,the trap is to become part of the OSB.-And we have not fallen into it.

Post Reply