Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Adrianisournumber1

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Adrianisournumber1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:42 pm

LeonRivers wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:38 pm
Please explain. What will they listen to?
They will listen as it will hurt them financially to the turn of about 60million admittedly we could bounce back and they get a windfall from 100m game as it’s known.

These guys don’t care remember Birmingham they took an awful lot of abuse and protests and it took an age for them to budge. We have a 60,000 seater stadium that sells most it’s tickets week in week out 2 or 3 thousands fans being upset won’t move them as it financially won’t effect them. We got the two most stubborn arses in football.

-DL-
Match thread guru

Post by -DL- » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:54 pm

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:42 pm
They will listen as it will hurt them financially to the turn of about 60million admittedly we could bounce back and they get a windfall from 100m game as it’s known.

These guys don’t care remember Birmingham they took an awful lot of abuse and protests and it took an age for them to budge. We have a 60,000 seater stadium that sells most it’s tickets week in week out 2 or 3 thousands fans being upset won’t move them as it financially won’t effect them. We got the two most stubborn arses in football.
If we go down, 'they' won't have lost a penny - the club as a business, will do. Any funding that needs to be put in to the club to get us back up again, they will put in as loans and charge a massive interest rate on, just as they always do.

It won't hurt them in the pocket at all. Quite why people wish the club, not G&S, to go down to a lower league to hurt them is mind boggling. It will only hurt the club from a financial point of view. The only 'hurt' they will feel is from their pride that yet again they've overseen a relegation.

In fact, far from getting rid of them, it would probably make them stay longer as they won't sell at a loss - the club is a much more saleable asset in The PL than it is in The Championship. Wishing we go down to get rid is ridiculous - it's cutting noses off to spite face - because they won't sell. Simple as that.

Samba

Post by Samba » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:44 pm

-DL- wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:54 pm
It won't hurt them in the pocket at all. Quite why people wish the club, not G&S, to go down to a lower league to hurt them is mind boggling. It will only hurt the club from a financial point of view. The only 'hurt' they will feel is from their pride that yet again they've overseen a relegation.
Not that I want us to go down (I really hate when we do) but they would really hate that 'hurt'.
If it did nothing else, it would advertise to anyone outside of West Ham that's interested, just how sh*t & full of bullsh*t the custodianship of G&S has been.
Relegation in 10/11 was one thing. Relegation after the move would look far worse, imo & for that reason, I'm not sure they'd let it happen.
Which, I have to say, is a good thing.

goa127

Post by goa127 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:55 am

Thanks DL for a bit of sanity. It infuriates me that people cannot see that damaging the club is not the same as damaging G&S. Just as they don't put their hands in their own pockets, it doesn't cause them personal loss to not buy a shirt from the shop. Although Sulli may think he IS the club, he isn't. It's still West Ham United. (although some think not)

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:41 am

-DL- wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:54 pm
Quite why people wish the club, not G&S, to go down
cos those that wish g&s to "go down" get censored :D

Supreme

Post by Supreme » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:47 pm

Imagine this will die another death after the good result at the weekend.

We had the big chance to properly pull together and protest against this lot back in March last year, when momentum was at its strongest. In typical West Ham style we managed to royally **** it up, and that will be that. Won't have a better chance or time again unfortunately.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:03 pm
This is a quite brilliant and massively influential forum. There are several others. There are also several fan groups and numerous Facebook pages. All of us need to be singing from the same hymn book. And when, as opposed to if, we protest it has to be big, loud and most importantly legal. We as fans have to hold the moral high ground in our efforts to effect change.

So come on KUMB, Hammers Chat and the like, Come in Facebook page admins.. And come on Hammers everywhere. YOU are needed. NOW. Join HU or a group like it, get messages of support on your given forums and let’s Tell GSB that their efforts simply aren’t good enough.
For the record, and for the benefit of those who may be relatively new to digital platforms, KUMB have been holding WHUFC's Board/s to account for more than 20 years, whether that be via the content we publish or in the numerous meetings with Board members we have attended during that time on behalf of our readers and the fan base.

It should also be stressed that for much of that time, KUMB was the only recognised fan platform to be doing so. :thup:

Tenbury

Post by Tenbury » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:03 pm

goa127 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:55 am
Thanks DL for a bit of sanity. It infuriates me that people cannot see that damaging the club is not the same as damaging G&S. Just as they don't put their hands in their own pockets, it doesn't cause them personal loss to not buy a shirt from the shop. Although Sulli may think he IS the club, he isn't. It's still West Ham United. (although some think not)
Genuinely sorry for being infuriating.I may well be alone here, but the last few years of no ST ,and physical distance plus a disgust for our new home , has meant I've been at a couple of more local lower division grounds more often than when I lived in London. Standing on a terrace at the like of F.Green Rovers, Shrewsbury,Walsall etc reminds me of something I thought was lost.

For me, it's not just about GSB ( contemptible slime though they are), our club is ALREADY damaged. This crappy stadium is a big part of the problem.In any division, in our own football stadium we will always be :crest: .

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:42 pm

goa127 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:55 am
It infuriates me that people cannot see that damaging the club is not the same as damaging G&S. Just as they don't put their hands in their own pockets, it doesn't cause them personal loss to not buy a shirt from the shop. Although Sulli may think he IS the club, he isn't. It's still West Ham United. (although some think not)
There's fragments of the old West Ham still there - much, but not all of the fanbase. One of our own captaining the side. You can't get any more West Ham than a legend's son playing his first game for West Ham and becoming an instant hero. But I'm one of those who no longer see enough of West Ham United in West Ham London.

I don't care about results - that doesn't mean I want 'us' to lose just that I don't care if we do. What's the point? We're never going to win the league - we never were for that matter except for when, in now what feels like a galaxy far, far away, for one lovely season it just looked like we just might. But. We don't even try to win cups anymore - in fact we actively try not to win them. The non league team I used to support and still look out for, and who are now in league ZZZ showed considerably more heart and application when losing recently to Oxford than we did against the same opposition a few weeks earlier. As much as anything can be obscene in a footballing context then that's obscene. It wouldn't be if it was a one off but it isn't - it's what we now do and do year in year out. Because the cups don't matter and I never in a million years thought anyone would be able to say that about West Ham. ****, we even nearly won a cup under Terry Brown and until the current parasites came along I never thought we'd get a worse owner than that ****.

So who is behind the objectives we set? It was never Zola, Grant, Slav, Moyes (although his throwing of the Arsenal cup game was something else). It was never Allardyce for all the stick he took for "hanging the kids out to dry". It's not Pellers. It's the bosses - they set the goals - they tell the manager what they want and don't want. If they told a manager that they wanted us to go full tilt at the cups then one of them would have had to do so by now. That it hasn't happened should tell you everything you need to know why many of us barely recognise, if we recognise it all our own football club.

So without wishing relegation on us I really don't care if 'we' do go down. I don't care what effect it has on the club as it exists now because I don't see it as being even remotely close to the club it was. And I don't want that situation to continue. People say relegation would mean they're less likely to leave due to wanting to maximise profits. Well of course that's what they want but it kind of assumes we'll bounce back up into the money league. I think that's a huge assumption to make. The Championship is far more competitive than the PL. There are famous old clubs in that league with money who haven't managed to get out of it or keep out of it. We could very easily become just another one of them. That's just as likely in my view and within a couple of years there'd be no more (unless GSB gave tickets away) than 25,000 rattling around in that place. And people think it's depressing now? Just wait. We'd see then if they hang on for the money league return or if they had to cut their losses and sell cheaper just to get rid of the chain around their neck and because it wasn't such a valuable asset. That would also open up the possibility of opening us up to more potential buyers rather than less at the price they'd try to get out of people now.

If GSB stay for a few years more there will be nothing of my club left regardless of what league it is in. If they go sooner rather than later then at least something of what I fell in love with will still be there and that something can still be built on by owners with a bit more sympathy and respect for what we always were and always should be. So relegation for West Ham London? Not a problem for me no matter how much that might grind the gears of those such as yourself, whose perspective I understand by the way, but just don't agree with.

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:44 pm

DaveWHU1964 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:42 pm
So relegation for West Ham London? Not a problem for me no matter how much that might grind the gears of those such as yourself, whose perspective I understand by the way, but just don't agree with.
PS _ Tenners - you most definitely are not alone as you'll see if you managed to make it through my long-winded splurge in this post mate. :)

Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:09 pm

notice the husillos hit pieces are ramping up. sullivan must be ****ting it that pellegrini gets a tune out of fornals and can't return to his duties as emperor of football as a result. the hit pieces are still all centered on roberto now, who shocking as he is, was brought in for about 50p.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:53 pm

UTJ.That is why KUMB and Hammers United should meet over a coffee or a beer and see what common ground we have and if and how we can work together.

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:33 pm

Tenbury wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:03 pm
In any division, in our own football stadium we will always be :crest: .
:o

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:50 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:48 pm
For the record, and for the benefit of those who may be relatively new to digital platforms, KUMB have been holding WHUFC's Board/s to account for more than 20 years, whether that be via the content we publish or in the numerous meetings with Board members we have attended during that time on behalf of our readers and the fan base.

It should also be stressed that for much of that time, KUMB was the only recognised fan platform to be doing so. :thup:
UTJ
This post a rallying call and definitely not a criticism. I’m an old dinosaur and as you rightly spotted relatively new to digital forums.
All I’m suggesting is that the disparate groups unite under a common banner and work together on the central issue that many have.
A pre match beer together one day would be a great start...
Cheers 🍻
MV ⚒⚒

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:50 pm
This post a rallying call and definitely not a criticism.
And not taken as such, Marlow. Simply clarifying our position for those who may be new to all this.
Marlow Vaderman wrote:
All I’m suggesting is that the disparate groups unite under a common banner and work together on the central issue that many have.
I should stress that KUMB is a media outlet, not a protest group. However the supporters of this great institution are our lifeblood and we will continue to offer unconditional support to those who have their best interests at heart by offering them a platform on this website's forum.
Marlow Vaderman wrote:
A pre match beer together one day would be a great start...
I've not set foot inside the OS since May 2017, but I'm sure The Pink Palermo/Gnome et al would be happy to do so on KUMB's behalf.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:47 pm

UTJ.I take your point.

Hammers United are not a protest group either.We have been around 7 months.We have tried,and are still trying, to get West ham to speak to the democratic fans groups.-We have not resorted to protest.

Only when all 'diplomatic' channels are exhausted will we consider some form of protest.

We have launched our successful stewarding initiative and have challenged the club on so many things but the overriding goal is that they meet the democratic fans groups like every other club in the Premier League and as laid down by the Football Governance Guidelines.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Adrianisournumber1 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:42 pm

But what is the message/request/demand? I asked ‘what will they listen to?’. I’m still none the wiser. What do they need to do to stop the protests?

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Tenbury wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:03 pm
I've been at a couple of more local lower division grounds more often than when I lived in London. Standing on a terrace at the like of F.Green Rovers, Shrewsbury,Walsall etc reminds me of something I thought was lost.
That is lost, and was lost many years ago. Modern football has changed immeasurably and it has nothing whatsoever to do with Sullivan, Brady or the London Stadium. I first attended the Boleyn Ground in 1992, and held a season ticket there for many years. It was getting s***ter every season, with the occasional good season where the team was performing well and the mood was high.

I attribute a lot of it to SKY, a lot of it to social media and a hell of a lot of it to Roman Abramovic and his ilk. I’ve supported West Ham from the terraces at Derby, Peterborough, Chesterfield and many more. Those days are long, long gone. They are long gone for all clubs trying to compete at the top table. They will never come back, even if safe standing happens. The modern football fan is simply not compatible. No amount of protesting, rioting or boycotting will ever change that.

In my opinion, the only way to improve the match day experience is to generate it ourselves. Accept what we have and where we are, and make the most of it.

LeonRivers

Post by LeonRivers » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Northbank Bar wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:47 pm
We have launched our successful stewarding initiative and have challenged the club on so many things but the overriding goal is that they meet the democratic fans groups like every other club in the Premier League and as laid down by the Football Governance Guidelines.
and, for the record, I wholeheartedly approve of the above. :crest:

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:43 pm

DaveWHU1964 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:42 pm
There's fragments of the old West Ham still there - much, but not all of the fanbase.
Another good post elevated - thanks Dave: https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=43691